Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Watching the news this evening, I saw videos of all the damage this storm is causing in some places. Scary! Of course, I thought of those of you in its path. Keeping you all in my prayers that you and all those around you stay safe and protected. Please continue to let us know how you're doing. 🙏

Waving Hi to all our friends and Good Night to All!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! We didn't lose power at all during the mostly wind storm yesterday. But many here on LI are without power and our county executive is PO'd at the poor response our electric company has done. People couldn't get through online.

I just finished filling an entire lawn & leave bag with branches and leaves. Left it by the curb.

Now off to the grocery store for some items.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

I just wanted those of you affected by the storms to know that I am thinking of you all and praying that you all will be safe. 
I just wrote a long post and it said an error has occurred and my post went poof! I hate that. I don't know if it's my iPad or the Q website. Has anyone else had problems?

I'll try again later. 
Catwhisperer, thanks for thinking of me. I hope you and the kitties are staying cool. 
Thinking of you all and sending blessings your way. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

Just got back from the dentist for my regular check up.  So far no problems.  Glad that's over with!  We  went to Target and Frys for a few things.  Thinking of you that are affected by this hurricane.  Hope you're doing well.  BBL

Respected Contributor

hey friends. we had a nice, quiet day.

I was rummaging through the kitchen cabinets this morning to see what we already have that I could turn into a good supper. I found some Knorr Alfredo sauce mix and some rigatoni pasta, and remembered that we had some large gulf shrimp in the freezer. so, even though DH recently told me that the kitchen is not my friend, I made the most delicious shrimp alfredo. even DH thought it was excellent. Smiley Happy

I'm so glad to see that those of you on the east coast made it through the storm. those winds and tornadoes are so scary.

I messaged my primary care doctor to ask what she thought about postponing my ultrasound. she said she thought it would be a good idea to push back all of my upcoming appointments for several months, given the virus situation. so now I don't have anything coming up until January. (yay!)

here's a Natchez sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

4EE7E637-E016-4143-B081-5734B9431E78_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielleWe did our annual physicals about 2 months late this year but waited till the virus cases were much lower.

I did an entire lawn and leaf bag of storm debris and its at the curb. I don't care if it sits till next week when recycle stuff gets taken. The lawn crew came today right after I was done and blew off all the remaining smaller branches and leaves off and now my yard looks like nothing occured. I also did some light pruning of our front pink dogwood just to shape it so that no one would brush against it if walking up our pathways to the house. Tomorrow I will do some light pruning of our backyard magnolia. Probably fill another lawn and leaf bag.

A huge swamp maple is blocking the main street entrance through our development from having fallen yesterday with the winds and it picked up a sidewalk square too. Maybe by tomorrow the tree will be removed. I saw the town workers removing a tree from one of the roads off of our road today when I got back from the supermarket.

The sesame noodles with the cucumbers was good but of course DH would have preferred some chicken in the dish too.

I definitely will make it again.

I saw on FB from my former hometown a lot of old trees that blew over and into some people's homes from the utility strip. Those trees should have been removed years ago as they were too large for the strip. You can see in the photos how undeveloped or spread out their root systems were.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey guys

just a super busy day for me, lazy too

from what i understand 3 tornadoes hit the town where I live yesterday. The big wigs (state gov and so forth) were touring the destruction. From what i understand new houses--townhouses some being built some people where living in exploded like toys. Electric slowly coming back on for some. 

Not much else later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much going on here.

did many chores today, including ones for tomorrow. i have a major doctor check tomorrow at 11am i want to prepare myself without worry for this appoint.

had a really poweful electircal storm this morn. it really packed a huge punch. last near 1.5 hours.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

weather service did confirm it was an EF 1 tornado it was on the ground for near 30 miles.

not much else guys, see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Good Morning, our DS came by yesterday to do some yard work for us and help plant a few things in our raised planter. We talk to him often, but hadn't seen him for a while, so needless to say, it made our day. The weather here has cooled down and is so pleasant to be outdoors, we stayed safe and visited in our backyard. Today, we're going to take a drive and may stop at a nursery we like to pick up plant food and a couple other things we need. I'm so glad to read the weather has finally settled down for some of you and you had little or no damage. @viva923 , a tornado...yikes! @snardy , I'm still having trouble with my IPad. So good to hear from you.💕  

My DH just got back from his walk with Max, so I need to go. I'll try and check back later to see what everyone's up to. I know every community is different, but please continue to do your best to stay safe and well..

Waving Hi to Everyone!

~H~