New Contributor

Re: 2019 Beauty With Benefits GWP

I agree.  I ordered one item each from both qvc and hsn and got no gwp with either.  Are they not supposed to tell when they run out?  I am sending both items back.  I am angry!

Honored Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I'm finding it funny people have so many alternative uses for Wen!  What does that say about the product?  Nobody wants it on their head?  LOL

@Grouchomarx  - I use mine to clean my hair!  And it hadn't even occurred to me about these other uses, but I have quite a stockpile, so I will try some of them.

I'm always impressed by how generous Chaz is, when any charity event occurs.  They sold out of one of his items before the show was even aired, so he supplied QVC with more for the actual event.

Honored Contributor

They did say online that the GWP was "while supplies last"; it's always been that way, to my knowledge.  I look at it as a donation to a charity and wouldn't return an item for any reason.  (Otherwise, the donor loses out and so does the charity.  The product can't be resold.)

I initially ordered a hair product from HSN before the night of the show.  It didn't show the GWP on my order, so I figured it wasn't being sent for some reason.  But it arrived about a week (maybe more) after I got my HSN order.

I was surprised to hear one of the hosts on QVC, the night of the benefit show, say that you would get a gift from each channel, if you ordered from both.  I had ordered another item from QVC because, given how much was in the GWP bag, I didn't think my HSN purchase was enough to justify it.

I don't see any sign of another GWP being shipped to me and I'm fine with that.  I believe they're sent out separately from the organizers of CEW and it does say "one per customer, while supplies last".  I'm sure they keep a list of those to whom they've sent out the bags.

The GWP is nice, but I don't buy something for that reason.  I buy it to benefit the charity.

New Contributor

I want to explain why I may send products back.  It is not because of the charity.  I am a two time cancer survivor.  I have done a lot of volunteer work for cancer, including helping a 55 year old carpenter friend with leukemia get treated when his insurance refused to pay.  And when his daughter got ovarian cancer, I collected $1,000 towards helping them help her.  I will revisit my plan to send items back, but my beef is with the channels not explaining it clearly to me.  My products are sealed, so do not understand why they cannot be reused. I will not watch this show again.  Would rather donate personally.  I just wanted you to know that I care, my beef is with the shows.  God bless you.

Honored Contributor

@yoopergirl- Bless you.  There's no need to explain if you want to return any items.  We all have our own reasons for what we do and there is no right or wrong.  I hope you didn't think my post was aimed at you; it was not aimed at anyone personally - just my take on the topic.

I absolutely understand that things should be made clear and that the responsibility is on the shopping channel hosts to do that.

I've lost more than one family member to cancer within the past few years and one is currently undergoing treatment for stage 4 lung cancer.

I hope you're doing well now and that you continue to do so.   Heart

Honored Contributor

i received two gwp bags......one from qvc, one from hsn.

i did order two weeks prior to the shows airing.

the gwp bags came separately from each order......and they did not arrive on the same day as the products. for qvc, i did have an order confirmation and tracking for the gwp. for hsn, it did not show up on my order status, but i did call their customer service to make sure they saw it on their end and they did.

sorry that some of you did not receive the bag of goodies. there were some really nice products in there. my daughter and mom already raided one of them and took the items they wanted.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
New Contributor

i am also very upset. i ordered an item from the list of qualifying beauty. when i placed the item the free beaty bag was not attached. so i called customer service and i was assured that i would get my free bag. i got the item i ordered today but no free beauty bag. i contacted customer service and was told it would ship separtely with 10-14 days. why? i ordered an item on hsn and it too did not show up in my order but when i got the beauty item i ordered the beauty bag was in the box also. they seem to have their act together and i was very please. i have been a qvc shopper for a very long time. i supported their cause and i feel i should be getting the free beauty bag. they never mentioned first come first serve. thats a bummer and wrong information. so i will be keeping my eyes out for this bag. lets hope they are right. 

Honored Contributor

I got mine this year by ordering before the show, thanks to help from above posters.  I'm very happy with selection, maybe only two items I can't use.  The Korres is fabulous and I can always use more Wen.  My items were shipped in one box, the beauty bag and a Clinique lipstick.  They do have to do something about running out.  Hosts suggesting customers can get two sure isn't helpful in avoiding disappointed customers.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got my beauty item today, and it came with the GWP.

As for the Wen, since I don't use it, I'll probably just toss it in the garbage.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I got mine today and like almost everything!   My Mally eyeshadow is a gold color...not sure how I’ll use this?  It seems more like a highlighter.  

Anyway, going on a trip next week, so I’ll pack many of these items.  This was good timing for me.