Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

hey all

dh and i spray under the house and aaround the house today. found a live ant in bath sink. that is one to many. have one of the 2 pest control places coming on monday to spray outside of house. also put those liquid dish ant traps underneath the house too. hope this stops them fast. all the rain we have been having has contributed to the many problems.

not to much going on here. got many chores done today. dh did errands too today. tomorrow dh and i are going to a fashion show at golf club . it is benefit the kidney foundation.

well guys will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Be sure to caulk around the tub area & where the floor & wall tiles meet @viva923 

You can also wipe vinegar along the area you see them as the vinegar destroys their scent trails. Usually you will a few ‘scouts’ at night in search of food or water.

Lazy day today. Cleaned the nyger seed tube feeder before pouring fresh seed in again.

It’s sunny & no humidity. I’ll take it.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

DH is now in a nursing home temporarily. After he is released from there, he will go into hospice care.

My focus now is where will I go after he passes. A few relatives and so called "friends" have made it very clear that they have no interest in having a roommate, that they like living alone. I totally understand. I prefer to live alone myself.

I do not want to be a part of the widow thread on these boards and sit around day after day grieving for decades. Life goes on. If I got through my son committing suicide, then I can get through this too.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer 

Friends and family can be difficult. My prayers will include finding a quiet, beautiful place for you to live with the fur kids. 

Your intuition, faith and friends here will keep you close to their hearts. As will I.

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@catwhisperer 

Friends and family can be difficult. My prayers will include finding a quiet, beautiful place for you to live with the fur kids. 

Your intuition, faith and friends here will keep you close to their hearts. As will I.

@butterfly123 ...thank you. Some family members and friends seem to be in denial and can't deal with this, so they just stay away and don't have any contact with me. I understand. It's hard. Everyone deals with these things in their own way. I feel so alone and am having a hard time dealing with decisions, but I will get through this. Again, thank you so much for caring.Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

hey all

Cats,, i wish i could reach out and give you a hug. So little I can do to help you during this most hard time.

will call the bug company that comes into my house to spray on Monday.  I have one company for outside and one company for inside.

not to much else going on tonight. Went to church out to eat , drove home,showers done, wash is doing its thingy and dryer doing its thingy.

ok guys see all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer , I read your post(s) over and over and I wish I could offer some comforting words. As I’ve mentioned, it hurts my heart you’re dealing with so much alone. I do think you’re right in taking things a day at a time. I really believe things always have a way of working out the way they should. Right now, your DH is receiving the best of care. Your health is very important too, so take good care of yourself and know all your friends here care very much. You and your DH remain, as always, in my thoughts and prayers.🙏❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

@viva923 , a few years back, we started noticing ants here and there in our kitchen. We got pest control, and we haven’t had a problem since. I agree, there’s never just “one” ant!😊

@Hayfield , Wow, doing laps in the pool for 30 minutes and walking to and from..good for you! I’m so jealous of all your energy. You’re an inspiration to us all!

@MariotaMurielle , I hope you’re feeling better..let us know!

@snardy , I hope you’re doing well, dear friend. I’m thinking of you...💕

Waving Hi to Katte, RetRN, JustJazzMom, Loves, AuntG and all our friends. I hope everyone had a happy, healthy weekend!😊❤️

~H~
Honored Contributor

I'm sure there will be a lot of adjustments, but you sound like you are prepared to face the future @catwhisperer . I hate to see you have to go it alone and hope family and friends would be more helpful. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer, I feel sad about what you are going through, it is never easy to deal with loss. I think you are stronger than you give yourself credit for and that things will work out for you as far as what the future holds. You definitely find out who your friends are during times like this.