Honored Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

hello all

on 2nd load wash, am down to last 10 min’s.just used 1 all pod tonight. Will see what happens when i get to that last 5-6 min’s. Hope it works. Washed a quick light wgt load (good clothes from church—worked a-ok).

church, went to green turtle for dinner tonight, way to long of wait time over 30 min’s. We have our grandson tonight, so we went to bob Evans, he got his pancakes, he was pleased.

clouds finally cleared away for a clear night, could see lots of star formations tonight.

ok guys that is about all for now, see all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Good evening! Today I brought in all exterior decorations except the lights tied to the porch rails. The ornaments went into their storage box & we took the tree apart. I sealed it and slid it down the stairs before putting it away in our utility room. Even the table with the screw in legs fit sideways under our tool bench. Our living room is back to normal again!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--Took our morning walk yesterday, it was a little windy but sunny.  Today, it's going to be in the high 60's so we're heading to the beach, we're just goint to walk along the beach, not going swimming!!!!  It's hard to believe but we haven't been to the beach since we moved to NC at the end of May, first it was too hot, humid & crowded and then the hurricane hit and then the house was ready and we were busy getting settled, then getting ready for Xmas.  I told DH the other day, we're going to walk along the beach on a nice day and today's the day!!!!!!   I hope that everyone has a great day!

Respected Contributor

Justjazzmom--It is a good feeling to have the house back to "normal" after putting the Xmas decorations away.  I thought I'd feel a little sad, I usually am after all the excitement of the holidays but I think this year was so hectic I was glad it was over.  I've never looked forward to January & February either, growing up in PA and living in VA but I'm anxious to see how living in NC in the winter months is.  

Respected Contributor

SISD, Mochahoney & Viva--I have one of the newer washer/dryers, top loading, no agitator but I don't use the pods, I still use the liquid, just fill to the Max line on the dispenser and push a button and I let it go.  The new W/D I just bought does have a deep wash button and I use it for bigger loads and I do use it for towels & sheets but I like to do small loads of laundry.  I don't have a problem with it, so far!  I do know that you're no suppose to use too much detergent in these new machines, so I just follow the instructions.  I think my clothes come out clean.  

Respected Contributor

Lol...the topic of washing machines 😂.
Yes, I agree, doesn't like much detergent. Its because it doesn't use much water, unless you set to bedding. I dont use pods anyway, I adjust the liquid detergent accordingly. Then set cycles to whatever I'm washing...sometimes, extra heavy, or deep water wash. I still always have to be on standby. One time, I had a few towels in it, and it began to spin and bang so loud...I ran over, and found the washer about a foot off the wall!! Thankfully I stopped it in time, because I know the hoses would've pulled loose, and nice flood. I think without the center agitator it throws everything to one side, and off balance. I wrote into Maytag...with no helpful response.
Although its brand new, I hope it breaks, so I can get an old fashioned model...WITH KNOBS!!
You ladies sound like a nice group of people here..very nice to chat with you all.
I just came back from a nice walk with my 9 month Lab, at a gorgeous park that runs around the intracoastal...71 degrees, bright sunshine..here in Florida. Take care everyone...take time to enjoy!!!
Honored Contributor

hey guys

Hello Dazling. nice to meet you. am new to this group too.

i think i found the pod that goes well with my washer. All powecore pods. suds just enough and rinses out well. have found the fountain of youth for my washer LOLOLOLOL. dh got me 3 small bags this morn of the All powecore's. clothes smell clean, no more over suddings, have used it several times and so far so good.

as i think I said the other night, the washer was so over filled with suds it just went into shut down mode.

not much else, have to get my afternoon walk in. 

sunny, but very windy today.  OK guys later.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone--

Another busy day here, but had to try to catch up with everyone.  Your washing machine stories are funny for those of us that aren't having a problem.  My DS has an LG or Samsung non-agitator set, and I've used it several times when we visited.  It is a deep drum and I have trouble getting the clothes on the bottom.  That said, I love that set.  Mine does have an agitator, is front loading Samsung and I have no complaints, except that I didn't get the pedestals and I have to get on my knees to get things out of the washer and dryer.Smiley Sad  I won't make that mistake again.  I guess I could probably still make that purchase, but we plan to move in a year or two and probably won't be moving that set with us.

I sure enjoy reading about your activities and love seeing the pictures.  I can't get here very often, so am delightful when I do.

Enjoy the 2nd week of 2019, hope it has been wonderful so far and continues to be so.

I have so many year-end and new year things to get done quickly, so I can't afford to let any grass grow under my feet.  Need to keep moving along, as not to get too far behind.

Hope everyone is feeling good and has a blessed week.

Thank you all again for your wonderful little stories.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Dazlin, I've heard too many appliance horror stories on these boards. Glad my 2005 Whirlpool washer and dryer keep plugging away. Washer has four basic cycles (pre soak, heavy duty, permanent press, gentle) but that's enough for us. Dryer is equally simple. 

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--We went to the beach yesterday afternoon and it was just beautiful, in the low 70's.  There were many other people at the beach too, families, people with their dogs.  It's nice that from the beginning of November until the end of February parking is free.  We hope to get to the beach again, if it's a warm day like yesterday.  We're hoping for a warm week day to see if it's less crowded.  I'm interviewing a cleaning lady today, she's my next door neighbor's cleaning lady, she was going to come last week but wasn't feeling well.  I'm getting a pedicure today, it's overdue since I didn't get a chance to go over the holidays.  I hope that everyone has a great day!