Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

Keeping you in my thoughts today @catwhisperer .

Another sunny day here & today is our school budget vote. We may go out to see Tolkein at the movies today.

Have a good day all.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

OH CAT, I am so sorry to hear of this news. sending prayers your way to give you strength to give courage and guidance during this most diffcult time.

sheet day today, last load in dryer ready to fold.

did get walk in this morn. wow did it ever cool down overnight. a good NW breeze, and ever so cool and comfortable. windows open and enjoying the fresh air.

ok guys later.

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, I'm so sorry. I will pray that he is comfortable and at peace. Please take care of yourself, I hope you are getting some rest. 

Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer 

Prayers for mercy, grace, peace and comfort for you and DH. You’re my friend and I love you. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HI EVERYONE

I contacted our local library regarding info on book clubs.  They have a group that meets at the library once a month to discuss the book they are reading and the new book they are reading is called  "All the light you cannot see" by Anthony Doerr.  Have any of you read this book?  It sounds very interesting.  I don't know much about book clubs, but do most of them allow about a month to read the book and do they meet more often than once a month to discuss it?  

Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

I cannot begin without expressing my thoughts to dear Catwhisperer.  My heart is aching for you Catwhisperer. I pray that you and your DH will be at peace. I’m so sorry you don’t have friends or relatives who can help you. You are a very strong woman but that doesn’t take away the hurt. Love and prayers to you.  

Our house guests left yesterday and we had a very nice celebration for our DGD who graduated college with a degree in chemical engineering. She received 10 honor sashes. Pardon my bragging!  

We we woke up this morning to several feet of snow. Yes, snow! It is a heavy, wet snow and our trees are bent over. DH is out there now checking for damage and to see if we can get out of the driveway. I have to get out as I am hosting book club Thursday and I need to get the food and drinks. In the worst case, I’ll have to reschedule. We are supposed to get more snow tonight. 

SleeplessinSD, I’m so happy that your DH doesn’t need surgery at this time. How are your sis and brother doing? And how are YOU doing? Are you still feeling tired? I feel tired all the time. I sure wish I had Hayfield’s energy! 😀 Take good care. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. 💕🙏🏻

Katte, I’m glad you had a good trip. How have you been feeling? In our book club, we meet once a month. We read the book and the next month we discuss it. I really enjoy it. 

Viva, it would be wonderful if you could go to Alaska! Has your rainy weather cleared up any ?

RetRN, always nice to hear from you. 

Hello to Hayfield, JJM, MM, LTT1, and all our other friends. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 ....just for info, DH has not died yet.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

Waving Hi! Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and caring.

I am working closely with hospice and they are being very helpful. I will be attending a meeting at the nursing home tomorrow unless something unexpected comes up in the meantime.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

@katte wrote:

HI EVERYONE

I contacted our local library regarding info on book clubs.  They have a group that meets at the library once a month to discuss the book they are reading and the new book they are reading is called  "All the light you cannot see" by Anthony Doerr.  Have any of you read this book?  It sounds very interesting.  I don't know much about book clubs, but do most of them allow about a month to read the book and do they meet more often than once a month to discuss it?  

@katte, I read that book. I love historical fiction and have read several books of similar subject matter. I thought the book was very good, but be prepared: it is extremely sad.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

hey y'all. I see@snardy is getting several feet of snow and we're having a heat wave. it was 90 today and very humid. it appears we've jumped right into mid-summer. such weird weather. I hope any of you in the midwest and east are safe from that terrible storm system moving east.

I planted 2 kinds of lettuce seeds today. I know I'm about 3 or 4 weeks late planting for summer lettuce, but I've planted lettuce seeds this late before and had good results. hopefully by July I'll be eating home-grown salads.

@snardy, I know you are so proud of that amazing granddaughter of yours. what an accomplishment. she'll have a very bright future. congratulations!

@catwhisperer, very special prayers and hugs for you. you are a strong woman and although this is so hard, you will get through it. Heart

sending big blessings to all.

here's another shrimp boat sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, ocean, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich