Respected Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

Good Morning--It was another warm day yesterday, in the low 70's, we took a bike ride in the morning, then went to the beach in the afternoon.  It wasn't nearly as crowded and it was mostly adults, not many families or children.  We then went to a furniture store called Home Again.  It has really high end good quality furniture that was either previously owned or in a model home and now they're selling it at a good price.  In other words, a high end second hand store!   Someone told me that very well off people get new furniture all the time and take it to this store to sell.  We were just looking.  We have mostly what we want but there are a few pieces that if I could find in a store like this would be nice.  The problem is you have to keep going and checking it out, don't know if I'll do that!  I hope that everyone has a good day!

Respected Contributor

Justjazzmom--We don't have a landline anymore, when we moved I decided not to bother.  We never used the landline since we both have cell phones.  We don't get the newspaper anymore either.  Guess we saved some money when we moved!  

Mochahoney--Our 70 degree weather is gone, we'll be in the 40's & 50's the rest of the week, it was nice while it lasted!  Maybe we'll have another warm day or two, one can hope!

SISD--You'll love having a cleaning lady again, it does help and I it will be nice not to feel I have to clean constantly.  I still have to clean "in between" her visits but it's worth it and she was so reasonable.   

Snardy--I'm so sorry to hear about your fall!  Let us know if they find out what happened that possibly caused the fall.

Honored Contributor

7EBD223A-229F-44ED-A41B-172E6640F36F.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

@snardy, I am so sorry about your fall, I am another uncoordinated person who has had her share of falls. I am glad you are seeing the Dr. to be checked over. Hopefully, you will be feeling better soon. Those bruises last awhile unfortunately. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Nothing new to report here, just the usual laundry, house cleaning, and meal prep. It's too cold out to do anything fun. 

Wishing you all a good day.

Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD, I had a brief conversation with a poster from the past on another thread. I thought maybe she'd pop over here to say hello but she hasn't. as you said, at least it's good to see that she's ok.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hey everyone,

it is looking more sinister outside, not sure if heavy rain is right around the corner. super duper windy today. and cold SNOW STORM friday,saturday,sunday, all 3 days or one and half days, weather guessers said be prepared for worst.

saw doctor, took me off lisinopril for now. he said my mouth sores may be side effect of lisinopril OR an infectious boo boo. he isn't sure which. am now on dycyclomine for mouth sores, hydrasomething cream 1%, tylenol for arthrist, had xray of back. gave out at xmas and some days can barely move but i push ahead. 

did get morn walk in, it was late but got it in.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much new here

had snow showers this afternoon, nothing massive, more of a spitting snow showers.

heard snow storm come saturday into sunday. still waiting to hear of amount .

got walk in this afternoon. picked up mail.

not much else,will check in later.

Respected Contributor

@viva923, did the doc mention your cough when he d/c'd the lisonpril? just curious.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

So good to hear you are feeling better❣️

@MariotaMurielle

An earthquake...really awful!

@viva923

Glad the MD took you off the med that was causing problems.

@RetRN

Your days sound about as exciting as mine lately but then chores need to be done! I had one set of plans for today and DH had another. So we "meshed" them together and about 1/2 of mine didn't get done.

Soma is having a 70% off sale today ...I had luck and ordered...FYI to anyone who might be interested.

@Hayfield

Your "new normal sounds fun. I like that you got the magnolia wreath in honor of the past!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I’m stopping in a little early. I’ve been tired all day and want to go up a little earlier than usual.  I had a funny thing happen this morning. I was trying to read instructions for doing different things on my new phone and, at the same time, trying to do them. I must have hit “Face Time”,  which I never get on, because the next thing I know, my DS is on my screen! The bad part is he was at work, but I heard him say Hi and when I explained he just laughed. Needless to say, I will be more careful!😉

@LTT1, getting half your chores done sounds pretty good to me! I’ll check out Soma. I don’t need anything, but that’s a great sale. Thanks!

@snardy, you’ve been on my mind today. How did your doctor appt. go? I hope you’re feeling better!🙏❤️

@viva923, like @MariotaMurielle, I’m wondering if your doctor mentioned your cough with the Lisinopril too. I was taken off it for that reason. I never got mouth sores though. Sounds painful. I hope this new regimen of meds helps you and you start feeling better. Take good care!

@RetRN,  We’ve been having a cold spell here, too. It feels good to just stay indoors. I’ve been catching up with things around the house that I’d let go. Keep warm...Always good hearing from you!😊

@Hayfield, I’ve not heard of Home Again, but sounds like a great place to shop if you need something. A high end second hand store with, hopefully,  good prices!😊

@catwhisperer, I know you’re life is more than busy right now. I just wanted you to know I’m thinking of you and hope you’re feeling better. Take care...

Waving Hi to all I missed. I hope everyone had a good day!😊❤️

~H~