Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

@SleeplessinSD @JustJazzmom @viva923 @RetRN @MariotaMurielle 

Lucas made up a song...he sang it while playing "Legos" and i recorded it!  It goes 

"oh, it's a boeing (boring) day

gotta go to woek (work)"

Lexi got theee badges for going on a dad campout. Can you say "excited?"

@JustJazzmom 

How did you like the movie?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1  Movie was good. But if you had seen Won’t You Be My Neighbor, it isn’t a copy of that one. This movie focuses on him but also on the Esquire interviewer & his family. 

If anyone is interested, Esquire has that old interview/story online to read. 

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/a27134/can-you-say-hero-esq1198/

Now to start my cranberry sauce.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@LTT1, that song Lucas made up gave me an out-loud giggle!

I meant to post this pic this morning, but it still applies.

nice day.png

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

not really much new here.

sun finally came out we got 1 inch of rain overnight.

wind is whipping pretty good pace. it is mighty cold today because of wind.

ok guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Cranberry sauce, Knorr spinach dip & wild rice with sautéed onions & celery & added toasted chopped pecans & roasted butternut squash cubes done. 

I did chicken pot pies for dinner.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom, you've gotten a lot of TG cooking done already. will you have to freeze some of it? I'll start pre-cooking tomorrow. boiling chickens, making cornbread for the dressing,etc.

@viva923, that's pretty scary about that heater. thank goodness your DH noticed before something terrible happened.

I've noticed that since I've been walking every day I get very hungry after a walk. I don't feel like I've lost (or gained) any weight, so I guess it all evens out. also, I'm sleeping better most nights too.

sending big blessings to all.

here's a Laurel, Mississippi sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

forrest co sunset.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

No need to freeze, just reheat in the oven (the wild rice) while the ham cooks. I just have to do the desserts tomorrow & wrap in plastic wrap. The vegetables for the dip can be prepared in the AM on Thursday & wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge. The same with the mozzarella & the prosciutto, right before the meal. I will have to prepare the pasta Puttanesca on Thanksgiving. I will probably have the spinach de-stemmed & olives sliced ahead of time. 

I bought the sea salt pita chips for the dip today. So if people want to dip with pita chips or veggies, it’s a choice. 

Occasional Contributor

Good Morning!--It sounds like everyone is busy, getting ready for Thanksgiving.  We're leaving early tomorrow, heading to VA, DS is coming to VA from NYC.  We'll be having Thanksgiving dinner at my old neighbors house, there's going to be 12 of us, her brother & SIL are coming and her niece with her DH and 2 year old son.  Should be fun!  I won't start decorating for Xmas until we get back.  

Occasional Contributor

Good Morning!--It sounds like everyone is busy, getting ready for Thanksgiving.  We're leaving early tomorrow, heading to VA, DS is coming to VA from NYC.  We'll be having Thanksgiving dinner at my old neighbors house, there's going to be 12 of us, her brother & SIL are coming and her niece with her DH and 2 year old son.  Should be fun!  I won't start deco

Occasional Contributor

Sorry my last post posted twice, I had trouble getting it to post at all and when it did, it did it twice.

Justjazzmom--Sounds like you're cooking for an Army!  How many are you hosting this year?  Are all you children coming!  We're going to our friends and I'll make the mashed potatoes at my DD's place and I'm bring lots of wine, of course!  

MM--I'm sure you're excited about DD & her DH coming for Thanksgiving!  Enjoy!

LLT1--I didn't see a post about your Thanksgiving plans, so I'm guessing you're staying home this year?  How are the plans for moving near DD?