Respected Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

Good Morning!--The breakfast we went to yesterday morning was nice and then we went to the grocery store, then came home and did a few things around the house, went to the pool for an hour or so later in the afternoon.  We got some fresh yellowfin tuna and I marinated and we grilled it last night and it was good.  Today we got up early and took our walk before it got too hot, then I made breakfast, I usually make breakfast on Sunday morning.  I'm leaving for VA tomorrow so I'm doing all the laundry and then packing.  On Tuesday we get an early bus for NYC!!  I've checked the weather in NYC and it's going to be nice and not too hot, yay!  We have tickets to My Fair Lady at Lincoln Center on Wednesday, we head back to VA on Thursday and then I get up early on Friday and drive back to NC.  I'm seeing my DD for dinner tomorrow and then staying with my friend that I'm going to NYC.  I'm not looking forward to the drive to VA, it will take at least 6 hours.  I got all my CDs in the car ready to sing along as I drive.  

Respected Contributor

SISD--I don't have as much energy as I would like to have but I try to keep moving!  

Catwhisperer--I'm sorry you don't have friends for family that you can lean on during this difficult time, it must be very stressful and lonely for you.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning all! It looks like we are finally out of that chance of rain everyday in our forecast. Today will be sunny & temps in the 70’s. Not sure if  I am going to do the weekly sales food shopping or convince DH to see Tolkein. I am curious about the man who wrote The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings trilogy. Do you know he was friends with C.S. Lewis? He wrote The Lion, Witch & Wardrobe books.

@catwhisperer I am sorry that you are going through this alone. It is very stressful. Sending a gentle hug to you,

@Hayfield  Enjoy your visit to NYC & VA with your friend & DD. We have the Sirius XM in the car & we love the selection of music & news offered. 

@SleeplessinSD Yes, there is never just 1 of something! 

Thinking of those dealing with the severe storms in our Midwest.

Have a great Sunday all. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Justjazzmom--We too have Sirus in our new 2018 Highlander but I'm taking the 2011 Camry and it doesn't have all the latest stuff, just a radio and CD player.  DH suggested I take the Highlander but I'd rather drive the Camry and I'm looking forward to playing all my CD's.  DH & I have different taste in music.  We've always had one older car and one newer car and I'd rather drive the older car.  

Trusted Contributor

@catwhisperer  So sorry you are going through such a difficult time and I'm sure as you mentioned it is very stressful and draining on you.  I wish you had more family and friends for you to lean on.  Hugs and prayers to you both.  Take care of yourself the best you can. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield

Have a safe trip!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle

I hope you are feeling better?
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

We’ve ordered a pizza and are waiting to watch American Idol. I’ve been watching since @catwhisperer mentioned it a while back. Tonight’s the finale, and the contestants left are all good. I admit to having a favorite! Just wanted to stop in for a couple minutes. I hope everyone had a great day!

@Hayfield , safe travels and have a wonderful time seeing your DD and with your friend this week. I’m glad you’re taking a car you feel safest in, and I’m sure singing and listening to CD’s will make the six hours go by fast!😊

849D1AF7-295F-4083-8D3B-F05B0433ED75.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

hey all

Sleep, we have had the 2 pest companies for about 3 years. This is the 1st ant in the past 3 years. Tomorrow 1 company is coming to spray around the windows and ground base of house. We too found ants all over the kitchen counter about 3 yrs ago, came home to a mess. I called out the troop and got 2 companies.

today was that fashion show for the kidney foundation. It was to have begun at 2pm but didn’t begin till 3pm or so.

well guys see all tomorrow

Respected Contributor

hey friends. I woke up to thunder & lightning and pouring rain, but then it turned into a beautiful sunny day. I checked on my gardens and everything is growing really well, but it was too hot and humid to stay outside for very long.

I made a roasted turkey breast & dressing with my special cranberry sauce for supper. we'll have leftovers and turkey sandwiches for a few days. yay for half a week of no cooking Smiley Happy

I haven't been sick (thanks for your well-wishes) but I've just been feeling really, really tired and my knee is still bothering me. I know all this will be better with time.

I've been working on putting together two outfits for our class reunion that's coming up in about 3 weeks. it will be (unbelievably) our 50th! I cannot really even fathom that 1969 was 50 years ago. how can that be possible? I always dread class reunions but almost always end up having a good time. anyway, it's going to be a 2 evening event. I have an outfit for the first night (which will be casual) that I feel pretty good about. I have something for the 2nd night, which will be dressier, but I can't decide if it's the right kind of thing or not since we rarely go to dressy events. it's an ivory silk blouse with black piping around the neckline and the bottom of the sleeves. it has a simple scoop neck and elbow length sleeves. I have black ankle length pants with a tiny slit at the ankle and black peep-toe sandals with about a 2 inch heel. I don't do high heels. does that sound appropriate?

sending blessings to all and special hugs to @catwhisperer .

here's my favorite shrimp boat in Biloxi back bay just after sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, night, outdoor and water

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich