Respected Contributor

Re: “2018”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, please join us!

Viva--I totally get that you're only taking one walk a day now, it's so hot in the afternoon.  We went at 7:30 and by 8:30, it was hot!  I'm enjoying the pool, we used to belong to a pool when we were raising the kids but dropped the membership, it was too expensive but the apartment complex has one and so does our new development, so I thought I'd start swimming again, or trying to anyway!

Lovestoteach--I never heard the term "kidney values"!  What exactly does that mean?  I hope you get the paperwork worked out for your "c".  I didn't have to do any special paperwork when I had mine before we moved.  Is it because you're on medicare?  Does medicare make things more complicated?  

Honored Contributor

hello all

hay, today i got full walk in. overcast so very little sun, heat was lower too only 85 but humid as usual. heard we may have storms but spotty at best, less they come my way the better.

so many chores to do today.

dh fixed many more items that got busted in the moving. only bummer was a white gummy substance got stuck to new rug. he'll try goo gone to see if that will losen it up and comb out to pick up the gunk.

sure hope it works.

spot is about size of dime.

not to much else today. will check in later.

Honored Contributor

Electrician removed motion sensors from corners of house where the garage roofline will be. I needed a new one as front sensor had exposed wires directly behind one of the cones that covers the light bulbs. Fortunately Lowe’s sells the bronze color I needed. Stopped in there & bought it then onto a large plumbing supply house where I found out that the radiator I need is available in the length but not in the height. Twenty inches is not going to work with a 16” space! Contractor is going to check a demolition salvage place that resells this kind of stuff when there are house demolitions.

Roofer came by & said entire roof will be ripped off & redone with new flashing around the chimney. The flashing is original to the house so it’s time! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hello all

not much this afternoon. got walk in. talked with mailman. that was all i saw on walk

not much else. always enjoy reading all the postings. 

OK guys will check in later.

Esteemed Contributor

hi y'all. I looked for Black Eyed Susans for the past 3 years and couldn't find any until this spring. I planted several in my front garden and they have finally started to bloom. yellow flowers are just so happy looking to me.

Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Hello friends,

We have had severe weather here the last two days. Yesterday, my son had hail as big as a tennis ball which destroyed his garden and lawn. I feel so sorry for them. They had beautiful flower and vegetable gardens. He will need a new roof on his two-year old house. More severe weather today with damaging hail and tornadoes. Fortunately, we have only had rain at our house. I made pasta salad for dinner. It was yummy. I love pasta salad in the summer. 

Katte, how are you doing? I hope your infection is clearing up nicely. Do you know yet if you will continue to need a pacer?  Thinking of you and sending prayers your way. 

Loves, how are you and your DH doing?  I probably should check and see if it’s time for me to have a C! UGH!  Take care! I hope DH is feeling better. 

Viva, did you get the defective part of your rug replaced? I hope the spot came out. Have you gotten some much needed rest yet?

Mochahoney, how is your DD doing with the vitamins? I need to get my vitamin levels checked the next time I have my physical. Your Black-eyed Susans are so pretty. I love yellow. It’s always been my favorite color. 

SleeplessinSD, how is your DHs knee doing? How are you doing, friend? I hope you are doing well. Has it been hot there? Take care! 💕

JJM, when will your roof and garage be done? I am so impressed with your knowledge about construction and gardening!  

Hayfield, I am happy for you that your DD is coming. Enjoy her visit! I am enjoying hearing about your house. I just know you’re going to love it!

Hello to Catwhisperer and RetRN!  Blessings to you all! ❤️

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

Snardy, I am constantly asking questions as to what & why things are being done.  I may have to go with baseboard heating radiator under my DR window if a replacement radiator cannot be found.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

hey all

the gummed up area was carefully cut out. The rug lady dh talked to said to carefully separate the gummed up area and cut off enough to get the area cleared, it worked. I found a large tooth combed, held up the gummy area,dh cut away the gum stuff with his manicure scissors. Can’t tell anything was amiss.

ran out for a bit of shop tonight. Kohl’s for some dishcloths i like, then to walmart for quick item, then over to lowes.

no storms for us. Have heard about those awful storms over in the Midwest and upper pennisula. Massive destruction.

well guys see all in the morn.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

it's been so hot and humid here, I only go outside if I absolutely have to. I've been going out as early as I can to check on my gardens. I'm picking cherry tomatoes every day now and have really been enjoying them. I've gotten a couple of squash and cucumbers too. my big tomato plants are beginning to produce, so I think I'm going to have a pretty good batch of tomatoes. our water bill has already gone up quite a bit from watering the gardens. I have my big tub sitting by the deck to collect rain water so I can use it for the garden.

after we got our last water bill I started thinking about how much water we waste every day.  yesterday I did a little experiment. in our master bath, it takes a while for the water to get hot when I turn it on in the sink to wash my face every morning. I decided to see exactly how much water is just going down the drain while I'm running it in order to get hot water. it filled up 2 gallon buckets.  2 gallons every day over the course of a month is a lot of water. I know this might sound crazy, but yesterday and today I used those 2 gallons to water some of my plants. I'm going to either just wash my face with cold water, or collect that water and use it for something else, like watering tomatoes Smiley Happy. i know, that probably sounds a little crazy, but I hate wasting anything.

@snardy, that's terrible about your son's gardens and his roof. hail that size can really do some damage. I'm glad to see that you are feeling better. DD is feeling quite a bit better since she started on vitamin D and the b12 injections. it would be a good idea to have your levels checked.

@viva923@JustJazzmom, it makes me tired just thinking about all the projects y'all have going. but, when it's all over you'll have something beautiful to show for it.

@katte, I'm sending good thoughts and prayers for healing your way.

@SleeplessinSD, I hope your DH's knee is doing well, and yours too. mine is better but I can tell I still have to be very careful.

@LTT1, I've tried to think what "C" could mean. I hate to admit to being so dense, but I don't know. I must be the only one who can't figure it out. hope you and DH are good.

DD had her MRI yesterday. she won't know anything about the results until her followup with the neurologist next week. if you pray, please pray that the damage from her MS has not progressed.

hi to @Hayfield@catwhisperer@RetRN@AuntG and all our friends here.

here's a Gulfport small craft harbor sunset.

have a peaceful evening y'all.

Image may contain: sky, cloud, ocean, boat, outdoor, water and nature

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Respected Contributor

Good Morning!--It was a hot one yesterday, I cleaned the apartment in the afternoon, getting ready for DD's visit!  I didn't realize how dirty the apartment was until I starting to clean!  It really need it!  We'll go to the gym this morning and do weights.  I hope that everyone is staying cool!

Snardy--So sorry to hear about your DS's garden and landscaping, at least he'll get a new roof from his insurance company at no cost to him since a hail storm is considered an act of  G*d,  they can't penalize him.  You are so sweet, saying you enjoy hearing about my house, I do go on and on about it don't I?!  Probably too much!