Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

not much here today

had a rain shower roll thru a little bit ago, it was so hot and humid today. Real feel of 95. Suppose to be cooler tomorrow.

got my hair cut today. My stylist is so good,she works wonders with the little bit of hair I have left.

got both walks in.

ok guys that is it. Later all

Honored Contributor

Good evening all! Another busy day. Electricians were here to change out the motion detector on a house corner by front porch. It's been there since we had that front porch roofed over. They also changed out the light switch to those on that side of the house. They are now ivory colored switches. I visited the local Home Depot & bought a green splash block to put below a downspout going into the landscape. The rain had created a small rut in the soil. I smoothed out the rut before putting the block down.The green matches the green lattice.

Today I had time & made another half recipe of the Doubletree Hotel chocolate chip cookies. Because of the pandemic, the hotel posted the recipe on the Internet.

Now to get dinner started -- lemon pepper chicken & I'm adding some sliced green peppers to them & reheating the lemon potatoes.

Here's the cookies:

9FBF2215-0DD5-4046-9235-3D00DCE8F209.jpeg 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

hey friends. we went to Lowes Thursday morning and bought drawer and cabinet pulls and cabinet hinges in a brushed nickel finish. Lowes used to have a huge selection of paint colors but now they only have Sherwin-Williams and Valspar, and in a very limited choice of color.  we went to Farrell Calhoun and I found exactly what I was looking for. it's kind of a mocha/au lait type of color with a greyish undertone and the cabinets will be a soft white. we cleaned, patched and primed all day yesterday and painted all day today. we're not finished but we're not in a rush. it will take another day at least.

24CD04BB-2E3B-4C86-B962-F9E418A7624B_1_201_a.jpeg

we talked to the glass person and even using our existing mirror ( resizing slightly and adding a bevelled edge) the price would be a whole lot more than we expected. so, we are just going to retouch the bottom edge that has blackened and re-hang it. when we were taking the mirror off the wall it was a ton heavier than we thought it would be and I couldn't hold it. the edge fell off the wall to the countertop and smashed my hand and it hurt so much I really thought it had broken two of my fingers.  my fingers aren't broken, just bruised and extremely sore. I immediately put my hand into a bowl of ice and water and I think that helped.  I called my brother and he was able to come over and help DH pick the mirror up and move it. He'll come back when we're ready to put it back up. I'm not even going to try.

I'm exhausted.

@JustJazzmom, those cookies! I can't even look at them without drooling Smiley Happy

sending blessings to all.

here's a Pascagoula sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

7CCED0A9-CE1E-4A52-B22D-597477815A07.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , you've had a busy day! I've had those Doubletree Hotel cookies. I've stayed there several times. They are some of the best Ive tasted, and chocolate chip cookies are my favorite. 😋 🍪 I also read today of our local college reporting an outbreak of Covid cases, and they may have to close. It was blamed on parties students attended. I agree, not a surprise.

@viva923, I got my hair cut yesterday. I ended up with a short, layered bob. I'm happy with it!

Good Evening Everyone....we're in for a really hot weekend. Should be over a 100 degrees. My sister said her weather report is over 110! She lives a little over 2 hours from me. @catwhisperer , I'll be thinking of you. You and your kitties stay cool as possible! We have no plans to go anywhere. If we do, it will be early in the day. 

Waving Hi to All and wishing everyone a great weekend...stay safe and well! Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD  Isn't it great to look like a decent person again after getting a haircut? 

@MariotaMurielle  So you are having that part of the mirror resilvered. It's not easy finding a company that does that.

I like the wall paint you chose. 
We chose Benjamin Moore Hazelwood for our main floor bathroom

E38BE496-7547-48FC-88B1-87CE200E18AD.png

and Himalayan Trek for our basement bathroom 

1CFB53B5-A92B-4E4A-BB11-924050843405.jpeg

I started to look at our paint cans & most are marked as to what room it is for. I even found the paint we used for the radiator in the basement lavatory before we converted it to a walk in closet. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom, the the mirror is in good condition except for the very edge at the bottom. Krylon and Rustoleum both make a spray on product to approximate the silver/mirrored look. my brother said he's done it before and will show us, and I watched some YouTube videos today. basically, we just need to scrape off the discolored part with a blade then spray on the product.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD ....I have been having problems logging onto this site as well as hearting posts for days. 

This is going to be a rough weekend weather wise. I'm doing the best I can. I will probably run a bathtub full of cold water and sit in it and pretend I am in a pool.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

Heard about the rough weather west is having right now. in triple digit readings.

today i have house opened up and fans in windows. just giddy with joy, it is not humid and hot, we have had this humid hot weather for months, just would not quit. granted we go back in the garbage come monday just going to enjoy this break.

not much else today. I did take my morn walk. am working on 50% power today, guess I am lazy today.

ok guys later.

Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

This iPad has been acting up so much! I hope I can get through this post without it disappearing. I had a cancer on my nose removed and got the stitches out yesterday and they told me the wound is infected. I'm taking antibiotics that make me so sick to my stomach, even with food. Thank goodness I only need to take them for five days. I know it's supposed to be a super hot weekend for a lot of us. It's supposed to get up to 100* Sunday and Monday here. Then Tuesday, the high will be 37* with snow, all over the state. I hope it won't be too bad for the rest of you. I enjoyed catching up on your posts and recipes! I promise to be better about keeping in touch. (I'm getting a new computer!) Wishing you all safety and good health and blessings. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

As they used to say on Sesame Street, "Me Want Cookie" @JustJazzmom