Trusted Contributor

Re: 2015 Beauty Favorites -- what are yours??

I tried the Somme Institute skincare line and I am very impressed.  It's pricey but I started out with the travel kit and found I love it.  I bought full sizes of the core products and am really liking them.

I also tried Jane Iredale makeup for the first time this year and I can see why people rave about it.

Trusted Contributor

My list isn't as large as I thought it would be.  I'm trying to use up many things and I'm finding that I don't LOVE them.  In the future I want to buy only my favorites.

Renova

bareMinerals Mineralixirs Cleansing Oil (which is being discontinued =()

bareMinerals Mineralixirs 5 Oil Blend (another discontinue)

IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream

Stowaway Cosmetics concealer

Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Natural N9 (tried this as a sample & will repurchase when I use up more lipsticks)

ColourPop Sheer Lippie Stix Kiddo

Sonia Kashuk Shine Luxe Lipstick

Laura Mercier Blushes

Wet N Wild Reserve Your Cabana

bareMinerals Locked & Coated mascara topcoat

Zoya nail polishes

NYC In a New York Minute clear nailpolish as a quick dry topcoat

Nailtiques Formula 2

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

FUTURE, thank you for starting this thread. This is fun!!! Smiley Happy

* Wenderful Wen Comb -- I want to give this a special shout out. Even if you have no interest in Wen, you should really purchase a Wen Comb. I was sceptical and it took me three or four years before I finally took the plunge... and then I just had to shake my head and ask myself why I had waited so long to do it. It took about 6 months to see the results but, over time, using the Wen Comb has decreased my baby fine hair's frizz factor by about 30%. -- Right now Chaz Dean is having a 20% off sale on his site with free S&H (you can find all the details on his wenbychazdean facebook page). So it's a great time to try out the Wen Comb ($15, less discount). -- Over the years, I have bought the expensive combs (up to $30) and none of them come close to the Wen Comb in terms of improved overall hair quality.

New Beauty Favorites (2015) 

* Wen Treatment Oils -- especially Pomegranate / Rosemary to diminish under eye circles & to stimulate hair growth. And Tea Tree /Eucalyptus to calm down inflamed facial flare ups & to stimulate hair growth -- All Wen Treatment Oils as the most effective way to keep skin (especially my cracked heels) moisturized.

* Konjac Sponge (at iherb for under $6) -- a great, gentle facial exfoliation

* Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid (thank you, HappyDaze *s*)

* Beekman goat milk soap (thank you, HappyDaze *s*)

* Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil & Enzyme Mask -- maybe... results are good but I've just been using it for the past week

Longtime Beauty Favorites -- Wen hair care products

* Wen Cleansing Conditioner -- Seasonals, Restoratives & 613 

* Wen Mousse -- any of them, but the 613 moussie is my favorite Smiley Happy

* Wen Styling Creme -- they'e all good, but 613 and the Restoratives have an additional shine/glossing complex 

* Wen Remoist Hair Mask (and Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment) -- I alternate using them

* Wen Replenishing Treatment Mist -- Seasonal, Restorative & 613 scents -- I use it as a fragrance and for aromatherapy

Longtime Beauty Favorites

* Clarisonic Plus -- for facial & body care -- the most effective cleansing system

* Emjoi Micro-Pedi -- spring for the rechargeable unit, so you won't have to continually be buying batteries -- without my Emjoi, my heels would be a cracked and bleeding mess.

* Jojoba Oil (4oz bottle is $8 at Trader Joe's / it's the Desert Essense brand under a TJ private label) -- before you go swimming, coating your hair with jojoba oil is an effective and inexpensive way to protect your hair from the salty ocean water or a chlorinated pool.

* Witch Hazel -- to calm skin after an insect bite

-- bebe, a Wen girl Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

TRESemme Extra Hold Hair Spray

DHC White Sunscreen

Isomers Ultimate Super Skin Serum

Just for Men Mustache & Beard Brush-In Color Gel - (I use it to dye my eyebrows.)

Obagi Tretinoin Cream

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara

NYX Infinity Shadow Stick in Silk - (I apply it to the outer half of my lower eyelashes to give me just a hint of eye-enhancing shimmer.)

IT Bye Bye Pores Finishing Powder

Isomers Matrixyl Advanced Radiant Touch - (I use just a tiny bit as a brightening under eye concealer.)

Dove Sensitive Skin Nourishing Body Wash

The next two are very close to being on my HG list.  I'll see how they perform during winter, if it ever comes.

Isomers Vitamin C-Stem Nourishing Cream

Isomers Vitamin C-Stem 15% High Potency Serum

Paws and enjoy life.
Respected Contributor

@SouthrnGirl wrote:

Fun thread!!!

Hourglass powders and blushes. LOVE!

Becca highlighter in Pearl. 

Charlotte Tilbury lipstick in Very Victoria. 

Josie Maran Light Argan Oil. 

Retin-A. 

Chanel Cream Bronzer. 

Guerlain Bronzer. 

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer. 

These are the things I use all the time or have repurchased. I'm sure there's more....

@SouthrnGirl I really like the Becca pearl, too! I have the spotlight trio (thanks to @suzyQ3 for the heads up on that one!), and I reach for pearl most often. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Campion wrote:

I discovered I really like Bare Escentuals. I got one of the TSV's and went back to using my other. The foundation absolutely agrees with my sensitive skin and I love the blush. I don't love the eye shadows as much. But I wear the BE every day now. 

I also discovered I love Too Faced Eye Shadows. I got one in particular, a palette by Vegas Nay that has unusual colors (browns, gold, a lavender, a silver and a black) that I was not sure I could use, but the instruction cards let me make some very good eye looks that I can't get other ways.  

I love TF shadows. I *almost* bought that Vegas Nay palette, but decided to be good (for once!) since I have so many shadows. Enjoy it!! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Products that I tried this year for the first time and love are:

Becca under eye highlighter

John Freida Go Blonder lightening spray

Olay Sensitive Cleansing Cloths 

@wilma That Becca under eye highlighter is great!

Esteemed Contributor

Kevin Murphy hair products and Urban Decay eyeliner

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE that Laura Mercier Artist palette looks pretty! Great colors for me, lol.

The Becca undereye highlighter sounds nice but I don't need my undereyes highlighted by any means, lolololol.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you @FUTURE for a great thread! My personal 2015 favorite discoveries are:
*ISOMERS SKIN CARE: Love EVERYTHING but Immortal, Ultimate Super Skin Serum & the Redensify products in particular
*WEN SEASONALS: I'm a total WEN girl when it comes to CCs & styling products but the SEASONALS rocked my world this year
*PHILOSOPHY FRESH CREAM: Bath, body & fragrance - yum!
*FOREO LUNA: Wow! HG!
*EMJOI MICRO-PEDI: Where have you been all my life?!
*AQUAPHOR OINTMENT: Best lip treatment ever (high five @FUTURE!)

And, finally, the product that has changed my life:
EMJOI ERASE EPILATOR (the recent TSV)
Best. Product. Ever.
Happy New Year everyone!!