Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

hey all

not much going on with me today.

did wednesday chores 

got walk in

did run 2 errands close to the house today.

it is heat hot but humidity is WAY down, almost comfortable outside, tomorrow humidity is suppose to be super high again.

got afternoon walk in right at 2pm. 

Not much else.

later guys

Honored Contributor

rhey all

not much going on here.

my new walkers have to go back, by end of day my foot is swollen from all my walking the big toe rubs the tip of the shoe and boy does that hurt. Half size longer is all i ask. Friday dh has to call the owner of the store and he will tell us when he can fit us in for a refit. will probably have to eat the wrong size shoe and return the unworn pair for half size longer.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @viva923 @JustJazzmom @catwhisperer @catwhisperer @MariotaMurielle 

60A04358-8E02-42C8-AF5D-BB43529E9199.jpeg

@SleeplessinSD 

I volunteered to participate in a radio interview concerning LDN (I am taking an "off-label" minute amount by RX.) The program is for LDN.ORG which is hone-based in the UK. 

There is a FaceBook group in which I participate (used to be a regular there). The moderator asked for volunteers so I did!

The ladie's name is Linda Elsegood and she is the founder of the .ORG. I was so very glad that she guided me through....I have never done this before!

It went smoothly.❤️

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hey y'all. nothing exciting going on around here at the moment.

DH's doctor told him a couple of weeks ago during their phone visit that he needed to lose 10 lbs. he rarely eats salads, so in his attempt to lose the weight he has eaten a salad almost every evening since she told him that. today, while we were discussing ideas for supper tonight he announced that he has had his fill of salads for a while, and I looked up to see him hopping across the room like a bunny.

taylor swift dancing GIF 

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

dental appoint today my normal 6 month check. Had to answer/sign many questions before i even walked in the door. Air was running I couldn't wear a mask during clean/check so hope all is OK.

it is ultra heat hot and humid today. Wilting weather today.

not much else going on, later guys

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariotaMurielle ....Cat LOL

Salads are not necessarily "healthy" if topped with high sodium, sugar laden bottled salad dressings, which many dressings have in them.

Will your DH eat steamed veges or roasted veges? As long as they aren't swimming in butter and doused with salt, they can be a very healthy option.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Good evening!

It wasn't as hot as it was at the beginning of the week. One of my Ulta items arrived today -- NARS Orgasm X triplet compact -- highlighter, Orgasm blush & Orgasm X blush. I am awaiting, hopefully tomorrow the free NARS gift. I may stick it in the fridge so it doesn't break (lipstick). The excessive heat isn't good for certain cosmetics. I tried out tonight the new Orgasm X blush & it looked nice with my skin tones. It's a little darker than their Orgasm blush. I have a slight tan, so it was visible on me. If I didn't have a tan, I would have to use a lighter hand with a brush. 

I did a chicken thigh stir fry today for dinner with green & red pepper strips, 1 sliced onion & added dehydrated minced garlic, powdered ginger & sesame seeds over it while it cooked in the stir fry sauce. 

I had to visit 2 supermarkets for the sliced mango I will need on Saturday to make a mango salsa for thin pork chops.  I have the other ingredients. It calls for a seeded jalapeño, but I will use a tablespoon of Chi Chi's green chilies in it. Green chilies are similar to jalapeños. 

The sprinkler people will arrive tomorrow AM to switch out the rain sensor on our sprinkler system. Today I watered the front lawn after 4 PM. We are expecting some T storms overnight. 

Yesterday the universal light bulb changer on an expandable pole  I bought at Home Depot worked very well at changing out a floodlight on an eave. It was nice not to use a ladder! 

Have a good night!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD ....not hearing too much from you lately. Are things okay with you and your family?

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Venting....why do people say, "I'm here for you, call me any time", yet if I call them, they don't answer the phone or call me back? If you don't want to talk to me, don't tell me to call any time. I don't understand. Can anyone explain why people do that? 

Edited to add that my UPS guy checks on me on a regular basis, which is more than anyone else does. SMH.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer , thank you...I'm OK. I've been dealing with family issues the last few days. I talked with my SIL. Actually, I mostly listened to her cry how much she missed my brother. That was hard, but I relate and understand. She's not doing well. On top of her other serious health issues, she found out she's anemic and having some kidney problems. I talked to my niece, who visits as often as she can. She says she's not eating or taking care of herself. She misses everyone. My sister, who doesn't live far from her, may plan a visit. It will be outdoors and as safe as can be. We also all decided we would not have a Christmas gathering this year. Makes me sad even though, I know it's the right thing to do...

I have no explanation for people that, at the very least, don't return phone calls. I'm sorry you're dealing with that. Are you keeping cool? It was hot today. We just came in from outdoors. Thank goodness, it's cooled off some...

~H~