Honored Contributor

Here is one from Terrain.  Made of zinc, it's about 18" x 18" and 4" deep.  But you would have to fill the drawers and I know that's not your intention.  It can be illuminated on top and is only $198.  Smiley Happy

terrain.JPG

Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Advent Calendars

[ Edited ]

Here's a cute one - only $34 with no drawers to fill.  You add to the woodland scene each day - there are 24 pieces.  It's from Terrain.

terrain1.JPGterrain2.JPGterrain3.JPG

Honored Contributor

I bought both of the L’Occitane advent calendars. I want to be surprised as I open them so I haven’t looked online to see what’s in them. 

I’m waiting for Clinique to come out with theirs. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

So many interesting options - thanks everyone for posting! 

Rec'd an email from Beekman yesterday with their Advent Calendar.  It's pricey $130 but their packaging is superb! It would make an impressive gift.

I am excited about the Holiday Bounty Box that will be the HSN TS a week from Tues on Nov 20th! Expect to pick up some gifts during that event as well as something for me. Fingers crossed for free shipping. Wish they would post a sneak peek. Enjoy the weekend Heart

The 2018 Beekman 1802 Advent Calendar

B1824GS-18-1.png

Unlock the doors to holiday magic.

Inspired by the “cabinets of curiosities" of the Renaissance, the drawers of our Advent Calendar have been packed with some of our favorite soaps, creams, and lip balms just waiting to be discovered. Each curious item is made with natural goat milk and the best of farm ingredients.

Whether using it to count down the days to your favorite winter holiday or experiencing it all at once, our cabinet of curiosities is guaranteed to get anyone into the holiday spirit. Each curio includes drawers packed with three travel-sized hand creams, four lip balms, four palm-sized bar soaps, and a cuticle treatment.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

So many interesting options - thanks everyone for posting! 

Rec'd an email from Beekman yesterday with their Advent Calendar.  It's pricey $130 but their packaging is superb! It would make an impressive gift.

I am excited about the Holiday Bounty Box that will be the HSN TS a week from Tues on Nov 20th! Expect to pick up some gifts during that event as well as something for me. Fingers crossed for free shipping. Wish they would post a sneak peek. Enjoy the weekend Heart

The 2018 Beekman 1802 Advent Calendar

B1824GS-18-1.png

Unlock the doors to holiday magic.

Inspired by the “cabinets of curiosities" of the Renaissance, the drawers of our Advent Calendar have been packed with some of our favorite soaps, creams, and lip balms just waiting to be discovered. Each curious item is made with natural goat milk and the best of farm ingredients.

Whether using it to count down the days to your favorite winter holiday or experiencing it all at once, our cabinet of curiosities is guaranteed to get anyone into the holiday spirit. Each curio includes drawers packed with three travel-sized hand creams, four lip balms, four palm-sized bar soaps, and a cuticle treatment.

@Chi-town girlThe current price is $150 for this.  It's also a limited edition of 150.  The description says that there are 24 products, but the picture is only showing 12.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo - thanks for the correction/addtl info for the Beekman Avent Calendar. $150 for 24 items is a better value but what about shipping.

Anticipating the Holiday Bounty Box will wow us Heart hope you are doing well! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

More reasons to Heart Trader Joe's and another one that I want...

*Important*: Trader Joe’s Is Launching Doggie Advent Calendars for Christmas 2018

If there are two things that get the masses excited, it's 1)thematic Advent calendars and 2) puppies. Welp, leave it to TJ's to capitalize on that formula—and bring us Advent calendars for dogs this season. Yup, you read that right: You can now buy your good old boy or girl a doggie treat-filled Advent calendar, so they can celebrate the month of December too.

As Delish reports, this juicy tidbit was revealed by Jon Basalone, president of stores, on recent episode of the Trader Joes podcast, Inside Trader Joe's. And while we don't have a date or details yet (tell us exactly what's inside!), we're pretty sure we'll love this offering just as much as Scruffy will. 

Psst, that's not all folks: On the same episode, the TJ's team revealed that between 150 and 200 specialty holiday products are headed to shelves soon. Amongst the most exciting? Bouche Noel ice cream logs, stuffing-flavored potato chips and boozy cheese. 

Happy holidays indeed. 

Limited stock for the Dog Advent Calendar - hit the stores this past week. The store manager told me it was a test run and it seems to have done well...I was lucky to score 3. Priced at $6. My store is sold out. They had some in the 'new items' section by the food sample table and some by the pet section.  They might get more. I hope next year they order more and how about a kitty version!

63227-advent-calendar-for-dogs.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Linmo - thanks for the correction/addtl info for the Beekman Avent Calendar. $150 for 24 items is a better value but what about shipping.

@Chi-town girl  I'm doing well, but live close to the CA wildfires.  We have heavy smoke in our area.  I am not in danger but feel very sad for everyone who has been affected.

Honored Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl  I'm doing well, but live close to the CA wildfires.  We have heavy smoke in our area.  I am not in danger but feel very sad for everyone who has been affected.

@Linmo - heavy heart. ..shocked to read people trying to escape were trapped in their cars and did not make it out Woman Sad the entire town of Paradise burned down. There are no words...puts alot into perspective.  I'm glad you and your family is safe and I hope they get all of those fires contained quickly. Keep us posted please Heart

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Linmo - heavy heart. ..shocked to read people trying to escape were trapped in their cars and did not make it out Woman Sad the entire town of Paradise burned down. There are no words...puts alot into perspective.  I'm glad you and your family is safe and I hope they get all of those fires contained quickly. Keep us posted please Heart

@Chi-town girl It does put alot into perspective.  I usually enjoy this time of year to treat myself and those on my holiday list, but this year I am thinking about the folks that lost everything in a quick second. I hope that everyone who can will donate to the Red Cross and other organiziations to help people affected by these natural disasters.