Honored Contributor

Re: “2018”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, please join us!

@LTT1, so glad you saw your doctor! I hope the steroid pill helps for now, and the tests they’re doing determine what’s causing your swelling. I’ve never worn compression socks but have heard people wear them when flying. I think the Q sells them too. 

@Hayfield, so happy to see your post! As you can tell, we were worried and missed you. I wasn’t sure, but thought you said you’d be going to the design center at the end of the month. Sounds like you’re very busy getting your house ready to put on the market. Have you taken time off from work? Happy late Birthday to your DD!  How lucky to have school cancelled. A great birthday present for her! You’re right about DS moving 45 min. away. Depending on freeway traffic, it could be so much longer! We are happy for them though. It was a great game last night!

@JustJazzmom, It’s been pouring all day, so we didn’t go out at all. Your dinner, as usual, sounds delicious. We’re having salad and left over pizza. Sorry to hear the Ulta store was closed. Hopefully, they’ll be open in a week, but like you said, a month sounds more likely. 

Hi to RetRN, Catwhisperer, Mochahoney, Snardy, Katte, HelloKitty and Everyone!😊❤️

~H~
Valued Contributor

Good evening friends,

This may make some of you envious, but it was 68 here today! It will be cooler tomorrow and Thursday but I certainly enjoyed today. I had a nice lunch with DS. The restaurant we meet at is very close to his work. It has the best salad with a lot of greens and chicken, strawberries, nuts, cranberries, blue cheese and red onion. It is delicious! It comes with a lemon vinegarette dressing. YUM.

SleeplessinSD, is your DS feeling better? I hope so! It’s great he sold his house so quickly. Our DS lives about 45 minutes away and it really isn’t that far once you get used to it. Your trip to Wyoming sounded fun. Glad you got to see a rodeo. It’s good to hear you are sleeping better. Take care, dear. Don’t get sick! 💜

JJM, it’s hard to believe it is still so cold there. Have you heard when it is supposed to warm up? I love baked Brie. Your dinners are always so creative and good sounding. I get stuck in a rut with meals. Stay warm and off the ice!

Loves, I’m glad you got to the doctor before you leave. I have RA and I do have swelling in my joints. I know you’ll be glad to find out what the tests show. Have a GREAT trip!

Hayfield, so good to hear from you! I know your office purging is a big job!  It’s amazing how many people brave the cold to go to your work. I, too, am a sweats girl. I like to be comfortable when I am home. I wear compression socks and am in my jammies around eight also. Small world. Keep in touch. 

Hi to Katte, Catwhisperer, RetRN, hellokitty2, and all our other friends. Sweet dreams 😴 and blessings to you all. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--I had to get up early today, I'm working out with my trainer.  I'm going to visit my old next door neighbor this afternoon, he had his hip replaced last Thursday and I made him some homemade biscotti.  We were neighbors for 10 years, before they moved about 4 miles away.  They built a custom house, I think I've mentioned them before, our boys were born on the same day, same year and we met them when we were building our houses, the one we're still in.  He's became really successful and moved out of our neighborhood, 20 years ago, they also have another house in North Carolina, the one that got hit by lightning last year.  They're real lovely people and my friend trains with my trainer, so I see her more often than I used to, so when she told me her husband was having his hip replaced I thought I'd make him some biscotti.  We went to look at light fixtures yesterday and I got some great ideas, glad I went.  I took some pictures of what I liked and got the numbers and prices.  I have a work meeting later in the day and my friend, who's also moving to NC, is going to pick me up.  Oh, and the contractors are coming this morning.  Can I fit anything else into this day??????

Respected Contributor

Snardy--Yes, purging our office is a big job, especially since it's such a mess, I think I'm a border line horder!  DH & I just keep saying, why did we keep all this stuff but we always thought we would need it or our kids would want it and about 90% of what I kept I didn't need to.  We're not going to have a basement in the new house and while I'm going to have good closet storage and a nice walk-in attic storage off the bonus room, it's still not as much storage as my basement, so it has to go.  We'll also have a two car garage but I want to put my cars in it, not stuff.  We'll only have 1 car for a period of time, we're selling our older car since it needs a lot of work and I don't want to put any more money in it or transfer tags.  

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon everyone,

I had such severe pain in my feet last night I couldn’t sleep so I had a lazy morning. I just made a meatloaf and a big green salad for dinner. I’m going to bake potatoes to go with it. 

Hayfield, I had to take a nap after reading what’s going on with you! 😄 I can sure relate to what you said about purging your office and keeping so much stuff. I always thought I would need things too but I’ve found I can live very nicely without most of the things I tossed. (Notice I said MOST of the things!). Now if I could just get DH to clean his office and his workshop and the things he saves. UGH! I have this fear that one day, I’m going to have to do it. I think a house without a basement is a big incentive. 

Loves, Today is the big day! Or is it tomorrow? Anyway, enjoy your visit with those beautiful grandchildren and their parents. I hope the weather isn’t too bad. Will look forward to hearing about your trip. 

Well, back to my reading. Have a pleasant afternoon all. Blessings! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@snardy@Hayfield@JustJazzmom@hellokitty

499D24A3-363E-4946-B68A-F3C1FF1C7D35.jpeg

Yes, trying to keep my mind in getting packed!

JJM... hoping you can get your special Ulta item!

SISD... I hope your DS is feeling better! The trials of mud in CA is just so awful! I feel for those having such trials!  Also, @MariotaMurielle has posted a couple of times in FB. Sometimes it is only to wish someone a Happy Birthday... but I’m happy to see it and know that she is ok.

HAYFIELD... I will read about your doin’s in transit!

Snardy... your temps sound great!

Our weather has gotten milder during the week here and today, the sun has even come out! Now, about the wind...

LaLexi🎀 will have her special manicure on Friday. If I can get the right picture I will post it. This will be a FUN BIRTHDAY GIRL (ooh la la) NANAK play date!

wishing everyone a great (and healthy) weekend coming up!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@snardy wrote:

This may make some of you envious, but it was 68 here today! It will be cooler tomorrow and Thursday but I certainly enjoyed today. I had a nice lunch with DS. The restaurant we meet at is very close to his work. It has the best salad with a lot of greens and chicken, strawberries, nuts, cranberries, blue cheese and red onion. It is delicious! It comes with a lemon vinegarette dressing. YUM.

I have RA and I do have swelling in my joints. I know you’ll be glad to find out what the tests show. Have a GREAT trip!

Hi to Katte, Catwhisperer, RetRN, hellokitty2, and all our other friends. Sweet dreams 😴 and blessings to you all. ❤️

@snardy

How wonderful your lunch with DS sounds! The times I get DD to myself are fewer these days, and it sounds so nice to meet up! The “uninterrupted conversation” times for me are not enough!

If I have any more “issues” with my joints I will know who to turn to so I can commiserate!

Can’t you just see me (in my compression knee socks) trying to elevate my feet in a tiny coach area of the plane? LOL

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@snardy Meatloaf with potatoes & a green salad sounds delicious! When I make meatloaf I add it to the roasting pan and a use a Reynold’s Brown & Serve bag for the meatloaf & potatoes. The potatoes get finished with the juices of the meat infused into the roasted potatoes.

@LTT1 Yes, I was successful at getting the Lancôme Bi-Facil eye makeup remover at the 2nd Ulta I visited. In fact I bought the last 2 in the store! At 50% off it was a one day only Beauty Steal. 

The baked Brie was so good last night. I think the next time I make it, I will use a half a wedge. The Brie was my entire meal despite me having pork with black beans & rice too. 

Still dealing with some icy surfaces on paths here, despite warmer non freezing weather. I will try tomorrow using a boiling hot tea pot on the surfaces without pouring the water over it. It’s supposed to be in the mid 40’s tomorrow.  

@SleeplessinSD Glad your DS is on the mend. The wild weather & fires in CA have been awful. Thank goodness you are not near these 2 problems.

@Hayfield I am glad that things are moving along re: home maintenance.

Have a great evening everyone.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Good Moring!--I had such a nice visit with my former neighbors, he's doing great after hip replacement surgery.  Their DS was there too, I hadn't seen him in ages.  He was born on the same day in the same hospital that my DS was born, so there were friends when they were little.  My meeting went well and heard about all the plans for 2018.  DH isn't feeling well.  They started to paint yesterday and I can't open the windows since it's so cold, so it smells a little!  I'm going to the gym and doing some more cleaning out of the house!!!  I hope that everone has a great day!

Lovestoteach--Safe travels!  I can't wait to hear all about LaLexi's birthday!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1, enjoy your trip. Spending times with the little La's will be so much fun. 

@MariotaMurielle, thinking of you and sending good thoughts.