Respected Contributor

12th Annual QVC Customer Choice Beauty Awards 10/3

[ Edited ]

sq2_left_ccba_20200815.jpg

Jane spilled the beans on the 2020 Customer Choice Beauty Awards night. It is Saturday, October 3. I guess there's nowhere to go on a Saturday night so QVC has moved it from its traditional weekday prime-time slot. Finally the Beauty Awards are no longer taking up three hours of Creede Silver Strike, as QVC scheduled both events on the same day for the past 5 excruciating years!

Honored Contributor

Re: 12th Annual QVC Customer Choice Beauty Awards 10/3

[ Edited ]

@banned again   What are your feelings about the results and the honesty of the winners? I've always felt it's not truthful. Some awards are based on amount of sales, not best in category while others are obscure products plucked from online never even presented. 

One year, I'd like to see a list of nominees printed and the number of votes each received. I'm not sure I'd believe that either. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think @Shanus is right; I think it's all based upon sales. And any number of factors might be involved with why you even purchased in the first place.

In order for one to even be eligible to vote, you would have had to try each and every product in the category. I used to think this is what the beauty editors did, but that isn't even the case.

Super Contributor

Please NO Josie Argon oil wins.  

Respected Contributor

Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@bigtraps   In passed years, the big winners in all categories were IT Cosmetics, Philosophy and Josie. Fixed, for sure. Also included was WEN which certainly doesn't have the same following. This year I predict Calista Tools and Tweak'd since they're on constantly. 

What I really find strange is that winning products sometimes have awful reviews. I just don't "vote" or watch. 

Super Contributor

Thank you.  It all does seem to be nothing more that a marketing gimmick to sell more sub-pare products.  I mean argon oil!  Just horrible.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harpa wrote:

I think @Shanus is right; I think it's all based upon sales. And any number of factors might be involved with why you even purchased in the first place.

In order for one to even be eligible to vote, you would have had to try each and every product in the category. I used to think this is what the beauty editors did, but that isn't even the case.

@Harpa   To be a somewhat honest vote count, the voters would and should have purchased, tried and given the product a review before being considered a nominee. 

Oddly, Beekman and others and who need no further incentives to purchase are often left out.Sometimes new expensive skincare is a winner when it can't be that popular if just introduced. 

Honored Contributor

Popularity contest amongst the voters, imo. Many people do not vote so the polls are skewed. Has nothing to do with product quality or value.

Super Contributor

It will be interesting to see who wins.  I do know the TILI box with products from some of the nominees looks pretty good for the price (dreaded argan oil sample included).

https://www.qvc.com/TILI-Try-it%2C-Love-it-CCBA-2020-Nominees-7-Pc-Sample-Box.product.A378203.html?s...