Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good night! We only got according to the backyard rain gauge 2" of rain. There were a lot of magnolia leaves on the ground from the wind. 

I visited a Hallmark store for their ornament premiere. Due to Covid, not all of the ornaments were showcased. I was able to get 3, order 2 that their particular warehouse had & then ordered 2 more from Hallmark.com. Both places have already shipped the ornaments!

The supermarket was busy today with a line to get in. It was close to 90* out today. 

When I got home I placed another curbside order for some liquor. Fortunately, the order was available for pickup 2 hours after placing it. 

We had the rest of our pork loin with the honey sage dressing & I made more of the cabbage/apple/fennel slaw. 

Now I'm watching the romantic comedy 'Love in the Afternoon' that I recorded several weeks ago. 

DH heard the dialogue & said: 'Chick Flick'! Woman Happy

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

did get more chores done this morn

busy week this week so i got chores done that are normally done during the week, less for me to mess with since i got appoint's this week and other stuff going on.

later guys

Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here. Just doing my check in, got afternoon walk in. Catching up on my dvr'ed programs. Am on Laverne and Shirley now.

ok guys later

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching Hallmark Christmas movies all weekend, several I've never seen before.

I hope everyone is doing well.

here's a Mississippi farm sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

B20563B4-7BCE-49CC-94F1-983FFE079B13_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

We're having a heat wave out here. We did spend some time in our back yard in the morning and had dinner in our patio when the sun started going down. My DH put a light in our fountain that I ordered from Amazon. It changes colors and we have it on a timer. Looks really pretty at night! I hope everyone had a good weekend and keeping safe and well..

8C72ECD8-079B-45ED-86D9-4509A0775C57.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

appoints done for the day 

more tomorrow,more friday

toilet broke (flusher valve),dh fixed it.

did chores

shredded my bin of paperwork I keep when box gets full shredder time.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Good evening! Had a busy day-- laundry folded, made appt, to service heating system in 2 weeks & did a dinner with chicken & potatoes. 

I had bought baby Yukon Gold potatoes, boiled them, refrigerated them. And heated sesame seeds, cumin seeds & mustard seeds in vegetable oil in a skillet. I then cut the potatoes into 1" pieces & cooked them on medium heat with the seeds. I added 2 Tbsps. lemon juice to the mixture as well. This was a Madjur Jaffrey recipe called Til Ke Aloo.

The chicken was a new recipe I was trying out. A NYT recipe using Dijon mustard, panko crumbs, dried parsley, tarragon & minced garlic with salt & pepper to taste. 

Both recipes turned out great for dinner. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Good Evening, as you may have heard, our governor today rolled back openings of churches, salons, indoor dining, bars, gyms, etc. and also schools here opening in the Fall. Online school instruction will continue. Stay at home orders were not given, but they may as well have. I'm just glad I got my haircut, lol! It really doesn't affect DH and me very much. We pretty much stay home most of the time anyway.  Hopefully, others will comply, so we can get back to normal (whatever that is) soon. I do wish the powers that be would get on the same page too.  So much misinformation and contradictory messages going around..it's no wonder so many are not taking things seriously. 

I hope everyone had a good day and wishing you all a safe, healthy and happy week. Good Night!

~H~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD ....I don't even know what to say other than this is one insane mess. Not to mention the poor air quality we are dealing with right now on top of it.Cat Mad

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD   The way things are going in Arizona we aren't too far behind.  Along with others, I think the Governor opened the state too soon and alot of people are not complying.  We'll see what happens.  I better get another haircut real soon. LOL.