Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

@Hayfield  You wear the mask out of respect for others. To protect those who might be immunocompromised or elderly or with pre-existing conditions or who is a caretaker for someone who is in the high risk group. 

Many who have Covid are showing NO Symptoms & are asymptomatic. 

You wear the mask to keep your germs to yourself & not spread them to people. 

Yes, it's an inconvenience, but I'd rather be inconvenienced than dead.

I know 2 people both physicians who have had it & recovered. Both said: you don't want this disease!

One friend of mine has had 3 of her friends DIE from this -- 2 were without pre-existing conditions & 1 of them was in their 40's not 60's.

When you go out, a person should go with the idea, that all of us are infected. Wear the mask.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield , so nice to see your post. We've missed you! Happy 42nd Anniversary to you and your DH. Have a great time celebrating! 🥂 🍾 

~H~
Respected Contributor

Just Jazz Mom--I know that this virus is serious and I do wear the mask, so please don't lecture me about it, I'm allowed to vent my feelings about it,  everything you said I've heard over and over and over again.  Since this started I've lost 3 close people in my life and not to this virus but to cancer, dementia and heart failure, those loses were just as devasting, people die everyday.    I also know that you would be more sensitive to this since you're in NY, so is my son, so again, please don't lecture me.  It was really rude of you.  I live in an area where the virus isn't as bad, out of of county of over 140,000 people 80 people have gotten it 60 recoved and 2 have died, I do pay attention.  Most likely in my area more people of died of something other than this virus.  

Honored Contributor

Please don't be complacent. That's all I'm going to say.

Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom, I truly appreciated your post and feel the same way. It is not all about me, I respect and care about others as well. I worked in health care for 40 years and understand the danger a virus can cause. Yes, a mask can be uncomfortable and inconvenient but health care providers must wear them for hours. If we don't follow the guidelines this will go on much longer than necessary. 

I know many posters here are 65 or older and have underlying health conditions. I want them to be around for a long time. 

Honored Contributor

hey all

just a quick check in.

I wear a mask when I am out in the public shopping arena. When I walk i am alone by myself and don't talk to anyone (no one is out or around), so I don't wear a mask.

very sunny and warm today. Did chores and got both walks in.

made tomatoey steak serving it over white rice.

ok guys later.

my state is opening 1 June churches included.  

Honored Contributor

@viva923  That sounds a lot like pizzaiola recipe I make with eye round steak slices. 

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom...I don't come to these boards much anymore because they just increase my anxiety level, and the posts I just read are a prime example. 

I am appalled that a certain poster referred to you as being rude. Thank you for stepping up and telling it like it is. There are many posters on these boards who feel they are so privileged, special, and better than everyone else and that the rules don't apply to them. Following rules are a huge inconvenience to them, even if it is a life or death situation.

I have no use for people like that and can't even stand reading their arrogant posts. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here tonight

just stopping in to say good night. 

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  Went out last night and had a wonderful anniversary dinner with our friends.  We had a lovely view of where the boats dock before heading out to the intercoastal waterway, they were some big boats.  The staff restaurant were so happy to be working again.  We sat outside it was such a beautful night!  

Catwhisperer & JJM--You need to reread my post I never, ever said that I didn't wear the mask, I said I hated to wear it but I do wear it!!! You both really need to stop being so judgemental.  I thought this was a safe place to vent but obviously it isn't.  You are both rude as far as I'm concerned and that's really sad to me.  I don't think I'm above anyone or better than anyone, by  just saying I hate to wear a mask even though I wear one ?!?!?!