Respected Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

D7BB0E47-29F1-4FF5-870B-23F95B88A6AC.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Rioting, fires, and looting going on in my neighborhood. Very sad and scary.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer, the riots throughout major US cities are indeed frightening.

They were supposed to be peaceful, but instead are filled with violence. They ignore the curfews, destroy property, and injure law enforcement workers and others. The mayors and governors in some places are inept which isn't helping. Some of the business owners have worked all of their lives and now have nothing. It is really sad.

Honored Contributor

hey all

there was riot  so called peacefull demo here in my state yesterday. they walked onto I 95 which is a major North south 10 lane highway in some spots closed it down and damaged people's car.

not to much here today. lazy day. to lazy to hang out, so have clothes ready to fold in the dryer.

have whole house opened up, very delightful and comfortable. a cool breeze and sunny

ok guys later

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much now, just doing a check in

have my dinner reheating  in steam oven.

ok guys later

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone

Today was an errand day for us.  We went to Walmart to get a few things, including dog food.  Sorry to say a lot of people have stopped wearing masks.  We also went to Petsmart for more dog food and then to Ulta to check on some makeup I needed, but was disappointed that they were out of my shade.  I'll check back in a week or so.  I also went to Sally's Beauty Supply.  They were out of the mousse I use, but they did have the Hemp lotion I like for dry skin.  I assume like a lot of other stores they are having problems with their orders and receiving them on time.  It's another hot day, but a little breezy.  Hope everyone is enjoying there Sunday.

Honored Contributor

hey all

not to much here today.

steps half done. guy is painting front steps they take longer,the wood slats on railing sides have to paint them individually. dh picked a nice color not brown but not a red, a nice mix of both colors.

ok guys walk time is coming. later

Honored Contributor

Today did some food shopping & visited another Home Depot to look for pine nugget mulch. None available at that Depot either! 

I came home & put groceries away. Then I went outside to do some weeding under our newest tree -- a 4' high cherry tree. In the midst of it a robin flew out. 

I looked closer & there was a robin's nest in the crotch of the tree! I moved a branch aside & there were 2 baby robins inside. They must have been recently hatched as they had downy feathers & their eyes were closed. Mama & Papa robin both chirped at me as I attempted a photo of the nest. For my trouble I left a handful of blueberries at the base of the tree. 

I didn't get a clear photo of the interior. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Today did some food shopping & visited another Home Depot to look for pine nugget mulch. None available at that Depot either! 

I came home & put groceries away. Then I went outside to do some weeding under our newest tree -- a 4' high cherry tree. In the midst of it a robin flew out. 

I looked closer & there was a robin's nest in the crotch of the tree! I moved a branch aside & there were 2 baby robins inside. They must have been recently hatched as they had downy feathers & their eyes were closed. Mama & Papa robin both chirped at me as I attempted a photo of the nest. For my trouble I left a handful of blueberries at the base of the tree. 

I didn't get a clear photo

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @JustJazzmom @viva923 @katte @RetRN 

Waving hi and Happy Tuesday!

BBL 💞

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~