Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

@SleeplessinSD 

How is the tooth procedure coming along?

@viva923 

Have fun at your family gathering today.

@snardy 

Your trips sound fabulous!

Can you pack me in one of your suitcases?

@MariotaMurielle 

So impressive that brick area you did all by yourself!

It is times like today that I have thoughts of my relatives that have passed, mostly because these holidays were times we all got together!

So, your work on the brick walkway reminds me of my DSIL, Betty, who proceeded to remove a bath tile that was still “setting” while in process by the builder!

I remember being “awed” by her doing that. It seemed inconceivable to me at that time that anyone would know how!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

hey all

still at DD house. Everyone is on patio shivering. That sun is warm but wind is still chilly. I watched the kids do the egg hunt, came in.

DD made up leg of lamb and lamb meatloaf.  I am not much of a lamb lover so i ate the lamb meatloaf. Now that was excellent. I brought down a baked potato. My DD did it in her microwave. It was a feast for me. For desserts was donuts and sponge cake. I chose the sponge cake. Had a feast today.

my grand daughter (in college) did call us before we left for DD house . She was kind of lonely. All the kids in her part of the dorm went home. This year she had to stay, it is a far trip for anyone to pick her up. 

OK guys that is all for now, later

Trusted Contributor

HI EVERYONE

We went to church this morning.  I fixed a ham, barbecue beans and macaroni salad for dinner.  Pineapple upside down cake for dessert.  It has been a quiet Easter which is fine.  Heard from DD and DS this morning. I hope everyone had a nice day. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@katte, your dinner sounds delish. Sounds like you had a nice day.

I'm enjoying the Motown special on CBS. We had dinner at 1:30 and I'm not hungry. 

Respected Contributor

My highlight of the day was going on my two mile walk to help maintain what little sanity I have left. I enjoyed the chirping birds and butterflies. Smiley Happy

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

really not much here. Just a pop in. Looks like some good food was made today.

just popping to before i shut down for the night. Watching old movies

ok guys see all in the morn

Honored Contributor

Good Evening! Checking in for a few minutes. Our daughter drove out from work and got here late Friday night. We all drove out in the afternoon on Saturday to our son’s house to drop off their dog. We stayed there and had a late lunch at this seafood place we like nearby. DD drove home from there. DS and family flew in later in the evening. Today was just DH and me, and we relaxed around the house most of the day. It was nice. Our son has tomorrow off and plans to stop by for a while.  I was planning to watch American Idol at 8, but I noticed it said Repeat. I also want to watch the Motown special which comes on at the same time here. I’ll tape one. I’m tired, again, so I’ll catch up with everyone tomorrow. I hope everyone had a happy, blessed day...Good Night!😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We went to a local restaurant this afternoon & it was wonderful. We then went home after having dessert.  I had biscotti with a glass of Italian dessert wine. You dip the biscotti into the wine. DH had Italian cheesecake with decaf cappuccino. 

Before we went out, I went after breakfast & got another green pepper plant & a red loose leaf lettuce at another Home Depot. All I need now is to locate when they come in — bush beans. This year I will get 3 plants instead of 1. 

Sounds like everyone had a wonderful Easter. 

Goodnight all.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

hey friends. it's been a very long weekend and I'm tired but I can't sleep, so I'm sitting in the living room scrolling through the tv channels and the internet, while listening to DH snore at the other end of the house.

A tree removal guy that was recommended by one of DH's friends came over Friday afternoon to do an assessment of the job. he said as soon as the ground is dry enough for him to get his equipment in the yard they'll be back, first to get the tree off of our neighbor's fence, then to get started on removal of the rest of it. the estimate is $1550 and our insurance deductible is higher than that, so it won't be covered. then we'll have to work something out with the neighbor about her fence. in all honesty, her fence was in bad condition anyway, with sections of it having already fallen. but the part our tree hit was still standing, so we'll just have to talk to her and hopefully come to a mutually agreeable settlement. she's always been a nice person, although we hardly ever see her. but you never know what people are going to say. DH went to her house yesterday but she didn't answer the door, so he left a note with his phone number but so far she hasn't called.

DD and DSIL came up Friday night. we just had pizza since they arrived late. we had planned to take them to that country store/restaurant on Saturday evening (that's the one that DH and I went to last month with some friends and really enjoyed) but it's in a town that had some serious tornado damage from the storms a few days ago and no one has electricity since so many power lines were knocked down by falling trees. so instead, we made steak & chicken shish-kabobs on the grill.

DD wasn't feeling well Friday night and the first part of Saturday. she was having a mild MS flare that causes her right extremities to feel strange ( muscles drawing & tightening) and she feels extremely tired. she says that when this happens it mostly occurs on Fridays and Saturdays after she's worked all week and her energy reserves are totally depleted. she rested for several hours on Saturday morning and by Saturday evening she was feeling much better.

we plan to talk to a medicare supplement adviser this week about choosing a supplement & prescription plan for DH. this is the same person who was so helpful when I was in the process of choosing plans for myself. since DH retired he's been getting all of his medical care though the VA and they've done a good job. but there are some issues that he may need evaluated by sources outside of the VA system in the near future so we feel like we need to get prepared for that in advance.

I planted my tomatoes and cucumbers today. one cherry tomato and two globe (Better Boy) plants. I'll go this week and buy some squash, jalapeno and lettuce to plant. that's all I'm doing this year.

I've just skimmed quickly through all the posts I had missed and it sounds like everyone had a good Easter weekend.

@snardy, your European trip coming up caught my attention. I saw a mention about cruising from London to Ireland. maybe I can ask you to share more details later this week, when you have a chance. I've never been to Europe, but since I've been doing my genealogy research the last couple of years I have really been wanting to see the areas my ancestors came from. England, Wales, Ireland and Scotland make up almost all of my ancestry and those places would be my dream trip.. 

it's 1:30 now and I'm beginning to feel sleepy. so I'll give it another try.

sending big blessings to all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey all

it was super sunny outside but sun is gone and clouds have taken over. still a cool wind blowing. still need a jacket for my walks.

making turkey breast for dinner tonight.

MM sure hope that neighbor lady is willing for work with you guys. All i can see is the Judge judy cases on similar instances.

not much else guys, will check in later.