Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Regular mirror for face; magnifying for eyes; magnifying when face is done to be sure I don't have glops of makeup, powder, etc. that I missed on regular mirror.

Same here.  I use regular for most of my makeup routine, check it with magnifying side (mine is 5X and I have a 10X hand held I sometimes use for plucking, etc.).  I use the magnifying side for mascara and liner, yes.  But overall I agree with @Shanus  that you can over do or under do makeup with a magnifying mirror.  

I do always check at the end to make sure no bloops or mistakes in the 5x mirror in bright natural light.

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 

I love this for the car.

Bought it on Amazon

It straps onto the visor

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped 

I HAVE THIS MIRROR ON STANDBY! LOL

I've had my Remmington mirror that looks basically the same for over 30 years.  I can't believe it's still working.  It's getting almost impossible to find this style anymore and I don't care for the new ones.  So, I bought this one to have on hand when the current one bites the dust.  Or, it might out live ME!

Honored Contributor

In order to see any details on my face to do anything I have to use the 10x magnification mirror.  When I look into a regular mirror, I think everything is just fine.  Ha-ha.  That's so funny --- I wish!  If I am into fantasy, I don't use the 10x and pretend for a minute that all is great!  The reality has to be addressed!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Yes I do and surprised the OP does not use one.  Mine is a wall mount style with 7x and 1x with lights.  I have a hand held 10x mirror also.  I need to see what I am doing...contacts, chin hairs, eyebrow liner, eyeliner, mascara, under eye concealer.  I look in my regular mirror also to make sure I look presentable.  After that I am done!  Very helpful and if this one ever breaks a replacement will be ordered right away.

I don't think using different mirror strength makes women apply to much make up.  That would be the opinion of the OP and of course the person applying their makeup.  Perhaps they like it heavier then you do?  Maybe like myself they have rosacea and need "extra" and you do not.  Please think kindly toward others in this area...you don't know what is going on with another person.

Honored Contributor

I remember the first time I saw a 15x magnifying mirror in a store.  Without thinking I held it up close to my face ... and nearly fainted.  LOL  

I just hope they don't start making 20x makeup mirrors.  Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor
Yes, I've had a swing-arm 20X magnifying mirror attached to my bathroom wall for 25 years. Not only for makeup, but plucking stray hairs and other maintenance chores. I can't see anything with my glasses off, and can't do makeup with my glasses on.

I also have small 20X mirrors for traveling.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt