Valued Contributor

Dr Gross is selling one. Maybe I'll drag out my old Vicks Vaporizer.

Valued Contributor
I have a large floor model humidifier in my BR. They sell much cheaper vaporizers and humidifiers I am not sure why there is a need for this. To each his/her own I suppose.
Super Contributor

There's one born every minute....

Valued Contributor

I have a Vicks (not kidding, I use it for my plants). I paid $24.00 for it. It blows tons of warm steam. His operates the same way, just has the nozzle. I can put mine on the floor and let the steam flow on my face, arms, legs...

Super Contributor
What is old is new again as they say!
Esteemed Contributor
On 2/25/2014 gazelle77 said: What is old is new again as they say!

Only more expensive! Smiley Happy

I can use my Caruso if I wanted to. Actually, I remember the instructions (cause I have that thing for decades now), and they included facial steaming.

Super Contributor

I saw that. Would a humidifier be just as good? You do get the cream. But I passed........

Valued Contributor

I thought the same thing, wow....115.00

Honored Contributor
On 2/26/2014 Hibi said:

I saw that. Would a humidifier be just as good? You do get the cream. But I passed........

It depends on the humidifier. Most are sonic cool mist humidifiers these days. You can buy warm mist ones, the Vicks is still the cheapest I think. You can drape a towel over it to direct the mist to your face, but since it's not meant for that, it could be too hot and you need to be cautious. I know someone who uses a clothes steamer as a facial steamer, but those also really hot and can burn you. I've boiled a pot of water and thrown a towel over it and stuck my head in the towel tent. You can also get a special facial steamer at Amazon for under $30.

I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a facial steamer with so many other options available, but I do spend money on products that are more convenient, so I might spend $30 versus the whole towel routine. I guess it really depends on your attitude and your income bracket.