Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good Morning Friends! 

56C660F2-D3D2-4A26-85B9-1896797DE934.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

house fire across street from me, it was a small kitchen fire but renovations will have to be done. 

chores done

walk in

that is all will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! 

Central A/C technician came by in AM to do annual maintenance. Electrostatic filter was cleaned. So the system is all set to go. 

Tonight it's leftover marinara sauce with pasta & a salad. 

Hanging out at home.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I texted my DD this morning, thinking she was at work. (she can't have phone calls unless it's an emergency). she told me she is at home on quarantine orders from her neurologist, and has been since Monday of last week,  the day of her infusion. of course she knew that would freak me out, thinking she was sick. then all of a sudden her face was on my phone and she was laughing at me. I've never done facetime before and it surprised me. she said she wanted me to see her face to prove to me that she is fine. it worked. I feel a lot better now Smiley Happy

she said her doctor told her the infusions weaken her immune system, making her even more at risk than she already is, so she is to be quarantined for 2 weeks from the day of her infusion as a precaution. she looked and sounded great and said she's feeling good. I'm really happy her doctor did that. DD works for a company that employs over 1000 people in her building. she said they actually closed the building for 3 days to do a super cleaning.

after watching the news last night (we're anticipating a stay at home order in our town) we decided that it would be a good idea to get some things we don't need right now but will be needing in a few weeks, things that we can freeze like bread, butter and meats. DH went to the grocery store at 7am. that's the time set aside for people 60 and over to shop. unlike last time when the store was almost empty, he said there were a lot of "old people" there Smiley Happy . he managed to get what we needed, so now we can shelter in place without the concern that we're going to run out of certain things. at least, for a while.

it's a beautiful day here and has turned really cool. it's rained the last couple of nights and thankfully most of the pollen seems to have been washed away.

sending blessing to all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

here's a sunset from my front yard. it was prettier in person.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

fullsizeoutput_2a4b.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

The cherry tree we planted last year is in bloom along with the hyacinths below.

68821DC3-1B73-4F8A-B1E5-F9DEE92DBCEF.jpeg

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

catching up on all my dvr'ed shows, almost done with NCIS.

not much else guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

hey all

just popping in

cool outside today. a good brisk north wind today. blowing pretty hard

got chores done

walk in

1 load of clothes folded,2nd load in dryer

dh finished up grocery shop this morn.he goes back to work tomorrow

Trusted Contributor

HI EVERYONE

It has been a beautiful day here today, close to 80 degrees.  Yesterday we went to Tucson for a doctor's appt for DH and to stop by my cardiologist's office to pick up some samples of medications for me.  Stopped at Costco for a qick visit.  Not very people there and no lines. Thank goodness.  We ate at a Taco shop close to the Costco and it was very good.  If course we did the drive-thru.  We found most of everythng we needed except TP.  I think DH is going to go to Walmart early tomorrow morning to see if he can find any.  We're having pork chops for dinner.  Wishing everyone the best. Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I had to go to the bank today to get quarters for doing laundry. I was very impressed at how professional the entire process was handled. 

Customers were required to stand six feet apart outside until the security guard at the door allowed us to go in one at a time, as previous customers exited. Once inside, we had to stand twelve feet apart until we were called to approach a teller. Mission accomplished. Got my quarters.

I then decided to drive by Trader Joe's, one block away. The parking lot was very crowded, and the line of people waiting outside to get in was so long, I could not even see the end of the line. Costco, same thing.

So, I came home and started going through my fridge and pantry to see what I could come up with as far as meals.

I ended up making a large pot of vegetable bean soup, and a batch of chicken vegetable fried rice. I have some frozen meals and other things I can make meals out of, so have enough to eat for at least two weeks.

Take care everyone.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.