Honored Contributor

Re: “2020”~60’s Ladies & Everyone, Please Join Us!

Good afternoon! A decent day outside so I will be pruning one of our shrub roses.

Leftovers tonight -- my marinara sauce with gemelli pasta.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

just doing a check in, nothing new this afternoon, have to walk to get mail leave here in a few minutes. Later 

Honored Contributor

Hey all

if i read the message correctly the governor of my state has closed the boarders to the state. Dh read the messages to he is taking it the same way, he said there was zero people on road coming home tonight from work.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

Good Evening,

@viva923 , I think I did hear of border closings in your area. I hope you and your DH stay safe and well...

@MariotaMurielle , "Hatching in progress"...I checked the eagle cam a couple hours ago. Exciting. I'll be checking back!

@JustJazzmom , I repotted some plants today. The roses I have are starting to bud. We're also doing puzzles!

@snardy , Tuesday and Thursday mornings between 7 and 8 are set aside for seniors here to shop for groceries.  I think my DH plans to go to tomorrow to see if they e stocked up on a few things we've missed. Our DGD is really missing school. She's also part of a robotics program she loves that's closed too. She'll graduate next year. Thank you for thinking of our son. We're trying to plan a way to see him. He worries about keeping a safe distance. We miss him. Think of you often, dear friend....

@catwhisperer , that's what I try to do, too, or I'll go crazy. Take things one day at a time...take care.

Waving Hi to Hayfield, Katte, RetRN, LTT1, Auntg and all our friends....Good Night!

~H~
Honored Contributor

Seems like everyone on this thread is handling the crisis quite well. Other threads have a way of going off course, and the mods shut them down. I have to chuckle at that one poster obsessed with former QVC host Lisa Robertson. He no sooner starts a post with the letters LR in the title and they close it. I'll be listening to a recorded book today and doing my usual house cleaning.  Stay healthy ladies.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Seems like everyone on this thread is handling the crisis quite well. Other threads have a way of going off course, and the mods shut them down. I have to chuckle at that one poster obsessed with former QVC host Lisa Robertson. He no sooner starts a post with the letters LR in the title and they close it. I'll be listening to a recorded book today and doing my usual house cleaning.  Stay healthy ladies.

@AuntG.....I'm glad to hear that the mods are shutting down some threads/posts. I feel sorry for the mods, having to read the high volume of nonsense posts day after day. Anymore, I see certain poster's names, and I avoid reading any of their posts. On the other hand, there are certain ones whose posts I enjoy reading.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

sheet day. last load in dryer

it is raining, not a hard rain but enough for me to get wet from knees down to feet on morn walk

chores done. not much else guys. later.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

hey friends. things are pretty quiet around here. DH had to go to the post office today. it's a very small post office and usually a little crowded, so I made him promise to sit in the car until people emptied out. fortunately there was no one else there. he said there were sheets of plastic hung up to separate customers from the employees with just a small opening to slide your mail or package through and all the employees were wearing masks and gloves.

I have a friend I used to work with who moved to Italy when she retired  3 years ago. we've been keeping in touch through Facebook but last November someone hacked her account and I haven't been able to contact her. I've been really worried about her wih the terrible virus tolls there. I finally found a way to contact her neice and got my friend's email address. she answered my email last night. I am so relieved to hear from her again. she's in a small village in southern Italy and said they have enforced very strict rules. you can only leave your house twice a day for a certain amount of time, and only to go to the market, pharmacy or take care of pets. she has a dog she needs to walk and found out the hard way that there are limits as to how far you can walk from your house after being reprimanded by the police when she walked too far. at least I know she's well.

here's the new eaglet. the other eaglet is trying to hatch.

eaglet.jpg

and here's a Noxapater, Ms. sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

fullsizeoutput_2a47.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

I'm trying to stay positive, but this situation is getting more scary by the day. Some people are still not taking this seriously and not practicing social distancing by traveling, etc. I guess they think it doesn't apply to them. SMH.

Anyway, I cut my hair today, scrubbed my shower head, and scrubbed my car floor mats. Not much more to clean around here. I am a clean freak anyway, now turned germaphobe.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much going on here.

just a pop in tonight.

watching all my dvr'ed movies.

ok guys tomorrow