Trusted Contributor

Re: 11/4 & 11/5 - SKINN Cosmetics TTV's & Holiday Gifts!

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I received my Lip Dyes today and LOVE them.  I thought they'd be a little creamy, like a lacquer lipstick, but they're more liquidy than that. They are very much a stain as opposed to an acutal lipstick.  The stain is very easy to paint on and it dries down to a dry matte finish. Now to see how long the stain effect lasts.  I think tomorrow I'll experiment with a little gloss over it.

Hi there @JeanLouiseFinch! Have you tried his caviar lip creams? I thought they would be similar but they are like you said, more liquidy and def stains...gloss will shorten wear time but boy, does it look pretty Woman Wink I am not used to matte lipsticks but I am going to try to wear them matte for a bit and see how I like it...

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch@Krissy_1968When worn alone, are the lip dyes really dark?  I watched the presentation, but only noticed it being applied to women that were already wearing lip color.  I purchased 2 sets, but may gift them to my 20 something daughters if they are too dark.  TIA

Trusted Contributor

@Linmo wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch@Krissy_1968When worn alone, are the lip dyes really dark?  I watched the presentation, but only noticed it being applied to women that were already wearing lip color.  I purchased 2 sets, but may gift them to my 20 something daughters if they are too dark.  TIA

Hi @Linmo the primrose is like a dusty pink...med pink...not too dark or bright on! I haven't tried the cranberry yet...I went to grab it and found the Opa sample! OH MY! Love it! the sample is tiny (grrrr) but I smell the vanilla and wood notes...wish it was a little vial instead of a card...but I think I am going to have a new favorite! Woman Very Happy

Ship those bottles fast, Dimitri!!!

Respected Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

Hi @Linmo the primrose is like a dusty pink...med pink...not too dark or bright on! I haven't tried the cranberry yet...I went to grab it and found the Opa sample! OH MY! Love it! the sample is tiny (grrrr) but I smell the vanilla and wood notes...wish it was a little vial instead of a card...but I think I am going to have a new favorite! Woman Very Happy

Thanks, @Krissy_1968, it sounds like the lip dyes may work for me.  I might keep one set and split the second set between my daughters.   I should be receiving my goodies early next week and hopefully will get an Opa sample.  I noticed that it's available again for pre-order, so if I like it, I will definitely jump on board.  Have a great night!

Honored Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@Linmo wrote:

@Linmo - The color on your lips will be exactly like the color in the tube.  I agree with @Krissy_1968 about the primrose.  IMO it can be more of an everyday sort of color whereas the cranberry is darker.  Depending on your own coloring and comfort zone, you may think it's a little too dark.  I think it would be great on someone wearing a dark outfit, lighter makeup application (no bronzer or overly contoured) and more of a nude eye rather than one that's too smoked up.  The formulation of the lip dye and the cut of the doe foot applicator make it possible to be more exacting when you lay it down so you don't go beyond your lip line.  Since it dries down quickly and doesn't really budge after that, a lip liner is not necessary.

I wish the sample was in a vial too, @Krissy_1968.  I just peeled up the corner a little bit to take a whiff and like it very much.  The bottle I ordered is still in process so I'm saving my sample to wear on Thanksgiving, if my bottle doesn't arrive by then.  

Respected Contributor

I received my Opa sample yesterday, @Danishgal , and to answer your woodsy vanilla question (from my perspective).  Yes, I definitely detect that one coming through and IMO it is weighty. 

I do detect the florals in it.

As someone who tends to migrate toward orientals with my chemistry, Opa isn't going to work here. HTH'sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received mine yesterday, @JeanLouiseFinch, and my immediate reaction was "dye is a perfect description of these".  Matte with no discernable finish.  A slight stingy sensation (for any that are very sensitive). 

His caviar group may be more in line with the laquers you describe as they do have a creamier consistency and a finish with some sheen.

Amazingly, the Primrose was a go here as it's a neutral medium mauvey shade I can wear.  The Cranberry, on the other hand, is true to it's name with more blue undertones than I usually wear, but I can certainly mix/match with other more scarlet shades I have.  That's what's nice about these...the permanence of a dye and the ability to easily customize without too much "gloppiness".Woman Wink

I finished my application off with some Lip 6X balm.  Color still remained from afternoon 'til removal last night before bed.  Winners for me. Woman Wink

Super Contributor

I got my lip dyes too. Mine didn't last. I put them on and quite a while later I had a meal, when I used my napkin, it had color on it.  When my meal was done, my lip stain was gone.

I remember the host putting on lips on a cup, then kissing D, and there was nothing there. What's wrong with mine?! Smiley Sad

I didn't have anything on before applying, and I didn't use anything after. I do like the primrose and the look and feel was good.

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Esteemed Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Boom! grabbed this one. looks amazing. + the bonus Watermelon balm Heart crazy good buy! @Krissy_1968 @HappyDaze 

Skinn Cosmetics Sugar Lips Polish & Lip Dye Long-Wear Lip Lacquer Duo - 312-024

Doorbuster Price $ 23.80
Save: $10.20 (30% off)
or  6 ValuePay®: $3.97
S&H: $4.99
312-024- Skinn Cosmetics Sugar Lips Polish & Lip Dye Long-Wear Lip Lacquer Duo

Hello Dazzlers! I have received this kit! I LOVE the lip stains! I have worn the primrose one and it is great! Not drying, lasts a long time...It does dry to a matte finish...I have put gloss over it too and that does shorten the wear time! I am thinking I may even keep the red one and try to rock me some red lips for the holidays (been many years since I have worn a red lippy lol) 

Looks like I may get rest of my order Monday (all in one box Woman Frustrated) amazing how fast USPS got this kit here vs UPS...

can't wait to smell the new perfume but sounds like the sample cards are not highly scented...oh well I pre ordered it regardless...

@Krissy_1968 and everyone else, nice reading your comments on the lip dye kit. Mine should arrive this week along with a few more ordered items. I'm looking forward to trying the lippies and curious to see the longevity on me too. Including a pic of Eve Pearl's liquid lip colors which I'd mentioned I'd do when everyone was talking about potential colors down the line for lip dyes. 

(Still can't post without the "quote" feature enabled. Just have to piggyback till I figure out why this is happening)

I have and like the Mauve Plum shade...Screenshot_2016-09-21-13-36-52-1.png

Respected Contributor

I'll bet you like the Primrose especially, @rochelleS .  Sounds like it's much like the Mauve Plum you mention, possibly lighter. 

I'll be using mine more like an underlay to maintain color more than standalone here.  I like a creamy lipstick so will layer.  I have the Cranberry on today and it's still going strong after a couple of meals.  I look forward to seeing what other shades he brings along, too.

Took a test drive of the new Foot Fetish kit tonight, and the mint is nice and refreshing on the ole clodhoppers after a long day.  Woman Wink 

Hope you like the Lip Dye Kit and look forward to hearing back!Woman Wink