Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

@AuntG 

had to look this up and CONGRATULATIONS!

"Axe is Back" 

https://madison.com/wsj/sports/college/football/axe-is-back-wisconsin-badgers-dominate-minnesota-gol...

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Good Morning! 🎄⛄️🎅❄️💕

D8D5FA18-EF60-41F4-870E-520876F7C291.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hello all,

AUNTG, i am wondering if you can remember the name of that stuff we use to do in the midwest (you are from upper midwest Wisconsin area--same as me) I have been gone so long I forgot the name of that thingy where you begin at one house for hor'derves, then you go onto the next house for main meal, sometimes just the meat portion or beginning of the meal, then onto the next house for salad, soup and such, then final house is dessert. there was a name that we use to have back in wisconsin but gosh I can't recall what we use to call it.  been gone way to long.

LTT, pie party sounds like something we use to do back in wisconsin growing up. just can't remember the name

got walk in, miserable out, steady rain, winds out of NOR'EAST.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 we call them Round Robins. I have no idea why.

Honored Contributor

that is correct, Round robins.  I just could not think of that name, thanks for remembering that for me

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

@viva923 we call them Round Robins. I have no idea why.

Or it’s called a progressive dinner party, too.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

thanks just jazz for the other name progressive dinner. Have heard that living on east coast a couple of times. 

Have not heard of any of these types of dinners in many years.

just a quick pop in,

ok later guys.

Esteemed Contributor

hey friends. we had massive amount of rain last night and it has cooled off a bit today. I'm so glad the cooler weather is back. it's been so warm and humid this past week.

I wrapped all the Christmas presents this afternoon and got them under the tree. we've decided we'll drive to DD's a few days before Christmas to deliver everything and have our family gathering so they won't have to load everybody up and drive here. then they can just have their Christmas morning in their own place and it will be less stressful and exhausting for DD.

DH has his first post-op followup on Wednesday. he's really done well and we're hoping the doctor will give him the all-clear to go hunting and do whatever else he wants to do with no restrictions.

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Bay St. Louis harbor sunset.

have peaceful evening y'all.

fullsizeoutput_28e4.jpeg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

We have had rain, then snow & now back to rain today. I managed to get to the grocery store for the sale items. It was chilly today & I thought, I’m not ready for winter! 

We are watching The Crown on Netflix. A perfect night to stay in.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Our snowstorm has moved on leaving us with about a half foot on the ground. Highs will be near freezing all week. It should be a lazy week for me because most things are done. Next weekend DH and I will finish up shopping. I am a bit worried about a friend has been having long bouts of A-fibs which sound serious to me, but she says lots of people have that condition. She's one of those people that chat your ear off, and when she says she needs to nap, I worry!