Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

@MariotaMurielle 

These are pretty much what I got...

7BE73EB4-143E-465B-A016-2275811DE888.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hey all

it is wet today but so far it is that misty light rain, not to cold or windy. got away with my shoes on my walk this morn.

not much else is going on. did chores,walk in,clothes folded, will try to check in later.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1I have seen those in the supermarket and they make a veggie one too which I have eaten. I really like sweet potato fries and I think Alexia makes them and are in the frozen food aisle.

A light rainy day here and I still have to bring in the newspapers. I'm glad I got around to doing the fertilizing of the remaining shrubs and perennials in our garden yesterday.

I saw on WAPO that IKEA released their Swedish meatball recipe to the public. But it is in grams and using Centigrade numbers. WAPO goofed on the conversions for the sauce using more flour to butter instead of 3 Tbsps each and they goofed on the oven time. 180*C should be 356* F (round down to 350*) not the 400*F they wrote. Plus they used much more beef broth than the IKEA recipe calls for. It should be 5 Ozs. not 1 1/4 Cup's worth. WAPO has you making 2" diameter meatballs instead of smaller (IMHO) that they should be (1" diameter).

If you google the IKEA meatball recipe, you can find both recipes. If I had the pork and heavy cream I would make it. Maybe on my next foray to the supermarket! Woman LOL

Nothing much going on here, trying to catch up on local newspaper -- I'm up to Saturday! Woman Happy

Going to make waffles for dinner tonight with breakfast sausage. That will be a change.

Everyone: Heart

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today.

watching a Bowery boys movie. They are cute movies.

began raining heavier on my afternoon walk. Still dreary and very wet.

that is all for today, see all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

Good Evening Friends,

@viva923 , I grew up watching all the old Westerns with my Dad. I remember Hop A Long Cassidy..such happy memories! 

@JustJazzmom , thank you for the Thai Pasta Salad recipe. I think we'd like it. I've never made Swedish Meatballs that I remember...I'll check it out!

@LTT1 , like @JustJazzmom , I've only had sweet potato fries..yum! Yep! Enjoy your naughty treat..who cares?!😉

@catwhisperer , my older sister and her husband have the Meals on Wheels deliver and say they're filling and good. Thinking of you..((hugs))💕

@snardy , we're so much alike! I find myself asking my DH what day it is lately too. Sounds like you've been keeping busy cleaning. I need to get back on track doing that. I just haven't had the energy lately. I always notice when you haven't posted too...I ❤️  you, dear friend!

@katte , my DGS told me parts of AZ would be opening up. He lives in Gilbert. Like you, as much as I dislike the staying home order,it will be a while before I feel safe to go out s before. I'll also continue to take precautions..

@MM, I couldn't get your name up, I don't know why. Anyway, I hope your tomatoes survive. If not, I'd start all over...why not?

we've had really warm weather out here. We still haven't turned on our AC, because it cools off somewhat at night. We also have ceiling fans all over our house which helps. I hope everyone is staying well. Our State has loosened up a  little, although with restrictions. We keep doing our part and just try and stay safe as best we can. Wishing all our friends a happy, healthy week ahead...😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

Sleep, i remember saturday afternoon at the movies. my dad to get rid of the 4 kids would give us money and we would go see the saturday afternoon matinee with 4 westerns, cartoons, popcorn,hard candy,cokes. so good for a couple of bucks each.

it is cold,wet,damp, chilly, dreary day, did chores,got walk in.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

a fly by to see what is up.

not much here. Have to run and get mail. Not much else. Later guys

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD 

hi!

The burger place called "Red Robin" is very close to where we live now. We have ordered from them twice. The first time we also ordered Zucchini Fries. 
They are YUM.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1  I liked Red Robin when our kids were growing up. I would take them to lunch (before they were in preschool) & order the steamed vegetables with dipping sauce for the table. Haven't been there in years. 

Had a quiet day, defrosted a small portion of a pork loin for tomorrow & did a load of wash & emptied the DW. Exciting stuff!

I found out our washing machine flashes on the dashboard when the tub needs the Affresh pod put to a special wash after 30 washes. I spoke with a Maytag Rep  & he told me after the 30th wash is completed the Affresh designation flashes on the machine when you lift the lid to pull out your clothes. It will continue to flash until the machine reaches 40 washes & then the light remains on. You have to move the dial to the Affresh designation & touchscreen for an extra rinse. The water level rises higher in the tub than a normal wash. After that is done, you need to do a 2nd wash called extra rinse (using the dial & the touchscreen) I guess to remove any residue on the tub before you resume normal washes again. It might stain your clothes if you don't use that extra rinse wash. 

I wrote that info in the directions in the manual because it doesn't mention this at all. 

Leftovers tonight with a 'Sidecar' drink. 

Have a great rest of the day.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

Justjazz, i do Affresh wash monthly in my front loader. I just do it. I do it at the end of every month just easier for me to remember

watching a jimmy durante,Phil silvers movie now, funny movie

ok guys tomorrow