Honored Contributor

100% PURE TTV ARRIVED AND...............

[ Edited ]

the foundation has a very strong and strange smell-kind of like menthol..........

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Valued Contributor

Re: 100% PURE TTV ARRIVED AND...............

HI @catlover - thanks for sharing - have you tried it yet? Any thoughts?
Regular Contributor

Does it list menthol or anything similar in the ingredients? Glad I passed on it because that sounds like it would be very irritating to the skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a bottle of 100 percent pure liquid foundation and it has no odor at all.

Super Contributor

I received mine a couple days ago and I've used it twice now- I don't notice any odor at all.

Occasional Contributor

Looking at the ingredient listing for this foundation:

Second Skin Foundation: Olive Squalane, Pigmented extracts of Peach, Apricot, Cocoa beans, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Wild Cherry, Coffee Beans, Micronized Black Tea leaves, Rice Starch, Japanese Honeysuckle Extract, Rosemary Extract, Oregano Extract, Thyme Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Lavender Extract, Calendula Extract, Vitamin E, Bamboo Silica, Tumeric.

the highlighted ingredients could contribute to an "odor" to the product but there isn't any menthol.  Some of those extracts might be part of their natural preservative system,  according to what Susie said on the air. 

Respected Contributor

@Miss KittyKitty wrote:

Looking at the ingredient listing for this foundation:

Second Skin Foundation: Olive Squalane, Pigmented extracts of Peach, Apricot, Cocoa beans, Pomegranate, Raspberry, Wild Cherry, Coffee Beans, Micronized Black Tea leaves, Rice Starch, Japanese Honeysuckle Extract, Rosemary Extract, Oregano Extract, Thyme Extract, Goldenseal Extract, Lavender Extract, Calendula Extract, Vitamin E, Bamboo Silica, Tumeric.

the highlighted ingredients could contribute to an "odor" to the product but there isn't any menthol.  Some of those extracts might be part of their natural preservative system,  according to what Susie said on the air. 

Japanese Honeysuckle Extract will be the main "natural" preservative.  It has been proven to be ineffectual.  Rosemary extract will slow down oxidation of oils as will Vit E.  Neither of those will do diddly to preserve against bacteria or molds.  Calendula is a skin soothing extract that will not contribute to reducing oxidation or preserving.  Turmeric, rosemary, oregano, thyme, and Lavendar extracts have been known to irritate sensitive skin.  Depending on the species of Lavendar used it can be very camphorous in odor which may very well be what OP is noticing.

Learning what I have about formulating I'd quickly call this out as being very poorly preserved and sure to allow bacteria, yeasts, and molds to thrive.  Especially if it is in a bottle and exposed to air and fingers.  Having used the brand and witnessing first hand everything go off quickly I can attest to it.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Bella Carro for this review on ingredients! Could you please, be so kind to take a same "scientific" look for me on their eye cream, pretty please! Thanks!

100% PURE Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream Full Size & Travel Size Duo - 311-273

INGREDIENTS:
Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water (Organic Rose Hydrosol)*, Rosa Canina Seed Extract (Rosehip Oil), Coffea Arabica (Organic Green Coffee) Seed Extract*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Extracts of Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry) Seed, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal), Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla Absolute) Fruit, Euphorbia Cerifera Cera (Candelilla Wax) * Certified Organic.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

Thanks @Bella Carro for this review on ingredients! Could you please, be so kind to take a same "scientific" look for me on their eye cream, pretty please! Thanks!

100% PURE Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream Full Size & Travel Size Duo - 311-273

INGREDIENTS:
Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water (Organic Rose Hydrosol)*, Rosa Canina Seed Extract (Rosehip Oil), Coffea Arabica (Organic Green Coffee) Seed Extract*, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Extracts of Coffea Arabica (Coffee Cherry) Seed, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf, Origanum Vulgare (Oregano) Leaf, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Flower/Leaf, Hydrastis Canadensis (Goldenseal), Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla Absolute) Fruit, Euphorbia Cerifera Cera (Candelilla Wax) * Certified Organic.

@sonechko, hey you sweetie pie!  What's up?  How is this packaged?  Do you have to shake it to mix ingredients?  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi BELLA! Smiley Happy

Doing well, buying stuff steadily! Woman LOL

I was so anxious to open the package, don't remember everything about the packaging. All I remember, it had an Evine colorful plastic envelope on outside, inside it was tightly sealed bubble envelope, and both eye creams - 1 oz and trial size, I think were just rolling freely inside.

I am using it from a trial size like about three times, too early to say it's effects, but did not do harm and I think eyes look okay with it. But of course, there is some great serum underneath, which is NOT 100% pure line. The cream stinks a little right after the application and further after, but it's okay, if it will start showing the results for my naturally puffy upper lid, minimizing that darn puffiness - then it can stink all it wants, if not - no mas of 100% pure eye cream for me!

I am going to receive TTV with foundation today. Thanks again for the ingredients interpretation, @Bella Carro!!!

Here it is on a picture:

311-273- 100% PURE Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream Full Size & Travel Size Duo