Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

not much here today

finally catching up on my movies on t.v.. the Marx brothers tonight

ran a couple errands late today with dh. Got that done.

finally doing wash and drying. 

Ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 , our DIL's mother is in the hospital. She's Covid negative, thank goodness, but was admitted for other serious issues. She's on a Bi Pap. Heart failure was also mentioned in combination with an infection I didn't  understand. I haven't heard anything this evening. Thank you for asking. We got new bedroom furniture from Pottery Barn a couple weeks ago. It's mahogany, and we love it. We did it all virtual with a great sales decorator. Good luck with your rug!

@JustJazzmom , I can't get on a ladder at all anymore. My balance is so bad. Good for you getting all that cleaning done. Thank you for the Halloween trick or treat link. Great idea!

@AuntG , so nice to hear from you. I'm finished Fall decorating and added a few Halloween things too!

It was a warm day, but I heard we'll be cooling off later this week. I haven't been sleeping well, so moved slow today getting anything done except some laundry. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the start of a new week. 

Good Night and blessings to all for a restful and peaceful night...

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

so busy today didn't know what end was up.

see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, glad to read your DIL's mom is Covid --. 

Scary though, that she has several medical issues. 

A step stool is safe for me as is a 5' ladder. I refuse to get on any higher ladder! 

Today the plumber came by to replace 2 sections of copper pipe which had pinhole leaks. One was really prominent. It got replaced with the PEX PVC tubing. 

We voted today, for a 2nd time! Let me explain -- original absentee ballots were filled out 2 weeks ago & I drove to our local Board of Elections to turn them in. Over the weekend we got 2 more absentee ballots with a letter inside explaining that the Libertarian candidate & Independent candidate's names were switched on the ballot. So I called them today to ask about double ballots, as you know to vote twice is a felony. 

The agent said that you can either destroy the new ballot, or mail it. 

So, we filled them out today & I again drove to the Board of Elections to hand them in. Mind you, you have to empty your pockets, show photo ID & walk thru a metal detector before entering fully into their lobby! 

I went to the upper floor & asked about the double ballots. The woman told me that the later dated one will count. At that point, I insisted on a receipt that I turned in my ballot & DH's. Got both receipts. Will hang onto the letter & the receipts in case there is a problem. 

It's always an adventure here! 😄

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, I love mahogany. I'll bet your new bedroom furniture is beautiful. prayers for your DIL's mom. hope you got caught up a little on some rest.

@JustJazzmom, I can't even imagine what a mess this voting situation is going to be. I can see it all now...the contested results, the accusations of, well....I can imagine all kinds of things.

I got my exposure to the outside world done today with a haircut and a pedicure. it's still so surreal to see everyone walking around with masks on. it feels like a bad movie.

I've still not had my flu vaccine. I've called Kroger several times since last week. they either are waiting on a shipment, got a shipment but just ran out, check back tomorrow...yada,yada,yada. I realize there are other places I could go but I really would rather go where I always get my vaccinations and they have my records.

my DH is a cake maker. people tell him he makes the best cakes they ever ate. he makes cakes fairly often and just randomly surprises people with them. the vet clinic, the bank ladies, the post office, the cook where he used to go for lunch with the other patrol officers before he retired, the pharmacy.

I told him tonight that if I haven't been able to get my flu vaccine by the end of the week, I want him to call our pharmacist at Kroger and pull a cake favor. Smiley Happy

I think the squirrels have eaten my lettuce plants already. oh well, so much for fresh fall lettuce.

we have another hurricane coming.

here's a north east Mississippi sunset, where the  westernmost foothills of the southern Appalachians begin.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

0260CCDA-DFBB-4127-88F1-D579FFCC991C_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

Just jazz wow that is most unusual about the voting snafu. Glad you got a receipt and letter about the snafu and that only the 2nd ballot would be counted.

not much here. Did chores many of them today. Got both walks in, folded a huge load of laundry,all put away, talked with neighbors on 2nd walk today. I distanced myself didn't have my mask available.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom 

What a hassle on the ballot thing!

We stuck ours in the mailbox and already got confirmation emails that our ballots are received.

So YAY🎉 on that!

444ABC26-0FC3-4748-84B7-A0FD76676D62.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

hey friends.

we got the new light fixture and mirror put up in the bathroom today. we'll start on the cabinets in a couple of days. DH mentioned last night that we might as well go ahead and have the tub insert removed and a new tub put in along with the tile. ( Smiley Happy )

I finally got my flu vaccine. I called Kroger again this morning and they said it just came in. I was there in ten minutes and was the only one waiting for the injection.

if the hurricane stays on the predicted track it looks like it will come directly across Mississippi where we live and also where DD lives. I'm not looking forward to a night of tornado warnings.

it's cotton picking time in the south. here's a Mississippi delta cotton field sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

0071A7FE-9899-42E5-88A4-67B55E6BD109_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

DH and i sent in our ballots on Wednesday, dh stopped at post office Wednesday morn on way to work and walked both envelopes into the post office drop box inside building. 

Not much here today,

did chores, got walk in

have to take 5 slacks to get hemmed by the cleaners (they hem all my slacks), i tried but got so frustrated and upset, i just told dh,they will be going into the hemmers on Thursday. After lunch will drive over.

ok guys it is sunny but cool here, wind out of the north.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle , I hope all is safe your and DD's way..let us hear from you.

@JustJazzmom , we got our mail in ballot yesterday. We'll put in the mail box, hope for the best, as we've always done..

DDA8FC37-7E17-48E7-9EBE-E1A1C688CBFE.jpeg

~H~