Honored Contributor

Re: “2018”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, please join us!

[ Edited ]

@LTT1, I’ll have to check out those products from Andrew. I need to reorder a couple things anyway. So glad they’re working for you. Praying you’ll have good weather for your trip!

@RetRN, thank you for stopping by...always good to hear from you!

@hellokitty, where do you live? I’m so jealous. I wish I could sew. Homemade PJ’s sound so nice, and I’m sure your DGD and, yes, your DGS will appreciate them. My Mother made handmade quilts for my kids when they were little, and they still have them. Thanks for stopping by!😊

@katte, I’m so glad your Dr. visit went so well! Yes, you’re definitely blessed to have great and caring doctors. We’re never hungry after having In n Out burgers. They’re so good! Take care, Katte!

Everyone have a great rest of the evening!

~H~
Honored Contributor

The supermarket was crazy today. It was like everyone woke up & said — I need stuff!

We just finished dinner & house feels chilly despite heat where it usually is. Outside temp is now the same as today’s date — 6!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

Hello all,

Thought I would stop in before going to bed. We took our tree down today and it’s a big job. We have an “old fashioned” tree; it’s nine and a half feet tall and comes in many, many parts. We have to put the lights on it, as opposed to the tress they have today that you can assemble in a minute fully lighted. I’d love to have one of those but DH likes the tree we have. We used to put a tree in our bedroom, too, but those days are over!  I wish we could have a little of the snow that is back East. It’s SO dry here. 

JJM, your chicken recipe sounds so good. I make it with the mushroom soup but I’ve never added wine. I definitely will the next time I make it. Has the snow stopped?  Brrrr -6 is cold!  Keep warm!

Katte, I’m feeling better, thanks. I think that rest yesterday was just what I needed. I’m so glad you like and trust your doctors. I wish I felt more confident in my doctor. A lot of doctors don’t take Medicare so I feel sort of stuck. YAY, you’re feeling better! I read that In ‘n Out burger is coming to Colorado. I’m so excited. My fave. Take care, Katte. 

hellokitty2, my DH collects Hallmark snowmen. I think he has around 14. We put them on the stairs; one on each step going up to our loft. They look cute like that. I used to collect Hello Kitty things. I had quite a collection. I’ve given a lot of it away now but I used to love it. It’s wonderful you sew for your grandchildren. My Nana used to sew for us. It’s a great talent you have. Welcome to our group!

RetRN, I’m glad your hand is well enough to take down your tree. I hope you enjoyed your pajama day. It’s always good to hear from you. 

Loves, I’m hoping for good weather for you Thursday. I know you’re excited!

Hello to SleeplessinSD, Catwhisperer, Hayfield, Mochahoney and everyone else. Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SleeplessinSD@snardy@JustJazzmom@RetRN@hellokitty

Well, in my health news, each morning for four days, I have awakened at my usual time in the am with painfully swollen wrists, knees and ankles!

Has anybody else had this happen? I’d rather not deal with it until after our trip, so I’m trying to ignore it.

Oh, bother. The pain does go away after I am up for awhile, though!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1, no, I don’t know what this could be. I’m glad it goes away though, thank goodness. Hmmm...let me see what I can find out! Take care...

@LTT1 wrote:

@SleeplessinSD@snardy@JustJazzmom@RetRN@hellokitty

Wrll, in my health news, each morning for four days, I have awakened at my usual time in the am with painfully swollen wrists, knees and ankles!

Has anybody else had this happen? I’d rather not deal with it until after our trip, so I’m trying to ignore it.

Oh, bother. The pain does go away after I am up for awhile, though!

~H~
Valued Contributor

@SleeplessinSD  I live in West Central Ohio.I am not that great with the sewing machine, honest My skills came out of necessity because my daughters are 11 months apart and I needed to find a way to cut clothing costs when they were little. After they got to middle school they wanted no more hand made clothes.  I did make the youngest daughter's prom dress her senior year. I was pretty proud of that..23 yeard ago!

Valued Contributor

@snardy I think we have 12 snowmen.  DH loves to go around the house and get them going at the same time.  ugh..noise!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here’s my Chicken Breasts with Red Wine & Mushroom Sauce Recipe:

Ingredients 

3 boneless chicken breasts, halved on short side — 1/4 Cup olive oil — 2 - 4 Tbsps. flour — 1/2 Tsp - 1 Tsp.garlic powder — 1/4 - 1/2 Tsp. pepper—  3/4 Cup red wine — 1 can Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup

Method

1) On wax paper, mix flour, garlic powder & pepper together. Dredge chicken through this mixture. 

2) Brown Breasts In olive oil in a 10 1/2 - 12” nonstick skillet over medium high heat.

3) Lower heat to medium low & add wine.

4) Cover skillet & cook on medium low heat for 30 - 45 minutes.

5) Five minutes before done, add soup & stir. 

Yield: 4 - 6 servings

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

14FCD9FB-FD4B-4FDA-A77D-132C3EAFFD8D.jpeg

“A good laugh and a cup of tea are the two best cures”

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

Good evening all,

I hope you all had a good Monday. DH and I went shopping and to lunch today. It was nice to get out together. Tomorrow, I am going to lunch with our DS. Now that the holidays are over, I am getting out more!  The National Western stock show and rodeo is here now. It’s fun to go to the rodeo. DH and I used to go every year, but we haven’t been for several years. Have any of you been to a rodeo?

hellokitty2, it must be a man thing. My DH likes to get all the snowmen going st the same time too! Pure cacophony!

JJM, thanks for the recipe. Will try it soon. 

Loves, I love tea. That’s a cute pot. You must be getting very excited for your trip now.

Katte, thinking of you and hoping you’re doing well. 

SleeplessinSD, how are you, friend? I hope you are feeling well. I have low energy too. When I get out of bed in the morning, I say UGH! Take care! 💜

Hello to all our other friends. Hayfield, where are you?? Miss you. Blessings to you all. ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb