Trusted Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

HI EVERYONE

It is still pretty cold here, only 30 this morning.  Yesterday DB came over and we did some Holiday baking.  It was fun.  I made some sugar cookies and DB made some cinnamon pinwheels and gingerbread cookies.  I am getting ready to send "care packages" this week to the kids.  I saw a recipe for candied pecans I'm going to try.  I remember my mom use to make them for the holidays and they were so good.  

@SleeplessinSD  That picture that you sent is so  sweet.  The other day when we were in Walmart we saw a man with a bull dog.  It was brown and white and so cute.  He looked about 2-3 years old and very friendly.

@snardy  Miss you, hope you're feeling better.

@catwhisperer  Think of you often and wonder how you're doing.

@LTT1  We had a lot of rain, but no flooding thank goodness!  There were some areas that had a lot of water.

@MariotaMurielle  Glad your DH is doing better.  Sounds like you're all ready for Christmas. Smiley Happy

@JustJazzmom  Your sound like me out shopping in between bouts of snow and rain. We are supposed to get more rain this week.  

@viva923  I remember those dinners too.  Where I'm from they are called progressive dinners.  They were always fun.  Stay warm.

@AuntG  Hope you're staying warm.  Are you ready for Christmas?

@CoastalLover  Is it cold were you live?   I know you are staying busy. Smiley Happy

Wishing everyone a great day.  I will probably do some more baking today, we'll see.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@katte, sounds like you baked up some really yummy treats. I wish I could  bake but I am just plain lousy at it. 

Quiet here, I finished reading "Mistress at the Ritz", a historical novel. 

Our weather has been interesting, I think the entire winter may be that way. 

Hope everyone has a nice week. 

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here today.

chores, walk, fold clothes,trying to get computer work done. dh is home today, he is running all the errands.

damp, raw day here, very overcast. ok later guys

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD 

that picture of the pups is adorable!

@katte 

Your baking sounds so yummy...glad you are ok with the flooding that went on

@MariotaMurielle 

DH is missing his hunting! Sounds like he is feeling good...hoping at his check up appt Wednesday he gets the "all clear" and can go!

Today I "graduated" and now only need to go to the chiropractor two times per week instead of three! Hoo-ray!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

“2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

HI EVERYONE

Well, I finished my Holiday baking today.  I made peanut butter cookies, candied pecans and butterscotch fudge.  All turned out great.  Now to get everything in the mail tomorrow.  I'll start dinner in about an hour and then relax the rest of the evening. Smiley Happy  Wishing everyone a nice evening.

@LTT1  Congratulations on your progress with your Chiropractor/

Occasional Contributor

Good Morning Everyone--(really Hayfield)!!!  We got back from Virginia yesterday and had a great time with family & friends but glad to be home.  We'll start decorating today.  I don't know how much baking I'll be doing, lost a week with Thanksgiving so late.  It's sunny today & in the 50's, about 10 degrees colder than usual for this time of year, but I'll take it.  It sounds like everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!

Occasional Contributor

Katte--It sounds like you've done quite a bit of baking.  I need to get some fudge made and send it to DS for his office.  I meant to make it and take it to VA for him to take back, now I'll have to mail it.  I try to avoid the post office this time of year.  I live in southeastern NC, near Wilmington and it's cold in the morning and in the evening but in the middle of the day, with the sun out it's really nice.  I'm really Hayfield, for some reason they wouldn't let me sign in as Hayfield and I had to make a whole new name, I wasn't happy but what are you going to do.  

LLT1--I totally missed the post about you going to a chiropractor, I hope you're feeling better.  Are you going to see DD & family for Xmas?

SISD--It sounds like you had a quiet Thanksgiving this year, it was a little too busy for me but I know that someday we won't make the trip to VA, so I'll go while I can.  DD & DS are coming for Xmas next year.  DD gets married in April, so next year they'll spend Thanksgiving in Columbus, Ohio, since her fiance' went to Ohio State and Ohio State will be playing Michigan at Ohio State and he always go to the game, then they'll come here for Xmas and trade off the next year.  I'm fine with it, I'm just not one of those mom's.  They'll come when they can, they both have jobs and while DD has extra time since she's a teacher, he doesn't and he changed jobs again, so I don't want to make it harder for them than necessary.  No matter how much I tried to make my mother happy at the holidays, it never was enough, not going there with my children.  

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon all!

Hope everyone’s Thanksgiving was pleasant.

We didn’t get the predicted amounts of snow yesterday. It took a long time to arrive & when it snowed it was in the late evening into night when everyone was pretty much home. We got what looks like 2” & it looks like it’s mostly melted from the sidewalks & driveway. 

I need to gas up the car & visit the post office. One of our son’s left behind a bag holding pet stain remover & I saw it behind our loveseat yesterday. 

It’s chilly here so it’s winter coat weather now. 

Have a terrific Tuesday.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @JustJazzmom @CoastalLover @katte @viva923 

hearting is not working for me today.

DH starts his colonoscopy (routine screening) today FUN!

@JustJazzmom 

it is always a surprise when one leaves something behind after a visit, right?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Anyone with young (5 & under) grandkids? Check out Jimmy Kimmel’s new children’s book called The Serious Goose. He read it last night to his kids on TV & it is a cute book. All proceeds go to children’s hospitals across the nation. 

I bought it for our DGS today @ Barnes & Noble.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼