Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

one bad afternoon,

dd was involved in a serious car accident about 1ish today.

she had the 3 grandkids with her, all seatbelted in.

car is a totalled loss. all air bags deployed.

all are shaken up, both physically and metal

of course the lady who ran a stop sign/stop light A SIGNAGE OF SOME KIND TO SAY STOP, was NOT INSURED. so my daughter insurance has to eat everything.

not much else guys.

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, how terrifying about your DD and her family. I'm so sorry this has happened but grateful that they're ok.

well, I guess we're the only people who didn't see the Saturn/Juniter event. we went out several times to look but it was too cloudy. later in the night the sky was crystal clear but by that time it was too late.

@Hayfield, I saw that biscotti you made on FB. biscotti happens to be one of my weaknesses. lucky for me I found a brand that is only 90 calories so I can still indulge, but I know they're not as good as yours.

it's been like spring here the last 3 days but we're supposed to be having big storms tomorrow night and then turn very cold by Christmas day.

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Mississippi farm sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

A16946FE-1D61-4C77-B0B1-E8FBC240CAC1_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Just a quick check in...

@viva923 , OMGoodness, I'm so sorry to hear about DD's accident. I'm glad she and the kids are OK...that's the most important thing. I don't drive much anymore..

@Hayfield , our Governor just said closures will probably be extended after the three weeks. I think there's court cases trying to appeal his ruling. Small businesses and restaurants are especially not happy. Enjoy your time with your DD. I love Biscotti!

@JustJazzmom , I make Brie different ways, but haven't ride it with fig jam. Sounds delicious! I think it will be just us for Christmas too...

@MariotaMurielle , did you get your pies baked? I can't remember if you said you'd be staying with your DD over Christmas or not. Sounds like your staying true to your diet. Wish I could say the same...

The weather's cooled down some. I'm all done with everything needed for Christmas. Gifts wrapped and mailed. We're relaxing and planning a quiet Christmas Day. There's so much sadness in the world right now. I do count my blessing daily and take nothing for granted. I miss my family and grandchildren, but we're staying apart now, so we can All be together, hopefully, next year. 

I hope everyone had a good day and staying safe and well..Good Night!

~H~
Trusted Contributor

@viva923   Oh my goodness that's terrible about your DD's car accident.  Glad to hear that she and the kids were okay,  

Honored Contributor

That had to be scary @viva923 . My goal for today is to deep clean and bake so that there is little to do between tomorrow and Sunday. Listening to Christmas music should help me keep a pace. Lots of classic Christmas movies I'd like to watch in the upcoming days, along with some football games to enjoy with my husband.

Honored Contributor

hey all

dinner is ready have to scoot

hair cut day

dd and kids doing ok, just sore. dd began paperwork on new car stuff at the dealership where she works. that is as much as know, what happens next not sure. know her crew ill take good car of her.

ok guys later.

Esteemed Contributor

it's storming here.. thunder and pouring rain. they even mentioned the possibility of tornadoes south of us. it will get really cold tomorrow.

I made a pumpkin pie and a pecan pie to take to DD's.

can you believe tomorrow night is Christmas eve?

sending blessings to all.

here's a Pascagoula sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

827928B5-2008-477C-93A2-FCEB724FB441_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @MariotaMurielle @viva923 @AuntG @katte 

Hi, everybody! I certainly have lots to catch up on!

I want to wish everybody a "Merry Christmas 🎄!"

We have a 

1B84FF06-315F-4790-8E58-8059F9ED8A9D.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good morning! 
@viva923  Glad that your DD & GCs we're okay after that accident. Cars can be replaced. 

@MariotaMurielle  Those pies sound delicious. Enjoy your visit with your DD.

@SleeplessinSD  @AuntG Have a wonderful Christmas. Christmas music makes the chores go faster. 

@Hayfield saw your biscotti.Always great with coffee or a glass of dessert wine. 

@LTT1 have a wonderful Christmas.

Doing stuffed shells Florentine today for tonight. Have all the ingredients. Have a peaceful Christmas Eve. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy holiday!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.