Respected Contributor

Re: “2019” 60’s Ladies & Everyone~Please Join Us!

sending big blessings to all.

here's a blue Ocean Springs sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, ocean, twilight, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Stopping in for just a minute. I’m still not feeling well, so I’ve been down the last couple days. I’m hoping tomorrow is better. @LTT1, yes, it’s viral😉. We need to get Christmas things put away. DH started, but it will take both of us. I hope everyone had a good day!

Heres to a happy, healthy year ahead for all of us!😊❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--We had such a nice time with our friends yesterday, they came over around 5 and we "watched" the Rose Bowl.  We were talking a lot, so not much watching the game.  Our friends are originally from Ohio, so I thought they'd be Ohio State fans, but they aren't.  DD boyfriend went to Ohio State and DS went to UW.  I made Italian roast beef sandwhiches and my friend brought dessert.  After the game we sat outside by the firepit for about an hour.  It was almost too warm to have a fire!!!  It's been unseaonable warm here and a little humid.  I got a text earlier in the day from friends that bought the lot on our street but aren't building for a few years, anyway, they came down to visit their DS who's stationed at Fort Bragg and are coming down to our area tomorrow and wanted to know if they could stop and say hello.  I invited them to stay overnight and they accepted.  We were going to take down our Christmas decorations but since they're coming we'll take them down after they leave.  I have to get the bedroom DS was using ready, the sheets are in the dryer right now.  I also need to figure out something for dinner tomorrow night.  Oh, and I got into this pickleball group and I'm playing pickleball today from 12-2.  I either have too little going on or too much!  I'm sure we're all trying to get back to "normal" after the holidays!

Respected Contributor

Justjazzmom & Katte--We always watch some of the Twilight Zone too!  We were watching one yesterday morning and I know it's one I never saw.  DH laughs at me because at the beginning of one of the episodes I'll say I can't remember ever seeing it but by the end I remember it but even by the end of the one I saw yesterday, I told him, never saw that one!!  My favorite one is the one with Elizabeth Montgomery, where her older self is chasing her younger self on a horse, trying to catch up with, trying to warn her about the choice she made.  

Justjazzmom--My friend brought over a bottle of Prosecco yesterday and some cranberry juice and when you put the two together you make a drink called a Poinsettia!  You might have heard of it but I never did and it was good!

Respected Contributor

SISD--Sorry to hear that you're not feeling better yet.  Stay in bed and get some rest, the decorations will be there for you and DH to take down when you're feeling better!  DD sent a picture from Lake Como!  I asked her if George Clooney invited her over but she said they were at the other end of the lake, guess where he lives is not accessible to the general public.  She comes back tomorrow.  

Katte--I do miss the snow but I'd like it only to snow once, then I'd be done with wanting snow!

Respected Contributor

Auntg--I think that sometimes it's hard to adjust to retirement, after working so long for so many years but you've earned this time to do what you want, so what if you're not as productive as when you were working, no big deal. Enjoy!

Mochahoney--We usually take down our decorations the day after New Year but we'll wait until our friends leave, wasn't expecting company but so excited that they're coming!  DH always was in a hurry to take down the outside decorations because it was usually pretty cold but it was in the 70's yesterday and it will be in the 60's the rest of the week, so he's OK with leaving them up a couple of extra days.  We didn't put up as much, less is more is my new motto!

Trusted Contributor

HI EVERYONE

It is snowing pretty good right now.  It even snowed in Tucson yesterday!   

@SleeplessinSD  Sorry you aren't feeling very well.  Stay warm and rest.  We still have our decorations up and don't plan to take them down until this weekend.  

Respected Contributor

good morning friends. last night was the first night since my surgery that I didn't sleep well. I couldn't get my knee comfortable and DH started out being very quiet and then every once in a while he'd let out one of those loud snorts that startled me wide awake just as I was beginning to drift into sleep. Smiley Happy . I was up wandering around the house at 1am, but then remembered my ear plugs, so I finally did get some sleep.

yesterday we got all missions accomplished. the Christmas tree and wreaths were taken down and put away. I put up plain red berry wreaths on the front door and the garage/kitchen door. the front door wreath has "fairy lights" on a timer, so I have it set to light up just as it's getting dark here.

and I made a big pot of delicious vegetable beef soup and cornbread with DH acting as my sous chef Smiley Happy

@SleeplessinSD, I wish I could send you some of my soup. it would make you feel better. rest and get well.

hi and blessings to all.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

hello all

mighty active group over new years.

DH watched some of that twilight zone stuff. he was watching it last night. that show scared the garbage out of me, outer limits was even worse. I will not watch either show to this day.

not much today. got chores finished, did 2 loads of laundry. folded 1 load 2nd one waiting.

made up some chicken salad for tonight's dinner. dh is going to be late. he has to bring his car into dealership (where we purchased our cars over 9 yrs ago), for oil change. he is very faithful every 5 thousand miles oil is changed.

ok guys that is all for now.

will check in later.

do hope you feel better sleep

Honored Contributor

Good afternoon everyone! 

So far no snow! We are warmer today with no winds. I had the plumber over to change out the shower body cartridge which was starting to go & drip intermittently. It’s much easier to turn it on now. 

I have never ever heard of a ‘Poinsettia’ but it sounds tasty. 

I need to do a grocery store run before I head out for boots search.

Coldcuts, milk & exchanging the light cream (must have been not properly sealed).

Sorry you couldn’t sleep well last night @MariotaMurielle & sorry you are still under the weather @SleeplessinSD

I started removing Christmas decorations from outside (the red bows on the railing posts). By the 6th, I will remove all the lights, wreath & move the little wooden reindeer into the garage.

The tree is another matter! Need help with that!

I feel like my days are mixed up due to the Holidays. 

Happy new year! 🎊 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼