Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Morning Everyone, I slept a little later than usual (yay!) and getting ready to make us some breakfast. Not much happening today. We do need to pick up some prescriptions and run a couple errands. @MariotaMurielle , I thought I read yesterday you were having some bad weather your way. I hope all goes well with your DH's test results. Sorry about the tomatoes. I had such good luck growing them a couple years ago. @JustJazzmom , DH started watching the Perry Mason series. I haven't. I enjoyed the original back in the day.

Waving Hi and thinking of Katte, RetRN, Auntg, Hayfield, LTTI, Snardy, Catwhisperer, Viva and Everyone. Please, if your area is easing restrictions and opening up, do all possible to stay safe and well. Our DS just let us know he's seeing a big increase in patients testing positive and hospitalizations. Our nephew who works in the ER said the same to my sister. BBL....

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning! Thanks for that info @SleeplessinSD . Here in NY we are all masked up by us & no one is without one if doing errands. Still unable to find the N95 masks, but now I see supermarkets are selling disposable masks.  I got a new battery for a watch I usually wear on Tuesday & see that an occasional watch I wear with rose gold band needs a battery too. 

I'll go back maybe next week when I do a grocery run as it is in the same vicinity. 

Awaiting a phone call from eyeglass place for my new Rx for my sunglasses. Since they sit in the car & I use when driving, it's not a big priority. The current Rx is 2 Rx's ago so this is needed. 

Yesterday I deadheaded roses, did some light weeding & transplanted 2 daylilies that had heaved out of our lamppost planter. Their roots were exposed, yet one has a bud on it! 

Today I feed the roses & maybe feed the vegetables I am growing with fertilizer & Epsom salts. Last night we got rain & thunder. This PM might be a repeat weather wise -- it's in the 80's here. 

I am also trying out a new recipe -- a cabbage slaw that has shaved fennel & an apple using apple cider vinegar with other spices to have for the 4th. I want the flavors to blend a day or two before. I bought fresh corn & yesterday did an herbed butter with crumbled feta & fresh cilantro leaves. The recipe looked goid & I used a half stick of butter instead of a whole stick. It's in a small glass 1/4 Cup bowl in our fridge now.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD.....I listen to the governor at noon every day and the county supervisors at 2:30 to keep up on what is happening. I had a feeling that when they opened up the bars and restaurants, things would go sideways quickly, and they did.

I got my hair cut this week and have been stocking up on paper products in case everything shuts down again. I hope it doesn't happen, but things are changing daily, so I'm trying to prepare ahead of time just in case.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

Here are the 2 recipes I mentioned below:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/recipes/apple-fennel-slaw/17516/

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1021198-grilled-corn-with-jalapeno-feta-butter

I used jalapeno chile pepper powder (about 1/4 Tsp). for two servings of corn.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom , your dinner sounds delicious..thank you for sharing the recopes!

@catwhisperer , we listen to the governor every day too. DH said today he thinks we'll be shutting down again soon. People, some, are not self distancing and not wearing masks!! Things are getting worse every day it seems. We're pretty well stocked with essentials right now. We even found some Lysol, the last bottle, at Rite Aid today!

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

the governor closed up bars, restaurants around my state begin friday 3 July till further notice because of increase of covid cases. I have yet to go out and eat anywhere. Highlight of the week is maybe going to a grocery store with dh. 

Not much else tonight guys, tomorrow all

Esteemed Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, we had some major thunderstorms this afternoon and tons of rain. I think it's supposed to rain every day for the next week.

@catwhispererand @viva923 , our governor was having daily virus updates but I don't know if he's still doing it. when I have the TV on, it's on HGTV or Hallmark or some other channel that isn't interrupted by local stuff. I've only watched the news 3 or 4 times over the last couple of months. that's done a lot to decrease my anxiety level about all the horrendous things that are happening in this country. I do get daily email updates from the state health department, so I'm keeping up with the status of the virus outbreak.

sending big blessings to all our friends here.

I don't know the person in the photo below, but she posted this on FB and I thought she looked so cute showing off her pretty little garden in Vicksburg.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

75BC9EA6-F423-4472-A215-C9726B9B6998_1_201_a.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

HEY ALL

well had an interesting day. Spent 1.5 hours in ER. I trimmed to close and mangled my right big toe. The gouge was to large for stitches so the doctor put on a coagulation disc onto the toe to stop the bleeding. I did this about 10ish this morn and the oozing was getting worse instead of better so dh drove me to ER. He was able to stay with me. On foot rest which isn't easy for me, still have work to do. No foot bathing till Sunday night. Put a bag on the foot so I could take a shower tonight and  darn the  garbage bag leaked and dh had to go out and get gauze wrap to redo the entire foot.

that has been my day. Ugh !!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@viva923, ouch!

maybe an ice pack would help, and elevating that foot.

take care of yourself!

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923 , oh no! What were you using to trim with? No matter, that sounds so painful. I know how hard it is for you to stay down, but @MariotaMurielle gave some great advice and please give it time to heal. You dont want it to get worse. Im so sorry....

My sister has a fun night planned. She has nine grandchildren, several in grade school and others in high school. She misses them and has only seen them through FaceTime and Zoom. All the kids are very close and haven't been able to get together for quite a while, as well.  She lives on a big lot with a huge backyard, so with the help of her son in law, they set up chairs (at least six feet apart) and a huge screen and will all be getting together to watch Hamilton. The kids are so excited, and so is my sister. Everyone will enter through her side gate and they will all also wear masks. Sounds like so much fun. It will just be me and DH tomorrow. The weather is beautiful, a little warm, so we've decided to barbeque steaks. In the past, we've been able to watch fireworks from our backyard, but I haven't heard if they'll do that this year. I hope everyone has a safe, happy, healthy day/weekend whatever your plans....

93F050B3-D889-4337-9485-52AFE8763B42.jpeg

~H~