Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

@MariotaMurielle  Maybe your neighbors are away? Hopefully they will get in touch with you soon. Hope you managed to get back to sleep.

I was up early as I wasn’t sure when the sprinkler person would come to turn on our system. So after breakfast, I started to do the crabgrass preventer as we had rain forecast later today. Halfway through, he showed up. I finished putting it down & about half hour after that, the rain moved in. Already an inch has fallen. 

I did our weekly shopping list (tomorrow’s errand) & will finish folding the clothes from yesterday’s dryer run. Our washing machine has been behaving itself lately & spinning out properly.

We have hoisin basted pork chops for tonight. 

Enjoy your vacation to Ireland & England @snardy

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

really quiet afternoon.

I did get my walk in and picked up mail. talked with mail man briefly today and walked home.

sun finally came out.

rain is happening north of philly. oh oh, just heard is is moving into northern Delaware now.

well guys will talk with you later.

Honored Contributor

Well I am not all that exciting today!

We got pictures and videos to look at over the weekend!

DHs 2nd eye surgery is Thursday at 1pm.

I have been researching stuff like crazy for my auroimmune condition and it is improving. YAY🎉 

I am (so far) very happy with collagen in all forms...bovine and marine. My facial structure looks more lifted and my IBS seems to be resolved.

This is a yay for me.

Watched American Idol @SleeplessinSD 

The voting was held last night, same as performances...the “Disney” show!

@MariotaMurielle 

L’Ange: tried the salt water spray styling product your DD recommended. I am so impressed!  DH complimented me today on the back of my hair which is usually where “problems” occur! This is really great in my book!

Hope you all have a nice evening!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 , I’m so glad all your “research” has helped and most important, you’re feeling better. Where do you get your collagen supplement..HSN? You take both bovine and marine? I’m sure your DH, and you, will be glad when all is over with his eye surgeries. I hope he does as well with this next one too!👁

@viva923 , Im sorry your DGD was alone for Easter. Being far away makes getting together so hard. I’m sure it was nice having DD host, sounds like you had a nice time. I Lol when you mentioned Judge Judy.😊

@catwhisperer , so glad you got your walk in at least yesterday. Looks like we’ll have nice weather the rest of the week..take care!

@MariotaMurielle , I will keep my fingers crossed for you to come up with a fair settlement with your neighbor. I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this. I’m glad your DD felt better after arriving and you were able to spend time together. I hope you caught up on sleep. I feel your pain.😉

@snardy , I’m sorry to hear your DH was rear ended and so glad he wasn’t hurt. I wish people that text and drive would realize, too, how dangerous it can be. I’m so happy for you to be celebrating your birthday next week in Santa Fe. Sounds like so much fun. Take good care, dear friend, and be well.💕

@katte , sounds like you had a nice relaxing Easter and a yummy dinner! I like all the flowers your DH planted foryou. I have marigolds and lantana in my garden too!😊

@Hayfield , I hope you made it back safe from your trip. What are you up to this week?

@JustJazzmom , I’m so glad you got your yard work done before it rained!

Our DS came by today and took us to lunch. He brought us back some nice gifts from his trip. My DH especially liked a 30 year bottle of Port he got for him. My sister has some tests later this week, including an ultrasound..I’m praying all turns out good. Waving Hi to you all. I hope everyone had a good day!😊❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--It sounds like everyone had a nice Easter!  We left at 7 am as planning on Friday and made it safely ahead of any storms by 2:30, we did stop for breakfast.  The traffic wasn't too bad considering it was Easter weekend and it only took an extra hour or so.  We took our dear friends out to dinner to celebrate his 65th birthday and their DS was in town and our DD and her fiance joined us.  I finally got to see DD's ring and it is pretty, the round diamond is 1.5 carats in a platinum setting, very simple but the diamond speaks for itself!  Nice!  I worn my mother's wedding ring, I usually wear it since it's a very simple, very thin band with very tiny diamond chips in it!  My parents got married in 1947 and didn't have much money.  My DD was eyeing the ring, asked if she could try it on and liked it and asked if she could have it as her wedding ring.  I told her I would be happy to give it to her.  My mother gave me the ring to wear years before she passed away so I'll pass it on to her.  

Respected Contributor

I thought I'd break my posts up since sometimes I hit a wrong button and they disappear!  On Saturday we went out to our favorite vineyard with DD to have lunch and had a nice afternoon with just her.  On Saturday evening we went out to dinner with friends that we always would go to the vineyards and went to California on vacation a few years ago.  They're going to Ireland and Scotland in July.  I told DH we have to get our passports and plan a trip to Europe.  I'd like to get there before I get too old to enjoy it!  Sunday we had Easter dinner with our friends and we left early Monday morning, driving until we got to Wilmington and then stopped and had a nice lunch/dinner at one our our favorite restaurants on the riverfront. 

Respected Contributor

SISD--It sounds like you had a nice Easter and that DS and his family had a nice trip!  Has your DGD started looking at colleges yet?  I can't remember how old she is, I remember you talking about her learning to drive, so she's at least 16, nearing that college age!

Justjazzmom--I love to dip my biscotti in wine and/or coffee!  Glad that DH's checkup went well.  

Viva--When DS was in school out in Seattle he usually found someone to invite him over for the holiday dinner when he couldn't make it home.

MM--Trying to find supplement health insurance policies must be confusing.  DH's regular health insurance automatically becomes his supplemental health insurance now that he's on Medicare.  It will be the same for me.  The premiums are higher but if we "opt out" of it and get something else we can't opt back in, so we're staying with it.  The perscription part is already included in his health insurance so we don't have to pick up part D.  

LLT1--I'm sure DH's surgery on Thursday will go just as smoothly as his first!

Snardy--Your trip sounds wonderful!

Honored Contributor

hey all

hay your posts today were most enjoyable

busy day here. sheet day for me. down to 2 load now. summer sheet wear is so much less and easier to do less is better.

did get my walk in.

not much else will check in later.

pot roast for dinner tonight.

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon! Just stopping in for a bit before I head to the grocery store 

@Hayfield  what a beautiful gesture giving your Mom’s ring to your daughter! 

@SleeplessinSD  sounds like you had a great visit with your son plus great souvenirs! 🍷

@LTT1  I bet your DH is looking forward to having Gort vision in the other eye soon.

@viva923 Today is unseasonably warm & we flipped on the A/C. This time of year we alternate between heat & A/C.

Landscape folks came & dug out the azalea. I replanted a juniper there, same as the ones there already. They dug out my rose & put it in a pot; dug out the ‘Yuki Cherry Blossom’ deutzia which had overgrown the allotted space & I planted the ‘June’ hosta that was in front of it to where it was. 

I have a lady fern I threw into the ground last fall & today I dug it out & replanted it deeper. 

I was so perspired after planting & digging up those 3 things.

Now to shower before I visit the grocery store. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone,

It sounds like everyone had a nice Easter. It’s cool here today but the sun is out. I hope it is nice in Santa Fe next week.

Hayfield, what a beautiful thing to do! Giving your daughter your Mother’s ring will always mean so much to her. 

I don’t know what is going on with my iPad with the size and font changing. 

This Friday is our yearly cancer fundraiser. I donated a Dooney and Bourke purse for the silent auction. I sure hope it brings in a lot of money. 

SleeplessinSD, dear friend, I’m sorry you still are so tired. I am keeping your family in my prayers. I hope your sister’s tests turn out well. Take care!🙏🏻💕

Time to get back to my chores. Just popped in to say hi. Waving hi to everyone else and blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb