Respected Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

Katte--It's nice that you got to go to the movies!  So glad your health has improved and you can enjoy doing things!  I enjoy going to the movies but DH does not, so we don't go often.  I used to go with my girlfriends back in Virginia.  I'm making friends slowly, but haven't wanted to ask anyone if they want to see a movie yet.  How's your DD doing?

Trusted Contributor

@Hayfield  Morning - My DD is doing very well. She has kept her blood sugar levels where her doctor wants them to be and she has recovered quite nicely from her gallbladder surgery.  She's been through a lot the past couple of years.  Thanks. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

hey guys

good posting this morn. all interesting posts.

did chores, got walk in, have 1 load clothes to fold. 

not much else going on now,

will check in later

have doctor appoint tomorrow, my chest is hurting (coughing), plus a couple side effects from that new bp medication he put me on about 6 months ago, need to get everything addressed at once.

ok guys later.

Valued Contributor

Hello everyone,

I had a bad fall and have been out of commission for a few days. I’m going to the doctor tomorrow because I had some sort of “episode” that preceded the fall. I’m really bruised and banged up. I even have a black eye! I look like I got into a bad fight!

I have a front load washer and have never had any trouble with it, thank goodness. DH and I are not handy with those sort of things!

I have enjoyed reading everyone’s posts. 

Our book club is reading, “The Other Einstein.” It’s a novel about Einstein’s first wife. It’s quite interesting. 

SleeplessinSD, thanks for thinking of me. I’m glad you’re feeling better. 💕

Viva, I don’t think of you as a “newbie” either. You’re the most prolific poster of us all!

Welcome to our new gals and thinking of everyone else. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@snardy  OH my goodness, sorry to hear about  your fall!  I've had my share of falls in the past as I'm not the most coordinated person in the world. Smiley Happy  Glad you're going to the doctor tomorrow to get everything checked.  Let us know how you are doing.  Take care.  

Honored Contributor

hello all

quiet afternoon for me.

was able to watch 20 min's of t.v., 

did get my afternoon walk in, picked up mail. walked home.

have to hussle tomorrow because of my doctor check. want to get as much chores accomplished before i leave, coming home to a boat load of chores is not my ideal.

ok guys will check in later.,

Snardy, do hope you heal and feel better soon.

Honored Contributor

@snardy Sorry to read about your fall & I’m glad you’re getting checked out at the doctor!

Quiet day here — a short supermarket run in between rain bouts. I ordered a wireless phone handset to add to our existing ones. Our bedroom phone (a different brand) decided to stop holding a charge — kept cutting out when you got on the phone to talk. In the interim, I transferred a phone we had in our basement. I reread the instructions & figured out how to program the ringer so it doesn’t ring for a specific time frame on the handset in our bedroom.

Still need to fold the sheets here.

Have a great evening all.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

hey y'all.

@snardy, I've had a couple of falls in the past but thankfully didn't get as banged up as it appears you did. hope you'll be ok and whatever the pre-fall episode was will turn out to be nothing concerning.

@katte, so glad to hear your daughter is doing better.

we had an earthquake today in Mississippi. it was a small one (3.something) and it was in the delta (about 200 miles north of us) so we didn't feel anything. but people in the area reported that it was big enough to make things rattle on shelves.

it was 70 here today and yesterday. we've had the air conditioner on. tonight it's supposed to get cold again and tomorrow will be in the low 50s, then 40s & 50s for the rest of the week. guess we'll turn the heater back on Smiley Happy

here's a Gulfport pelican sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, ocean, cloud, twilight, outdoor and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

HEY ALL

not much doing tonight. Had to take showers in our spare bathroom. It is cramped quarters, but we got it done. Dh did some repair work in master bathroom, and it needed 24 hour no use bathroom.

not much else. See all tomorrow

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@snardy, oh no! I’m so sorry you fell and got hurt. We’ll be waiting to hear how your Dr. appt. goes. Take care of yourself and know I’m keeping good thoughts that all is OK and you’re better soon!❤️

@MariotaMurielle, I hate earthquakes and, of course, out here it’s always a fear. I’m glad yours was far enough away not to feel...

@viva923, good luck tomorrow at your doctor’s appt. I hope you had a good day and you find out what’s causing you not to feel well...

@Hayfield, we’ve decided to have our cleaning ladies once a month. I used to have a wonderful cleaning lady when I worked, and we lived up north. At times, she’d even start dinner by getting things ready. She actually became a good friend. I’m glad you found one you like!

I was browsing on the different threads here last night when I couldn’t sleep. I saw one of our very old posters on several. Made me happy and sad at the same time. At least I know she’s OK.😊. I got a new phone for Christmas. Mine was old and not holding a battery charge. We went in to Apple and had them reload everything to the new phone.  It’s different from my old, so now I need to take time and figure it all out! 🤔. I hope everyone had a happy, healthy day!😊❤️

~H~