Honored Contributor

Re: 1970s, 80s & 90s discontinued products

[ Edited ]

@YuccaDew - The three I wish were still around:

IMG_2534.jpeg

My favorite. I found an unused bottle when we cleaned out Mom's house and brought it up with me. I put it on the tub for the memories, and finally threw it out about 5 years ago! 

IMG_2535.jpeg

Bonne Bell - I don't remember this exact bottle, but I remember how I enjoyed showering with it after swimming!  It smelled SO good! I would be using it today if I could!

IMG_2536.jpeg

I remember almost every girl in school wore this. I loved it! 

Thanks for the memories!   Smiley Happy

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Big Joanie- From any time period is good Smiley Happy.

I can’t believe how much that vintage Pancake makeup is selling for now. They did, however, bring back the Panstick, I noticed, but not sure if it’s the same or not..

Contributor

Beach-mom- I also loved the original Herbal Essence, Love's Colognes and Bonne Bell products. That Shower Gel 2000 was around until relatively recently and I wish I bought some. I did buy a bottle of the After Sun lotion just before they discontinued it and still have it. A little different from this picture here:

:IMG_4959.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

From my teenage years Max Factor pancake makeup ... Now there

was coverage !!!!!

OMG, that stuff!  I had beautiful skin, just an occasional pimple in my teens.  What was I doing with that?!!!

Me too @MoJoV! I never broke out until I went to college. But I was a late bloomer. I didn't get my period until I was 16. (My mom's friend was an M.D. and she wasn't concerned.) And do you know how embarrassing it was to see on your college physical "breasts not fully developed yet?" LOL! She was the one who wrote that too! 

I didn't use Pancake, but not that many years ago DD had to cover her ballet toe shoes with it. Of course once the recital was over she couldn't use them again. The head of the dance studio insisted the girls cover their shoes so they were flesh toned!  I dreaded the years of doing that!   Smiley LOL

Contributor

And some good old school deodorants:

MIMG_4957.jpeg

IMG_4958.jpeg

IMG_4953.jpeg

IMG_4955.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@YuccaDew wrote:

Beach-mom- I also loved the original Herbal Essence, Love's Colognes and Bonne Bell products. That Shower Gel 2000 was around until relatively recently and I wish I bought some. I did buy a bottle of the After Sun lotion just before they discontinued it and still have it. A little different from this picture here:

:IMG_4959.jpeg

@YuccaDew - I didn't know that! I just assumed it had been discontinued long ago. You were lucky to get the After Sun lotion. I'm sure I had that too!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

How about QT self tanner.  This was late 60's to early 70's for me.  Egads, how many of us walked around looking like an oompah loompah.  HAHA  Also, think it was called Sun In lightening spray for your hair.  I loved this stuff, it worked for me and lightened my hair.  Yardley had a frosted pink-ish light lipstick that was popular.  There was something else by Yardley that was popular but can't remember what it was.  White eyeshadow - don't recall the brand but lots of girls wore it.  Estee Lauder Youth Dew spray cologne.  Think they may still make this though so it may not be discontinued.

Super Contributor

I remember Body On Tap beer enriched shampoo, Short and Sassy shampoo which was endorsed by Dorothy Hamill and Apple Pectin shampoo which smelt wonderful and was my favorite. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also used QT; Body On Tap & Apple Pectin shampoos. The Apple Pectin Sally's Beauty Supply still carries, but the formula and scent are a little different.

Suave and Spiritual Sky still exist but they aren't like they used to be either. These are photos from the 70s versions. All of the Suaves were good back then, and I especially liked  the Strawberry. I was little then, but I remember my mother buying it.

In the 80s I liked the Spiritual Sky Cherry perfume oil, but they are terrible now. I hear the Australian versions are still good though:

IMG_4972.jpeg

IMG_4966.jpeg

Respected Contributor

I loved Bain de Soleil (for the Saint Tropez tan). It was the orange gelee that gave your skin a little color when you applied it. You didn't look orange. That fragrance was so delicious, I still remember it.

I also miss all the wonderful products and fragrances that Crabtree & Evelyn offered  (Before the company was sold).