Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

hello all

not much going on here

had my monthly facial today

that was highlight of the day/month. Not much else, just did normal chores, got both walks in, opened up the house for a bit. Nice and warm this afternoon.

just left overs for dinner tonight.

ok guys tomorrow

Respected Contributor

hi everyone.

@JustJazzmom, I love good old-fashioned fried chicken and it's literally been years since I had any (other than an occasional Chick-Fil-A sandwich). when I was a kid my favorite meal was fried chicken, butterbeans and cornbread. you've made me crave some fried chicken now!

today is our 39th wedding anniversary. I woke up to breakfast and red roses. it's been a quiet but very nice day. tonight DH is going to our favorite local restaurant to pick up stuffed shrimp for my supper.

I recently discovered that I've just about worn a hole in the bottom of my favorite boiled wool slippers, so I splurged on a new pair. these are felt but the have 

rubber soles, so they should last longer. very cozy and comfortable.

19381C41-53CD-4211-92D8-904501126AD6_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good evening! Plumber rescheduled for Tuesday as he was 'under the weather'. Will also need a new expansion tank as it's leaking water at times. These things usually last about 5 years. We got about 6 on the one that was put in when we converted to gas heat. 

I ordered a gift for our youngest son's birthday coming up. It will be shipped to him. He wanted some headphones. I also visited Best Buy for a wireless mouse he also wanted. That will be a Christmas gift. I also have to get a Chewy pet gift card. He orders from them for his cat. 

Now to start making sesame noodles for tonight. I will add some cooked chicken to it. 

Have a good evening all.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Evening @JustJazzmom , @MariotaMurielle , @viva923 , @katte , @Hayfield  and everyone..

@MariotaMurielle , Happy Anniversary and Many More! I like your new slippers..look very comfy! 

@JustJazzmom , I make an oven fried chicken. It's been a long time I've made the real thing. Yum!😋

Its been a quiet day. It's getting a little windy, and a storm is headed our way. I hope everyone is doing well and wishing all a great weekend ahead...

C5ACD224-0DC4-43BE-9601-9B8A67238AD9.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle  Sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary! 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

I've been thinking about you all. It is cooling off and getting windy here. We're supposed to get a storm tomorrow. I hope we do. It is so dry here. It's taken months to put the terrible fires we had here this summer. I did a little more online Christmas shopping today. I don't plan to go to the stores so I'm shopping at home. I will miss going to the mall but DH and I are in the high risk category for Covid, so I need to stay in. We will be having Thanksgiving by ourselves for the first time in 44 years. 

MM, happy belated anniversary! I love your red slippers. I have the same ones but mine have a dog. 

JJM, sesame noodles sound so good. Your dinners always make me hungry. Is it an easy recipe to make? 

SleeplessinSD, I'm so sorry you and your DH had fevers. That's scary. I hope you are doing well now and no more fevers. I'm sure your dear son is in overdrive with the virus coming back so strongly. Keeping you in my prayers. I hope your DIL is doing alright. Take care. 💕🙏🏻

Viva, how are you? How is your SIL doing? Don't work too hard! 

Hayfield, good to hear from you. 

Katte, glad to hear you are doing well. Do you have Thanksgiving plans?

Catwhisperer, how are you and the kitties doing? Did I read that you have a gentleman friend? Good for you!

Waving hello to everyone I missed and sending blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Hi @snardy  Yes, it's an easy recipe to make. You would have to locate the sesame paste (not Halvah) to add to the dish. Let me post the recipe with what I used (in parentheses)

Sesame Noodles

Ingredients

1/2 Lb. pasta noodles (thin spaghetti) -- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil & a splash (Asian Gourmet) -- 1 Tbsp. + 1 3/4 Tsp. low sodium soy sauce (Kikkoman) -- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar (Marukan Genuine Brewed) -- 1 Tbsp. Chinese sesame paste -- 1 1/2 Tsps. smooth or chunky peanut butter -- 1 1/2 Tsps. sugar -- 1 1/2 Tsps. minced ginger (Gourmet Garden) -- 1 Tsp. dehydrated minced garlic -- 1 Tsp. chile-garlic paste or chile oil, or to taste (House of Tang Hot Chili Sesame Oil) -- half an English cucumber, peeled & cut into matchstick size -- Optional : 1/8 Cup chopped, roasted peanuts -- 1 grilled, chicken breast, cubed

Method

1) Cook noodles/pasta according to package directions, minus 1 minute. Drain & rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large mixing bowl with a splash of sesame oil. 

2) In a small bowl, whisk together remaining sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame paste, peanut butter, sugar, ginger, garlic & chile paste/oil.

3) Pour sauce over noodles & mix well. Add cucumbers, & optional peanuts & chicken.

4) Divide onto 2 plates.

Recipe can be doubled.

Yield: 2 servings  

Notes: 

Make sure the rice vinegar isn't seasoned; make sure the sesame oil isn't toasted. Refrigerate the minced ginger & it's found in the produce section. The sesame paste I bought from an Asian supermarket. It comes in a jar about 4 Ozs. & it should be refrigerated upon opening. Take it out a few hours ahead of time so the sesame oil unsolidifies. It should be mixed with a teaspoon before using. 
The other ingredients can be found in the Asian or International aisle of a supermarket.

Honored Contributor

hey all

my computer has been burping today

dh has been on phone with apple most of yesterday/today. hope it is all worked out and back to normal. all this to change my email password, wow it has been awful.

ok guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

hi everyone.

@JustJazzmom, I love good old-fashioned fried chicken and it's literally been years since I had any (other than an occasional Chick-Fil-A sandwich). when I was a kid my favorite meal was fried chicken, butterbeans and cornbread. you've made me crave some fried chicken now!

today is our 39th wedding anniversary. I woke up to breakfast and red roses. it's been a quiet but very nice day. tonight DH is going to our favorite local restaurant to pick up stuffed shrimp for my supper.

I recently discovered that I've just about worn a hole in the bottom of my favorite boiled wool slippers, so I splurged on a new pair. these are felt but the have 

rubber soles, so they should last longer. very cozy and comfortable.

19381C41-53CD-4211-92D8-904501126AD6_1_201_a.jpeg

I love your new slippers!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  It's sooo beautiful here today that we're heading to Wrightsbeach after lunch for a walk along the beach, it's only 40 minutes away!  It was a busy week, playing pickleball 5 times, of course, my heel spur is bothing me but that's to be expected when I play too much pickleball but it's so much fun!  We had a ladies lunch on Friday and then we went shoe shopping.  We sat outside and the restaurant was empty inside and nobody was outside either, it's near Wrightsville Beach and it's not tourist season, so it's a great time to go.  The restaurant was having trouble with their oven and it took longer to get our lunch, so they we got free wine!  We didn't even notice that it was taking that long.  Then it was off the the Charleston Shoe Company for some serious shoe shopping!  I got a cut pair of shoe boots, as did a couple of the other ladies.  It was a fun day, we're going back in early March to get some sandals!  We went out to dinner on Thursday night with our good friends, who lived near us in VA.  Again, an almost empty restaurant and Thursday night was 1/2 price bottle of wine, so my girlfriend and I shared a bottle of wine.  We came back to our house for dessert and sat by the firepit.  I have a old friend staying at Oak Island this week and they're coming for dinner on Tuesday.  I hope that everyone has a great week!