Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

not much here

WET WET WET here again, another heavy rainfall day. Suppose to be with us till later friday.

was able to get my walks in today the heavier rain isn't due in till tonight.

ok guys going to take my shower, ok guys later

Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to thank JustJazzMom for the delicious recipe. I can't wait to make it. I made chicken noodle soup for dinner. It needed a little more poultry seasoning. I never measure. Guess I should. 

A pleasant evening & blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--We're having rainy weather for a couple of days, so very little outdoor activities!  DH can't play golf or pickleball, so I had to give him something to do!  It's open season for our health insurance, DH got to keep his health insurance from his job and it became our secondary insurance when we went on medicare and every year we like to check it and make sure we want to keep the same plan.  Our dear friends came to dinner Tuesday night and we had a great time, the good news is they might be moving to our area when next year, her DH retired two years ago and she's retiring next year.  We'll see, nothing is definite yet.  They're looking into a community that's very "high end", it's about 30 minutes south of us.  We looked at it when we bought in our community but decided againist it due to the fact that's it's further away from everything and if you want to go anywhere you have to drive down a two lane road for about 40 minutes to get to civilization.  I needed to be closer to a city since we're not getting any younger and I wanted to be closer to shopping, doctors, etc.  It is pretty in that area but just not for us in the long term.  I'm playing indoor pickleball today and I have Pilates this morning.  I hope everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

MM--I would be thrilled if DH told me he didn't want dinner anymore, I wouldn't be insulted!  His eating "too much" just meant that you're a great cook!  We had our friends for dinner the other night since we hadn't seen them in over a year and I thought it would be more fun to have them here and it was, we had appetizers on the screen porch, dinner in our eating area and dessert at the fire pit but boy it was a ton of work.  I'm just not into cooking anymore and I try to keep it simple as I can.  It was hamburgers on the grill last night!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!

@Hayfield , a couple of my nieces are teachers and are teaching online only too. Schools where they live aren't open, so I think most parents are doing their best at doing the same. I'm sure you're looking forward to having both your kids with you for Christmas. Have you made your Manicotti and meatballs/sauce yet? Yum! Your place sounds like a fun, nice place to retire. So much to do. I really need a Pilates class. I'm sure it would help with all the aches and pain I have after doing gardening...😊

@snardy , I've bought a few gifts online too. My list is small, so I don't feel any pressure on hurrying. Our weather's been so nice lately. I think we're warming up for the weekend. So happy to see your post....stay safe and well, dear friend.💕

@JustJazzmom , thank you for taking time to post your sesame noodle recipe. Another one to save...yum!

@LTT1 , so good to hear from you! Take care and enjoy your time with the grands!

@MariotaMurielle , I lol'd reading your DH was tired of having supper! Hallelujah, yes! And, he makes cakes too...definitely, a keeper!😉

I saw this photo online taken in Florida.  Yikes! I'll never complain about the rabbits and the occasional raccoon here again!😮

61EF5874-4283-460D-875E-7F2331171DB9.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome @SleeplessinSD . I don't mind sharing recipes. 

In between the windy, cloudy skies with intermittent rain, I refilled the bird feeders & cut back the 'Bartzella' peony. It is such a beauty in the spring with yellow flowers with some red in the centers. It's a cross between a tree peony & a herbaceous peony. It acts like a herbaceous in that you cut back the stems in the late fall & it has huge one flower per stem blooms. 

I had seen a grouping of them at the Biltmore Estate Village area in Asheville, NC about 4-5 years ago. 

Today will start to wrap presents for those coming for Thanksgiving. Plus do the panko shrimp & brownie mix with added walnuts. 

Have a great Thursday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much around here.

we got 4.5inches of rain last night, just copious amounts of rain., still showery today, had to wear my slicker on my walk both times today, hope sun comes back tomorrow. Had much flooding in our low lying areas,weather alert radio went off a couple times last evening warning drivers about areas already flooded out.

Did many chores, got both walks in, folded clothes,that has been it for today.

ok guys tomorrow

ok guys later

Sleepy wow what a huge gator, would hate to run into that on a dark night.

Honored Contributor

hey all

rained again overnight. i think this was hurricane eta letting us know she was stopping by and moving on.

got my walk in. someone was suppose to stop by to repair something at my house,they failed to show up, guess we will ahve to find a new repair person.

oh my gosh, i see peaks of sunshine now.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

My repair job was done, repair guy showed up later. 

He informed us my normal handyman has cancer and unknown amount of time left. 

sun actually came out this afternoon.

Not much else guys.

Esteemed Contributor

we had a nice quiet day. I decided to do some dusting, just in one area of the house, but once I got started it turned into a major operation. I moved furniture, climbed up on a ladder to clean the tops of shelves, cleaned the ceiling fans, deer antlers, stacks of Shaker boxes. I also took all the dishes and glassware out of the china cabinet and washed everything and cleaned the shelves. now I'm tired.

sending big blessings to all.

instead of a sunset here's The Swinging Bridge (as we call it) across the Pearl River in the town where I live.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

45EABD04-3992-4BE9-A683-0A1403ED413F_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich