Honored Contributor

Re: $125.00 gift Card from Macy's...what would you get?

What would I most likely get? a big bill from the IRS that I would not want to pay. No, thank you.

Honored Contributor

Buy what you need. If you have time, get makeovers at the Bobbi Brown counter, Laura Mercier, & Estee Lauder. Check out Intimate apparel or purchase a Spring sweater or new shoes. Have fun don't spend all your money on makeup. Usually, a new blush, lipstick will do.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 namealreadytaken said:

What would I most likely get? a big bill from the IRS that I would not want to pay. No, thank you.

What are you talking about? What is this "big" bill?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Charter Club 500TC Damask sheet set.

love the ones I have

Regular Contributor

My initial "want" included some new cosmetics...

I was thinking about a Chanel foundation, a new blush, and some Mascara.. but now I am thinking a new handbag for spring. Maybe Michael Kors...{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I love a white handbag for spring and summer. I have used my Tory Burch one for about 5 years now only in spring and summer and I think it may be time to replace her.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate you all taking the time to respond. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Occasional Contributor

I did receive one for a Christmas gift from my employer ( 125.00 Macy's card), and I got Chanel CoCo eau de parfum which was a nice addition to my Chanel Mademoiselle and Chanel No 5. If I got another gift card I might be tempted to look at clothing, but I'm more of a fragrance lover!

Esteemed Contributor

I know this is a beauty board- and I actually have a Macy's gift card for almost the same amount! I need a new living room couch- I plan on stopping by one of their furniture stores and if something calls my name , put it towards that. I know- boring & practical!

Honored Contributor

I would spend it on something that costs at least twice the amount of the gift card. You might not would spend a certain amount on yourself so if you use the card toward a high priced item it would be something special to have you would not normally buy.

Your normal purchases while nice to have for free but you would get them anyway, right?

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Hildegarde Withers said:
On 2/11/2015 ibb38 said:

I know this is a beauty board- and I actually have a Macy's gift card for almost the same amount! I need a new living room couch- I plan on stopping by one of their furniture stores and if something calls my name , put it towards that. I know- boring & practical!

If I needed a couch, I'd buy it and use the gift card toward it. It's much better than buying something you don't really need or care about just to use up the gift card.

I haven't checked the prices in their furniture showrooms for years- I'm hoping it's competitive with all the other chains around. My plan B is a needed new bra wardrobe -since Breezies has gone by the wayside!