Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

@viva923 , I’ve misplaced my glasses so many times, so I have several pair readers just in case. I’m sure yours will turn up in the most unlikely place. Mine always do. Thanks for the update on your DSIL. You’re all in my prayers....

@MariotaMurielle , I know I’m late on weighing in on your outfits for the reunion. I don’t dress up much at all any more either. For our anniversary last year, we went to Vegas and I wore a pair Linea black sequin pants and a white silk top. Your outfits sound perfect to me and something Id wear too!

@LTT1 , thank you for the broccoli salad recipe! Sounds yummy and healthy! I think you mentioned your appt. with your GI doctor went well? That’s great news!

@katte , I haven’t had good luck finding a book club that works for me. I think I’ll try our library too! I’ve heard great things about the book your club is reading...

@snardy , I was so happy to see your post! Congratulations and how proud you must be of your DGD. I would be bragging too! How’s your weather? Were you able to host your book club? We’ve had constant rain lately. Today is beautiful. I can’t imagine snow! Take care, my dear friend!

@Hayfield , I think you said you’d be back today from your trip. I’ve missed you! Can’t wait to hear all about it!

My sister is driving out for the weekend. I’m waiting for my DH to come back from taking Max for a walk and then we’re going to the market. I’m looking so forward to a relaxing weekend. My brother and his wife may come for a while tomorrow too. We got bad news this week my DSIL has been diagnosed with early stage Parkinson’s....😢

Have a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend Everyone!

~H~
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD

🤦🏼‍♀️ I’m so very sorry. 😰
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MariottaMuriel

Sounds like your knee is good to go for shopping!

Did you all read about the beef recall?
If you would like to read a thread i started, it is in “Fashion — 60’s Fab Fun” Or something like that!
I will post a link...today is Bob Dylan’s Birthday...78 years 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/Fabulous-60-s-Fun/td-p/5481333

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@SleeplessinSD ...I am so sorry that you received sad news about your DSIL.

It seems many of us are getting a lot of sad news lately. Smiley Sad

I attended DH's PT session today to observe. He is getting stronger and actually did very well. He is very anxious to come home tomorrow.

@Puddles .....thank you! It seems many of us could use hugs right now. (((Hugs ))) all around.Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Trusted Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  I was sorry to hear about your DSIL.  Sending thoughts, prayers and hugs to you and your family. 

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  Sorry to hear of your DSIL’s diagnosis.

@catwhisperer  Glad your DH is getting stronger & anxious to be back home.

@MariotaMurielle good for you walking without pain now!

@viva923  Sounds like your DSIL is improving.

Had a busy day. Visited with success a large outdoor furniture family owned store that has the rivets & correct size metal slats that can be put together as a grid to replace the grid now holding up the tete a tete chairs’ cushions. They will get back to me on Monday or soon after & let me know when they have everything. All I need are the additional springs to attach to the rivet & slats. I have a few that I’ve used to replace rusted ones, but I need more. Not sure if it will be 3 or 4 slats side to side. On the front to back, it would be 4 slats. The guy who is one of the sons is going to look & see if it’s 4 & 4 or 4 & 3. Once I get everything, I will ask the contractor to stop by to drill the holes on the sides. 

Tonight we are heading out to dinner & tomorrow I will broil some steak for us. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

tonight i retraced my steps for my lost glasses. NOPE no glasses. Still can’t find them

met up with DD dinner was not pleasant. She is a ball of knots, temper is on edge. When she gets like this she cuts you in two .

not much else, warm tonight.

ok tomorrow guys.

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  I'm sorry to  read the sad news about your DSIL. Keeping you all in prayer.

Image result for sending thoughts and prayers images

“A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.” Winnie-the-Pooh
Honored Contributor

hello all,

i am so sorry Sleep for not thinking of you during your time of hurting. 

Not much going on here. Attended church tonight then out to eat at our favorite eating spot. Drove home. Showers taken, 1 load done in dryer, 1 in washer, 1 wait for next load.

ok guys see all tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

DH is now home and in hospice care. We are on an hour by hour, day by day basis. He is comfortable and glad to be home. Kitty boy is watching over him constantly. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.