Occasional Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

Hi Ladies!--I was trying to go back and read some posts, it's been so long since I posted and when I tried to post I got frustrated and decided to take the time to try to catch up.  Everyone has been busy, as usual.  I had a nice quiet birthday, since we were heading to Florida the week after, didn't want to fuss. St. Augustine is beautiful and we had a nice visit with my friend.  Halloween, well, let's just say that I celebrated Halloween way more this year than I ever did with my children.  We went to a communit party, I was a deer, DH a medival hunter, had fun, then we went to a Flaming Jack-O-Latern party.  The pumpkins are carved, then a roll of toilet paper is placed inside, then you douse the toilet paper with kerosene and light it, fun!  She had jello shots with syringes too.  Then on Halloween night we had a outdoor party in our cul-de-sac.  Needless to say, I had enough of Halloween!!!!!!  Last weekend we went to Myrtle Beach with our friends, the guys father owns a condo and only uses it January-May, he lives in Boston, so his family members can use it whenever they want.  We went to a really good restaurant called The Parsons Table, it used to be a church.  Needless to say, I haven't been in a church for a long time, had a good dinner!  On Monday we heading to the Biltmore for Christmas at the Biltmore!  So excited!  We went to the Biltmore 4-5 years ago and always said we'd go back to see it at Christmas.  The Downton Abbey exhibit is there now too!  Still playing pickelball, walking and bike riding.  We've really been enjoying our fire pit too.  There's always something going on, just got a New Year's Eve Party invite today!  Busy, busy & busy!!!!  

Occasional Contributor

LLT1--Life on the coast is good and busier than I thought it would be.  I told DH that we weren't doing anything this weekend, just walking or biking, no socializing!!!!! I need to decompress!!  It sounds like LaLexi & Lucas had a great Halloween, Halloween is for children!!!!  We're crazy down here!!!  Are you and DH still planning to move to be near DD & family?  I know you'll love being near them!

Viva--I always heard the price of propane gas is expensive.  WIe have natural gas for our HWH, cooking, fireplace, grill and fire pit.  Our heat is a heat pump and our bills haven't been bad, it doesn't get as cold here in the southeast and as long as the heat pump doesn't go into emergency heat, it doesn't get expensive.  We had natural gas heat in Virginia.

Justjazzmo--Congratulations on DS's marriage!  I know he was engaged but didn't know the wedding was so close.  

Catwhisperer--I'm so sorry you're having a hard time.  I remember when my father passed away, it was hard on my mother, she was only 54 and hated being alone.  Is there a local support group you can join?  Sorry if you're getting e-mails from someone you don't want to get e-mails.  Blocking them would be a good thing to do.

SISD--It sounds like you enjoyed Halloween.  Did you have a good visit with you DS?  Happy Belated Birthday to her!  Sorry to hear that Snardy is not feeling well.  I think that's why I'm doing as much as I can, while I can, time is limited!

Katte--It seems like Christmas is coming earlier and earlier every year!  I has in the grocery last week and they were playing Xmas songs!  We're going to VA for Thanksgiving, so we'll decorate when we get back.

MM--Keep walking!  Do what you can, little by little!  Unfortunately it never gets any easier, as active as I am I still have to pace myself and be careful, not to over do it as I will pay the price of being too tired or my back or knees will hurt.  Now I know what they mean my "youth is wasted on the young"!  I was playing pickleball today and some macho man said to "play through the pain"!  No way, if it hurts I stop doing it!  I'm a baby!  I do hope DH's surgery goes well!

Formerly Hayfield is signing off for now!

Honored Contributor

hello all

coastal, good to see you (hayfield)

not much here, just a check in.

ok will try to get back on later.

Trusted Contributor

HI EVERYONE

We just got back from Tucson.  I had a follow up appt with my cardiologist.  My visit went very well.  We  went to Costco and of course walked out with a 200.00 receipt, but that's pretty normal for us.  I got a spiral cut ham at Costco.  I had bought one before and they are good.  We had lunch at In and Out Burger and then headed for home.  I'm just going to relax the rest of the day.  Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend.  Smiley Happy  Hayfield it was nice hearing from you,

Honored Contributor

Good Early Evening,

@katte , so glad your cardio visit went well. Yep, 200 dollars seems to be about the rate we all spend on a trip to Costco!

@viva923 , for what's its worth, I don't blame you one bit for not liking how your DH is being treated. Sadly it will probably get worse before better, as they don't seem to care what they do at this point. It seems to be the hardest on you, and I'm sorry for that...

@CoastalLover , well, it will take me a bit to get used to your new nic! I wonder why it shows you with only 3 posts? Seems like my count stayed the same when I changed mine a while back. Christmas at the Biltmore! How nice is that! Looking forward to hearing all about it (I wish you could post pictures!). Sounds like your life is busy and fun as usual, and you already have New Years Eve plans! Like I've said before...I live vicariously through you. So happy to see your post!

@LTT1 , sorry, you're not feeling well. I'm glad you took a break from your chiropractor and just continuing with exercises. I took a quick glance at the Younique site. It opened to someone selling products for her class? I'll check again when I have more time. Beautiful picture of the Silver Maple!

@JustJazzmom , I ordered a couple items from the blowout sale from the Q weeks ago. I'm still waiting for them to be shipped. I tried cancelling, but it won't let me online. I did receive a few things I ordered recently this week. Go figure.....

I haven't been sleeping well. I always have trouble when the time changes. We've decided to order in tonight. We just can't agree on what!😊

Wishing everyone great rest of the evening and a happy, healthy weekend!😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  Yesterday UPS said items were shipping in an email & today I found out it was 2 of the 3 new WKs & a moss crepe S/S top. I am still waiting for a print Linea top in almond & a black tank to ship from 10/29.

I had 6 items on 1 order.

Shipping has been terrible from that time frame of 10/29 - 10/31.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much tonight.

just a pop in.

went to eat at my favorite place, let them know we'll not be back till dh mess at work is ever straightened out.

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much here. just stopping by.

got dh off to work this mor at 430am, then i did vac of baths/kitchen and mopped them. i just saw that warm bed all made up and said to myself, got to go back to bed. got up at730am,  

it is cold outside. light wind, suppose to warm up till tuesday when bottom drops out again and even colder weathr sets in for a few days.

not much else. after i got up at 730am vac the whole house rug. listening to radio going to watch t.v. in a bit. clothes in dryer.

ok guys that is all for now, 

Honored Contributor

hello all

not much going on here.

went to church, came home and had a warm dinner. Dh was able to make it home for a little bite to eat with me tonight.

not much else going on. Showers done, wash and dryer doing its thing.

ok guys tomorrow

Honored Contributor

19369BCE-C5B2-4B43-A3A4-896BCA0FDC9D.jpeg

~H~