Respected Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD...honestly, I don't know what the answer is. I have never bought the "My Pillow" due to too many mixed reviews. 

The expensive pillows I have been using were causing me to wake up every hour, tossing and turning, coughing. Perhaps restricting my breathing? I don't know. All I do know is that the Beautyrest pillows I now have are not causing any of those issues. Time will tell. Beats the alternative of my doctor pushing medication, which I refuse.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@catwhisperer, I wish pillows were my problem! like @SleeplessinSD , I've bought probably every kind of pillow made. expensive. cheap. memory foam, down, cotton, feather. even buckwheat husk Smiley Happy . now I have My Pillow pillows that are very comfortable for me (DH hates them, and has his own favorites). and I like that I can put them in the washer & dryer.

and it's not our mattress, because it's very comfortable.

no....it's my brain. it won't quit. it's like a TV that you can't turn off no matter how many buttons you push..

I've tried all kinds of relaxation techniques before bed. reading. not reading. music. ocean sounds. no computer. breathing exercises. warm milk. calcium supplements. magnesium supplements (which actually do help a little bit).

finally, I gave in and asked my doctor for a prescription.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good morning. I've bought the Extra Firm or is it Firm ones by Wamsutta from Bed Bath & Beyond. I've read that pillows should be replaced yearly as they flatten out over time. 

Fortunately, I have no problems falling & staying asleep. DH uses a C Pap machine so uses Ambien to fall off to sleep. It was difficult for him to get used to the face mask so the Rx was given to him. 

We got hot weather here. All that rain was in CT & MA & my DIL's Mom's Town in MA got hit with about 5" of rain in addition to a water main break by the hospital area. They were fine.

We got to read a bedtime story over Zoom last night to our GS. He was very talkative pointing out the various trucks in the stories. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@MariotaMurielle...when my sister was my age, she could not sleep. She would be up all night. She tried melatonin, but that didn't work. Her doctor put her on sleeping pills. Her system built up a tolerance and she needed more and more in order to sleep. When the doctor would not give her more pills, she became very irritable. That scares me.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

it has been a whirlwind day for me. dh is home from work (day off) this appoint,that appoint who knows what else is going on.

just now catching up somewhat.

OK guys later.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer  I'm one of those people who use the word hope when talking and writing to people. It's usually along the lines of "I hope you are feeling better." I'll remember your advice when it comes to someone who has experienced a loss of a loved one.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@catwhisperer  I'm one of those people who use the word hope when talking and writing to people. It's usually along the lines of "I hope you are feeling better." I'll remember your advice when it comes to someone who has experienced a loss of a loved one.

Hi @AuntG .....there are no right or wrong rules on what to say to people. Maybe I am just super sensitive. I have lost both sets of grandparents, both parents, both my siblings, my only child, and now my DH. Losing him has by far been the hardest for me to deal with.

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @catwhisperer @AuntG @viva923 @JustJazzmom 

1695DDF2-45E6-4767-8450-4172C31AB19B.png

@catwhisperer 

I need to make note of the pillows you like! My favorite is yes, very flat! And not because I like it flat, either!

I have had difficulty finding a replacement.

Shorelady was always a very lovely poster.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom 

My dearly departed MIL, who didn't have a mean bone in her body, told me that it is important to say SOMETHING, even if it is the wrong thing. 
'She said just think how the person would feel if nobody said anything.

Tomorrow is "new stylist/color hair day! Excitement!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hey all

just put one of the left over i had into the toaster oven.

watching an old who dun it movie. Edmond Lowe is the star 1937. So far it is a good one, first time i have seen it.

dh is on his way home from his car oil change. We forgot about his 7am booked appoint.

ok guys later