Trusted Contributor
I was watching shawn sell a hair iron for 179.00 saying it was automatically set on correct temp. to not fry your hair. It had no buttons to change, didn't need to. she then went on to say its the perfect 365 degrees, so my thought, Why spend 179.00 to buy a flat iron that is set on 365, when you can put your own flat iron at 365.00? Maybe some can't adjust, but all my heating tools have adjustable heat temps. am I missing something?
Esteemed Contributor

@willomenia wrote:
I was watching shawn sell a hair iron for 179.00 saying it was automatically set on correct temp. to not fry your hair. It had no buttons to change, didn't need to. she then went on to say its the perfect 365 degrees, so my thought, Why spend 179.00 to buy a flat iron that is set on 365, when you can put your own flat iron at 365.00? Maybe some can't adjust, but all my heating tools have adjustable heat temps. am I missing something?

@willomenia 365 might be ok for some hair but not for all.  It could fry baby fine hair and it's to hot for my color treated hair.  Very thick course hair needs a higher temperature. I would not buy a curling iron without adjustable heat settings.

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@willomenia wrote:

@willomenia 365 might be ok for some hair but not for all.  It could fry baby fine hair and it's to hot for my color treated hair.  Very thick course hair needs a higher temperature. I would not buy a curling iron without adjustable heat settings.

Yeah, my thick, coarse hair would laugh at 365 if that's as high as it goes. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

My silver/grey hair would singe and be yellow (as in burned) at 365. When I use a hot tool, 300-320 is all the heat I use. 

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the presentation, but have to say that my $12 curling iron from the hardware store has a dial with 20 different heat settings on it -- everything from "cool" to "oh my gosh, my hair is on fire!"  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt