Trusted Contributor

I will not purchase any more BBW candles!! The scent always gives me a headache and I end up either returning or throwing away.

Whoops - this is not a beauty item!!!

I will not purchase any more "firming", "wrinkle reducing", etc etc creams. They just don't work, despite all the claims. I'm close to 78 years old, and my lines and wrinkles are a testament to my age, experiences, and the environment (sun, cold, etc). I'm going to accept and embrace them. I will continue to cleanse, exfoliate judiciously, and moisturize. And my makeup will be minimal.

Super Contributor
Funny as I have been thinking the same thing!! I will not be tempted by some new miracle ingredient, like Amazonian clay, Argan oil etc etc. I used to be and thought that this or that product had to be the one!! They usually aren't!! No more amazing equipment to improve my skin, or hair! NuFace cured me! Almost $200 and after 6 months it stopped working and the company told me it was out of warranty, but to try a new battery!!! I think I may be cured!!!
Super Contributor
Me too, I need some Thayer's. Gonna see if I can find it somewhere here so don't have to pay shipping. No drugstores here carry it, but sometimes a health food store will have it.
Honored Contributor
On 1/6/2014 gonnab said:

I will not purchase any more "firming", "wrinkle reducing", etc etc creams. They just don't work, despite all the claims. I'm close to 78 years old, and my lines and wrinkles are a testament to my age, experiences, and the environment (sun, cold, etc). I'm going to accept and embrace them. I will continue to cleanse, exfoliate judiciously, and moisturize. And my makeup will be minimal.

I like that. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Regular Contributor

In 2014, I will not buy a separate eye primer. I just had my makeup done at Macys by a professional makeup artist and he said "skip the primer" because under eye concealer (any brand) will do the same job as the primer. So! I will save about $20 a tube by skipping this extra step plus save time in the morning by grabbing ONE product to do both eye primer and under eye concealer. And another tip he told me that I really appreciated was to wear black eyeliner. I said I hadn't used black in years for fear of making me look too harsh. He said those color eye liners are OK but just don't make your eyes stand out like good ole basic black. And he was right! I went out and bought a Rimmel black waterproof eyeliner pencil and my eyes look 100% better in how they stand out. Two great pieces of advice from a pro.....so I am passing those tips on to you gals in this Beauty Forum......

Honored Contributor

For several years now my make-up bag is back to just the basic of products kind of like I had when I first started wearing make-up as a teenager. I use up all blush ect.. before I purchase new and only do the bare minimum in application and removal. Simple and sweet with lots of room left over in my purse and bathroom drawers.

Foundation, powder, eye shadow, liner, mascara, blush lipstick. Only one of each in my very small make up bag. Lipstick just gets carried each morning from bathroom to purse for the day and that is all I do until removal at night which simple and sweet as well.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor
On 1/8/2014 beckyb1012 said:

For several years now my make-up bag is back to just the basic of products kind of like I had when I first started wearing make-up as a teenager. I use up all blush ect.. before I purchase new and only do the bare minimum in application and removal. Simple and sweet with lots of room left over in my purse and bathroom drawers.

Foundation, powder, eye shadow, liner, mascara, blush lipstick. Only one of each in my very small make up bag. Lipstick just gets carried each morning from bathroom to purse for the day and that is all I do until removal at night which simple and sweet as well.

You should visit the ComPact thread, beckyb! A lot of the ladies are working towards just this type of "sweet simplicity." Smile

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

We need a support group so if one of us is feeling weak in the knees over some TSV, etc, we have someone to bring us back to reality...the reality that we already have two baskets of lip things, a closet full of anti-aging TSV's etc.

I don't need ANY more WEN until at least 2015. Ditto for Philosophy 3 in 1's. And Bliss body butters. And should toss old lip products AND NOT REPLACE THEM, since I am sure I still have more than enough.

As for make-up, I have given any BE colors I don't use/like to my neice and am trying to work my way thru what I have and not buy anymore.

Maybe I should tape this to my computer......

Michele

PS I should confess I have two beauty products (the recent IT TSV) ordered in the moment that need to go back to the Q.