Honored Contributor

2 All Natural Lip Plumper

Cinnamon Oil. Did you know that many of the most expensive lip plumper’s secret ingredient is cinnamon oil? Cinnamon oil works by stimulating blood flow, making your lips appear both fuller and rose, which makes it the perfect (natural) lip plumper. Add a drop or two to your favorite lip balm and voila! The more you add, the more your lips will tingle and plump.

Peppermint Oil. Add a couple drops of peppermint oil to a teaspoon of coconut oil and use it as a hydrating lip plumper treatment.  Peppermint oil, like cinnamon oil, improves circulation, bringing more blood to the surface of your lips. The result: it causes your lips to swell. Peppermint also, though, acts as a muscle relaxant, so your lips will look relaxed, further adding to the fullness of your lips.Apply any lipstick after the peppermint oil has been absorbed.

Now you can enjoy juicy lip, all naturally… and cheaply!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Aloe also works......with no "burn"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor
The cinnamon and peppermint are irritants. The body reacts by increasing bloodflow to the irritated cells. Same principle used in Ben-gay and capsaicin muscle rubs.
Don't think I'd want to apply an irritant to my lips too often.
Respected Contributor

I'll stick w/Skinn Lips 6X lip balms.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well. If you're prone to cold sores or canker sores or contact dermatitis this would be one way to trigger an attack. If you accidentally got these oils outside your lip line, you'd have reddened, irritated skin ringing your lips.

IMO, better long term plumpers would be moisture, micronized fish collagen, and actives that stimulate building your own lips' collagen, hyaluronic acid, and subcutaneous fat.  

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

WOW i had no idea of the down side to these things!! Glad you pointed that out. I had thought i found a good natural idea.

I do use SKINN 6 X for lips and love it.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller