Respected Contributor

Re: “2018”~60’s Ladies and Everyone, please join us!

Viva923--Welcome!  I remember you from the other thread.  I used to post on it but only post once in while, a great group of ladies.  I had seen where Puddles stopped posting due to family issues.  I'm sure you all miss her.  Come by anytime!

SISD--Max is soooo cool!!!

Mochahoney--Right before we put the house on the market we recarpeted the stairs and all the bedrooms.  Our carpet was 30 years old and a mess!!! It needed replaced a while ago but I hesitated since I wasn't sure if we would stay or not.  I'm sure Katte is really enjoying her new carpet.  I love my new carpet, even if it's only for a little while!

Honored Contributor

Good Afternoon Friends!

DH and DS fly in tonight around 9:00 PM. DDIL is bringing DH home, and I’m so glad as I don’t do well driving at night. Seems like time went by faster than I thought it would. I actually enjoyed the time to myself I had. Not that Im anxious for them to take off again anytime soon!😊

@Hayfield, sounds like everything’s moving along as it should, and it won’t be long before you’re in your new apartment. I’m sure the community center thought they hit the jackpot with your generous donations. Always a good feeling to know everything will go to those in need. Have fun tonight!

@viva923, I have a terrible time with blushes. I really need to try them on before I buy. Nordstrom’s great with their free shipping and returns...

@MariotaMurielle, I remember using Estée Lauder back in the days too. I really cant remember why I stopped. I’ve been using the creams at night. Can’t wait to have DH try when he gets home. I hope you’re having a good day..

@AuntG, waving Hi! Wow! I can’t believe how comments on our soap opera thread ended, again, last week. There’s so much I’d like to say🤔....

@JustJazzmom, weddings and babies...you’ve got so much to look forward to. I’m so bummed. I missed out on the VIB sale! Good luck with your roses!

@LTT1, I hope you’re feeling better and all is right in your world...thinking of you!

Waving Hi to Snardy, Katte, RetRN, Catwhisperer and Everyone. I’ll try to BBL!😊❤️

~H~
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

HI EVERYONE

I've been busy doing laundry today and getting things ready for my upcoming surgery on Thursday.  I don't want DH to have to do a whole lot if possible, as he'll have enough to do with my recovery.  It is a pretty warm day here today and a little breezy.  It's supposed to be in the high 80s all week.  Summer is fast approaching!!   Yesterday we went to Tucson to meet with my cardiologist for  a follow up visit after my cardio version that was done by other cardiologist.  So far so good, I'm still in normal sinus rhythm.  While we were in Tucson I did a little shopping before my appointment.  I got some new philosophy shower gel callled Coconut Frosting (it smells so good).  I also got a small jar of Renewed Hope in  a Jar by Philosophy.  I've been using it for awhile and I really like it.  We then went to Bed Bath and Beyond and I purchased a lace table runner for my bedroom dresser.  It was a lot cheaper in the store than online, which surprised me.  Our next stop was Dillards.  They sell Bobbi Brown cosmetics and I was looking for my favorite lipstick "Raspberry Shimmer".  Unfortunately, Bobbi Brown has discontinued it.  I finally selected a shade by Lancome called Exotic Orchid.  It's more in the rose colored family.  It's pretty and really creamy.  It was a little pricey, but I spoiled myself a little yesterday. Smiley Happy  After my appointment we went to lunch at a nice Mexican restaurant called On the Border.  The food is always good there.  Of course, we had to make a stop at Costco and then we headed home.  It was a busy day, but an enjoyable one.

It sounds like everybody is doing well and enjoying their day.  I'm fixing spagetti for dinner. I had some homemade sauce frozen in the freezer, so dinner will be fairly easy.  Everyone continue to enjoy their day and I will check back later.........Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FC831158-AD4F-414E-A590-7DC642DD5CB6.jpeg

hi all!

we did our walk today...and then a little drive near home looking for bluebonnets!

have a nice evening!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

All the best on a successful surgery, Thursday @katte.

The wild flowers look beautiful, @LTT1.

Today I finished pruning the roses. The rugosa rose just laughs at the cold weather. I pruned very little off of it.

Today I fed my roses with their 1st feeding of Rose Tone. We went out to dinner to a local French restaurant & the rain is starting to move in. We are expecting rain from the DC area to reach us in the early AM so the fertilizer will be washed in.

Good night.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@katte we are having one of those kinds of day today. Oil change, bank, library, stop at the sunroom manufacturer to get a screen repaired, followed by lunch and a two hour dental appointment for DH. He asked if this is what a vacation day should consist of. Told him I couldn't even fit in a stop at the courthouse where I need some kind of certified marriage certificate to get my drivers license renewed.

Honored Contributor

@SleeplessinSD@AuntG@JustJazzmom@katte@Hayfield

723CEEE9-8588-4C80-94D2-C7035EA87A48.jpeg

This flower is called a “Winecup” and it grows as a wildflower here. There is a horse field near us and these are scattered all over the ground. I think these flowers were cultivated by TexasAggies since this is their school color (maroon).

I will let you all know that the thing we are dealing with is that DHs cognitive functions are starting tom”age!”

I am saying this as if it is a joke, but in reality, it is not very funny.

The whole situation became a reality to be reckoned with st the end of last week. He seemed determined to drive by himself to Austin for a small group mini-reunion with high school friends. I won’t go anywhere near that nasty, nasty highway! Too many vehicles all going WAY TOO FAST!

He finally agreed not to go on Saturday. So that part is now settled. ❤️💙❤️ 

I think I need a nap...😴😴

@katte

I am thinking of you about tomorrow (((hugs)))

Love that you had a shopping spree 💄👄 🛍 🎈

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

not much going on here.

had a scary call this afternoon. long story but it had to do with a company that was coming into our development for trapping cats. come to find out they wanted to put 10 traps in my yard and i would be responsible for ANY animal i caught. to water,feed,put a sheet over the cage,take the sheet off,check on them every 2 hours till this company could get back to check on all the traps. I was told that all we had to do was put traps in yard and they would handle the rest. we are in wooded area, so these traps would trap skunks,racoons,posseums, and who knows what else and i would have to make sure they fed and watered for who knows how long. the guy would not take no , i wasn't going to this, he became threatening. This call really frightened me no end. I did call the person who organized this event. She was surprised with what happened. We have many stray cats where I live. the people move in and out and dump cats when they leave and expect the homeowners to take care of the strays.

wet,damp,humid day. got half inch rain overnight. 

that is about all for now guys will see all later.

Honored Contributor

Oh dear! @viva923 They shouldn’t have threatened you. Why not other neighbors to spread out the cages? 

Does this organization trap, neuter & release? Or trap to go to no kill shelters? 

It’s a sad thing when people abandon their pets to the wild. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@viva923, OMG, I agree with @JustJazzmom. I can’t imagine being responsible for 10 traps to catch poor animals. I, too, would want to know what would happen to these animals after being picked up. I hope you were able to get this settled. You should never have been threatened...good luck!

@katte, I’m so glad you were able to spoil yourself a little before your procedure tomorrow. I hope you’re able to get a good nights sleep tonight too. I’m sure you’re feeling nervous. I don’t blame you. I hope once this is over, you’ll feel so much better. I like Bobbi Brown lipsticks too. Unfortunately, most are discontinued. I’m glad you found a replacement you like. Take care Katte and God bless..🙏

@LTT1, I’m sorry to hear about DH. I’m so glad he decided not to drive to Austin. I know this is a difficult time for you both. Take care of yourself, too. ((Hugs)) ETA: I read on the Widows thread about Bobbi Sue passing away. She was the first to welcome me to this thread years ago. She suffered with many issues. I hope she can now RIP...

@snardy, I hope you’re doing/feeling well, friend...thinking of you!

Waving Hi to Mochahoney, Catwhisperer. RetRN, Hayfield and all our friends. I hope everyone had a good day!😊❤️

~H~