Respected Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Morning!  I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day.  My friend's husband got a reservation at a restaurant that was open for "outdoor dining" and asked if we wanted to join them for Mother's Day dinner and we, of course, said "yes!".  We had to drive to South Carolina but it was just over the border and only an hour's drive and it was a beautiful day and we had our first restaurant dinner since March 17th and it was wonderful!  I posted a few pictures on facebook, so some of you can see them.  My friend and I had a before dinner cocktail and then champange with dinner, we were celebrating!  We came back to our house and had dessert and sat by the fire pit!  It was a lovely evening.  We've been using the fire pit a lot, it's been exceptionally cool, so far, but I know our days are numbered using the fire pit, it will soon get "too hot" to use it.  I'm having the neighborhood ladies over for a "ladies only" fire pit night this week.

Honored Contributor

hey all

hayfield

so glad you got a trip and good food (I hope) that you didn't have to make.

not much today. as usual, monday chores, walk done, clothes in dryer.

not much else guys. later.

Respected Contributor

Katte--I was so happy to hear that you didn't need your procedure afterall, that is good news!

JJM--It's nice that you got to Zoom with your kids.  I'm sure you miss seeing your grandson.  Our neighbor's son came with his family and children for Mothers Day, they live about 5 hours away.  I haven't talked to my neighbor but I'm sure she was so happy to see them. 

MM--Since my two children went off to college I rarely see them for birthdays or things like Mother's Day or Father's Day.  I did see DD more since she lived nearby but not so much since we moved.  I don't know when I'll see DS again since he's in NYC.  I only saw him 2-3 times a year before but I most likely won't see him until Xmas, I hope I see him then!  That's what's hard, not be able to see them, it's not our choice and that's what's driving me crazy.  Things are starting to open up more down here, and I don't know what's going to happen as it does, I just hope they don't close it back up again.  

Respected Contributor

Viva--No, we didn't have to cook, the restaurant did the cooking, serving and cleaning up!  

LLT1--Are things starting to open up in PA?  I know that the furniture stores are open now and I was thinking of you since you mentioned needed new furniture.  I'm now in the process of looking for solar shades for the screen porch.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

good morning y'all. it is a gloriously beautiful morning here and it's not supposed to be hot today so I'm planning to get out and do some gardening.

the weekend was really pretty too. but since my DD, DH and I are all in what is considered a high risk group as far as exposure to the C virus, we decided not to get together. it was sad that we couldn't see our DD, but it is for the best right now.

one of the couples we've known forever and used to get together with almost every month have asked us to come over for dinner at their house a few times recently. but they have a large family who have all been coming to their house on a regular basis and I really don't think it's a good idea for us to be around people who are constantly in contact with a lot of other people right now. I guess I'm being over-cautious but I would rather be over cautious than not cautious enough, considering how contagious this virus is.

my stepmother has been in the hospital since last Friday.

she's pretty sick (not C virus related) and not doing well. but even at 98 years old, she's a tough lady and she could surprise everyone and come out of this.

oh! I'm so excited...we think the neighbors-from-he!! have moved out. now, if someone would just burn that place down I would really be happy. y'all just don't know.

I didn't really mean that.

yes I did Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

dh talked with his mom yesterday, i believe she is 96. She is in an assisted care facility in the southern part of the U.S..

watching another one of my John Wayne movies. Know the script by heart but it is a good movie.

not much else later guys

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HI EVERYONE

Today our refrigerator has decided to act up.  The freezer is out and it's not cooling like it should.  I think it has bit the dust.  The repair guy is coming this afternoon.  We have a Kenmore Elite and have had it close to 10 years.  We went looking at refrigerators at Lowes and Home Depot.  We looked at LG and GE.  Lowes carried GE at a much lower price.  Haven't decided as yet.  We might not need one, we'll find out in a bit.  Do any  of you have a GE or LG and how do you like them.   Also my computer broke today.  I was thinking about getting a chrome book, but don't know much about them.  IT'S BEEN JINXED MONDAY!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@katte, I don't think appliances are made to last like they used to. I read somewhere that most large appliances, like washers & dryers and refrigerators, can only be expected to last about 10 years now, where they used to last 25 or 30 years.

DH saw the neighbors-from-hhe!! today when he was out in the yard so he went over and spoke to them. there's a woman in her 50s, her 20-something year old daughter and her baby, and the boyfriend of the girl. the woman told DH that the boyfriend was arguing with her daughter a couple of nights ago and pulled a knife on her. they called the police and the guy was arrested. this guy is someone DH arrested several times when the guy was a juvenile, for drugs and fighting. unfortunately, the guy's grandparents own the house, so I expect he may be back when he gets out of jail. I really hope not. there were a lot issues with him when he lived there before the girlfriend and her mother moved in.

I got my entire front garden weeded and mulched today and I am exhausted. I think I need one more bag of mulch and it will be done. it looks so much better.

here's a Natchez sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

783E5EC9-763F-41BF-AD4F-CEE3DDCAFF59.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

Good Evening Friends,

@MariotaMurielle , I hope your neighbors leave and stay gone. Scary! I'm sorry to hear about your stepmother. I hope she'll pull through. We feel the same about getting together with loved ones and friends right now. I honestly don't know when I'll feel OK about it as hard as it is..

@katte , I agree with @MariotaMurielle  about appliances. When DH and I first got married, many years ago, they lasted forever. Good luck on finding something g you like. I usually will google top ratings. So happy to hear your procedure was cancelled and you're OK...

@Hayfield , sounds like you had a great Mother's Day! We had to replace our firepit recently and found a nice one at Costco. We also use ours a lot and just like looking at it lit. Enjoy and have fun with your friends on your ladies only night!😊

@snardy , we are hoping to celebrate one of our nephew's high school graduation, and our niece who is a teacher getting her Master's once it's safe and things are better. It's depressing, at times, not knowing when that will be. Are you still doing your virtual book club? I'm thinking of you and hope you're staying well💕....

Waving Hi to RetRN, Auntg. LTT1, JustJazzMom, Catwhisperer, Viva and Everyone. We made the best of things yesterday and celebrated as best we could. The weather here has been nice, a little cool and overcast at times. We have gone on a couple long drives, once to the ocean near our son's house. We went to see the bioluminescent waves we heard were lighting up the beaches after dark. So many people had the same idea. It was beautiful but too crowded to stay long. Nothing much else exciting going on. I hope everyone has a happy, healthy week ahead....

522BDE66-6651-4256-9945-996184BCC1E5.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@katte, sorry about your refrigerator, is it up and running or will it need to be replaced? The quality isn't what it used to be and the prices have really gone up.

@MariotaMurielle, it is really sad how one household can ruin a neighborhood. In my development of 23 homes, 22 are fine but we have that one who we all wish would move out.

We set a new record this morning, the temp was only 26 degrees. Next Tuesday is supposed to be 80. Seems like everything is strange this year, and not in a good way.