Esteemed Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

@SleeplessinSD, when I have a bad cold the best thing I can do is stay in bed and sleep as much as possible. I hope you're able to just rest and will soon be feeling better.

@LTT1, such beautiful little crocheted booties.

@viva923, can you believe I've never had a facial? sounds nice, though. the only pampering I indulge in is the occasional pedicure, which I'll be needing very soon. I have to let my incision (and various other mysterious holes in my leg from my surgery) before I can get one.

I had PT today and it was quite a workout. I actually like going though. I have been involuntarily sedentary for so long because of my pre-surgery knee pain that doing some physical exercise feels good. (I can't believe I just said that Smiley Happy ).

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Biloxi lighthouse sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, twilight and outdoor

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

Justjazzmom & Katte--We always watch some of the Twilight Zone too!  We were watching one yesterday morning and I know it's one I never saw.  DH laughs at me because at the beginning of one of the episodes I'll say I can't remember ever seeing it but by the end I remember it but even by the end of the one I saw yesterday, I told him, never saw that one!!  My favorite one is the one with Elizabeth Montgomery, where her older self is chasing her younger self on a horse, trying to catch up with, trying to warn her about the choice she made.  

Justjazzmom--My friend brought over a bottle of Prosecco yesterday and some cranberry juice and when you put the two together you make a drink called a Poinsettia!  You might have heard of it but I never did and it was good!

@Hayfield  That was Diana Hyland who died at the age of 42 of cancer, was John Travolta's girlfriend at the time, much older than he.

Honored Contributor

hello 

not much tonight. Waiting for wash to finish. Won’t spin, been on 5 minutes for past 45 min’s. Wonder what is wrong this time.

went to applebee’s For dinner,then to grocery store,then to another grocery store,then to walgreen’s and cvs. Couldn’t find anything i was looking for. Had to shop on line, finally found what i wanted at the target web site. 

Suppose to begin raining tonight, and remain wet all Saturday. 

That is about all for tonight. Till tomorrow

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, just got busy.  Our friends did finally text us yesterday and wanted to take us out to dinner, which was really nice, they stayed overnight, we sat out by the fire pit, it was a nice evening.  They Friday morning.  We took our walk and started to take the Xmas decorations down, or DH did, he does most of it since I was busy doing other things.  We went to our little wine shop late yesterday afternoon and had such a nice time, we met two women who are professors at UNCW.  I like going there because sometimes we see some familiar faces and sometimes we meet new people, makes it interesting!  Today, DH finished up the decorations, we took our walk and now I'll be cleaning up the house and doing laundry.  I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Respected Contributor

SISD--Colds seem to drag on, mine lasted about 10 days and I was functioning but miserable.  It's DD's birthday today, she's 29!  She got back from Italy late Thursday night.  We haven't talked to her yet.  I'll give her a call later.  I did send her a Happy Birthday text!

Justjazzmom--It's nice when you find something on sale at Macy's they take the coupon too!  Sometimes they won't take the coupon.  The boots sound perfect!

Viva--I've learned not to even check my washer until I think it's about done, it makes funny noises, flashing lights and sometimes I think somethings wrong when it's not.  

Mochahoney--Glad you're enjoying your PT.  I always felt better after a PT session too!

Honored Contributor

hey everyone,

Hay, i began to use pods in the washer. I think 2 tide pods was way to much for that machine. after 1 hour of it being on 5 min's i opened up the door, took out all the clothes, put in half the load, set the load back, things spun out. did it for the other half of the load. why it did this ???? is to me. i was reading on line and sometimes the washer can go into loss of memory type thought you have to turn off machine, let set for 60 seconds, and start the machine back up. one load took me 3 hours to complete. sure hope I don't have that problem again. anyway, i did an affresh of the washer this morn. am doing 1 medium load now seems to be working OK.  will only use 1 pod per load nothing more.

miserable day here. wet, cold nor'east wind, been raining since last night.

not much else. will check in later.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923, your washing machine sagas always amaze me. I don't do anywhere near as much laundry as you do, but I think  your machine would be way too exasperating for me to deal with.

I like my mechanical things simple: turn it on and go. Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Hi ladies...I was scrolling through here and read about the washing machine episode...so I just had to chime in. I purchased a Maytag, pretty expensive model last year, basically for the extra large drum, and no center agitator....well, I ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!!🤬🤬 Mine also gets stuck on one cycle, usually rinse. Just keeps filling and filling with water, and wont spin or drain. It's one of those models all digital and a brain of it's own. So much for the large drum...it doesn't like more than a couple of towels, never can wash a blanket with anything else. Maybe one set of sheets with nothing else. So I have to stay on standby and watch the dang thing. Manually have to clear out cycles and reset it.
Oh such language I've learned🤬. Besides, although I liked the deep drum...being only 5'1, I could barely reach the bottom...hubby said hes gonna find me in feet up. Sorry I didn't get the basic model with hand operating knobs😕.
My friend has the same model...no bedspread or throw rugs...stupid awful machine.
Anyway...I just had to vent after reading here, but I do wish you all a wonderful and healthy new year!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone! I’m Lol at the washing machine stories. I’m glad I stopped by. I needed a day brightener!😊

@Dazlin (Welcome!), @viva923, We have a fairly new Whirlpool, top loading, no agitator washing machine. I use one pod and wash most everything, big loads included, in it. I’ve never had a problem at all. Like @MariotaMurielle, I’d be so frustrated having to deal with constant issues. I’m sorry you’re having so many problems. HSN has a popular detergent. I think it’s called Nellie’s? If you don’t like the pods, you might  check it out!😊

@Hayfield, Happy Birthday to your DD! I’ve been down about a week, still functioning, but moving slow. Seems as the day’s progressed, I’m feeling better. Having that bedroom over your garage sounds perfect for overnight guests!

Waving Hi to Everyone! The sun did not come out at all today. Very cold and raining. Watched a couple movies on AMC and DH’s been watching Pro playoffs. I hope everyone had a great day!😊❤️

~H~
Esteemed Contributor

we've had so much rain that we're now under flood warnings. we're on a hill, so we'll be fine. lots of road closures around though.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Pascagoula sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, beach, twilight, outdoor, water and nature