Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

I was thinking that at one point, QVC must have allowed people to share email addresses and other contact information. On another thread, an elderly lady was MIA and some posters found her phone number, her landlord and her sister in order to learn she had been hospitalized. As for me, there is only one other poster that I know personally, but it is nice to know that cyber friends have become personal friends through these boards. I doubt QVC intended that to happen, and they no longer allow personal contact information to be shared (not sure they ever really approved of that), but in this case, it was a good thing.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG 

It seems to me that as many as 5 years ago, we could post our private information and hastily delete it so that another poster could save it.

I believe it was helpful at times to be able to followup with people we cared about.💗

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @AuntG @MariotaMurielle @viva923 @katte 

Hi all

had a Derm appt last week and was surprised to find out that a bad rash on my shoulder is actually a SHINGLES rash!

He was very surprised to hear that I had no other symptoms... no fever or upset stomach.  He suggested some otc cream by Cerave for the itching. This ugly rash is healing up now.

@SleeplessinSD 

glad you had a good weekend and that DD is doing ok

We watched our ongoing detective series "Silent Witness."  I will miss it when we get to the end.

Honored Contributor

hello all

a super busy day here. dh has off and has had a honey do list arm's length long. he still has to go out tonight to finish up.

not much else. got both walk in, ok guys later.

Respected Contributor

another spring-like day here. it's very nice, but I want fall back Smiley Happy

I found out today that our local library is moving to a new building. the old building's roof was damaged and apparently all the repairs would be very expensive.  the move will be great but in preparation for the move they'll be closed for about a year. I'm so glad I discovered inexpensive almost-like-new books from eBay.

other than having lunch with a friend tomorrow, I'm planning on a very quiet week.

@LTT1, check your email.

sending blessings to all.

here's a Biloxi lighthouse sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

biloxilighthouse.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone! 

Been sick with a cold which I think has finally turned the tide! It’s been a miserable cold fall day with intermittent rain here, a good day to be indoors. 

The contractor & his handyman were here today to install insulation on the floor joists in our utility room, This hopefully will make 2 bedrooms above warmer over the winter months. Tomorrow I need to wet Swiffer the floor because it got dirty during the installation. 

I caught up on recorded programs this weekend. I finally watched HBO’s Catherine the Great mini series, all 4 episodes. 

@LTT1  Sorry you got the shingles! Had you received either the older Zostravax vaccine or the newer & more effective Shingrex? Once you are over it, talk with your physician about getting the newer vaccine as it can prevent re-occurrence.

Stonewall Kitchen has a really good sale on their website. Returning customers can sign in & get free shipping with orders over $35. Normally you need to spend twice that amount to qualify for free shipping. 

I bought 2 bake mixes for 2 of my GFs as Christmas gifts.  Lemon pound cake & pumpkin quick bread mix for both of them. 

We usually get together in December for lunch & exchange gifts.

I’m in the process of determining the remaining Thanksgiving menu for next week. I’m doing a ham with pineapples, mustard & brown sugar & ground cloves, cranberry sauce, wild rice with butternut squash pieces & a salad. I am making a holiday bundt cake (a Stonewall Kitchen mix). I will add extra candied fruit peels to the mix as many of these mixes never add enough fixings.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey everyone

i had the older shingle vaccine shot. My husband got herpes in the eye because of the shot. Apparently this can be a side effect of these shots, not always but every now then someone can get the eye infection. Took dh a year to get over the shingles in the eye. It was an awful disease. 

Not much else tonight, see all tomorrow

Occasional Contributor

Good Morning!--It's me Hayfield!  We had a great time last week at the Biltmore and it was so beautiful!  We went to the Biltmore maybe, 7-8 years ago but always wanted to see it at Christmas time.  We didn't stay in Asheville, we stayed at a little B&B in Black Mountain about 20 minutes from Asheville.  My friend's mother was originally raised in the general area and her mom left for the DC area during WWII as many, like two of my aunts did.  She stayed in the DC, met her husband and raised their family in Northern VA.  My friend said that every summer they went back to visit family, so she knows the area well and even has some family buried on the Biltmore Estate! I guess when GW Vanderbuilt started buying up land to build the Biltmore, many people were buried on the property and are still there, I guess they didn't bother to remove the bodies, it was the 1800's after all!  The added bonus was the Downton Abbey exhibit.  When we bought the tickets last summer we didn't know it was going to be there and it was included with the ticket.  I did post some pictures on facebook but not of any of the Christmas pictures, I'll do that after Thanksgiving!  Everyone sounds busy!

Occasional Contributor

MM--So glad to hear that DH's surgery went well, getting bumped though isn't fun, that was a long day!

Justjazzmom--We had the original shingles shot but the new shot is in short supply in our area.  Someone told me they found it at pharmacy about 30 minutes from here so I guess I have to call around and see if they have it.  I hate that it's a two part shot this time and you have to have the 2nd shot in a certain time period and if it's short supply, makes it a little more difficult.  

SISD--The reason why I don't have many posts is because for some reason they made me redo, I didn't want to, they said my other email & passwork was already taken, yes by me, I felt like I was in the Twlight Zone, so I made a new one and it's like I'm a new customer.  I hope your DD is doing better after her surgery.

Katte--A quiet Thanksgiving should be nice.  We're heading to N.VA, I'm going to make the effort to be with my children as long as I can since I know that someday I may not be able to.  

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD @CoastalLover @viva923 @JustJazzmom @MariotaMurielle 

Here is some information if this subject is of interest to you.

2016CE79-BCF7-4D50-ABD4-47F6695580C3.jpeg

credit to 

0DA06F6F-88B6-4B03-8A65-EBE3106E7CD0.jpeg

I purchased some sample size of products and am testing these (if that is what it is called) now.