Contributor

Re: 2018 Advent Calendars

[ Edited ]

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

Macy's Beauty Collection 25 piece Advent Calendar $150

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 8.40.02 AM.png

This is full of nice products.  All major brand names like Benefit, BareMinerals, Clinique Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, IT, Philosophy...etc.  But I am not spending $150 on an advent calendar.

85$ now. It's on sale for $100 with an additional 15% off with code FRIEND. 

Honored Contributor

Old School here. 

Simple chocolate ones from Aldi's. $4.99 with EXCELLENT milk chocolate from Germany.

Spend a little bit more and get a much bigger one for $7.99; the chocolates are larger in size.

I grew up with the ones with little pictures behind them and no chocolate. THOSE are difficult to find unless ordered from a catalog. The Met catalog has one that is a tree and each day, you hang a different bird or piece of fruit on the tree (which is free standing). It's beautiful and costs around $30.

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Old School here. 

Simple chocolate ones from Aldi's. $4.99 with EXCELLENT milk chocolate from Germany.

Spend a little bit more and get a much bigger one for $7.99; the chocolates are larger in size.

I grew up with the ones with little pictures behind them and no chocolate. THOSE are difficult to find unless ordered from a catalog. The Met catalog has one that is a tree and each day, you hang a different bird or piece of fruit on the tree (which is free standing). It's beautiful and costs around $30.

@SahmIam YUM!! I'll have to make a trip to Aldi.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought my grown daughter a Lindt bear chocolate advent calender. I don't really see a lot of non candy advent calendars either, not really any beauty ones. Given that the beauty ones are mostly sample sizes, they seem overpriced to me so I won't buy one.

Image result for Lindt advent calendar
Honored Contributor

I got the Q's make up  advent calendar for my daughters birthday on the 23rd of Dec, But will give it to her today and the last door she will open will be on her birthday--she will be 36 and is a make up addict!! Bought on one of the other Q channels for $49 plus free shipping instead of the $64.

Contributor

@findjanedoe wrote:

@IntoSkincare wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IntoSkincare wrote:

An abbreviated version from SkinStore.

11464446-1474624219987986.jpg

I need to take a closer look at this one. @IntoSkincare. Do you know the price?

@Chi-town girlit is $99 but there is promo now and code MIRACLE11 saves you extra $11 so it comes down to $88. Not sure when the code expires...

Code NOV25 brings the price down to $74.25.

Code SALEX15 brings price down to $58.65. 

Does any one know what the brand is of the little black bar soap?  I love this soap and want to buy it, cant find a name, threw the box away.

Frequent Contributor

Erno Laszlo